Wonder Woman 026 storytime

New writer. This issue could cause plenty of drama.

>Only rapist in a syrian refugee camp is a FUCKING WHITE MALE

o boy! this is already bad

This isn't Rucka anymore. You don't have to force anger.

After this arc, James Robinson makes his DC comeback by answering "who is Wondy's brother?"

ANOTHER Origin story!!?!

>greek
>white

? ? ?

She's Wonder Woman?

What is going to cause drama?

>a neo nazi looking dude helping refugee in first place
>Greeks
>white

>people in general
>white

And now she's dead, cool!

I came in with low expectations after Rucka's hot mess... but this was actually pretty cute. I really enjoyed the art.

Wow the art in this issue is sloppy. Lines all over the place. The editor for this did not do their job. A few hours and these could've been cleaned up by anybody.

N-NANI?
Also I honestly forgot that Mirka Andolfo was on pencils now
I'm not sure the colouring is really suiting but it's nice to see her on more high-profile books

What the fuck is up with this shit writing

This actually better than I expected. I like it.

General plot is decent, its the individual pages that let it down.

plus point. greek here, nani nani is indeed used to lullaby here. Good job.

NEXT

>Decent art
>General plot seems decent

But
Lots of weird little moments that don't seem to work that well.

Wow we're back to shit tier WW already? You guys are going to be wishing Rucka was back.

That was a nice start. I have to say my favorite bit was the part briefly exploring some themes of Diana's childhood, which as I've always said is the biggest untapped well of stories for modern Diana.

Of course this issue only touches upon it lightly, but I like the way it was brought up. Themyscira is not an island solely of warriors, and Diana can grow up to be whatever she wants in theory, but in reality, she was given her powers at birth in order to be the protector of the island and one day accomplish the gods' mission that the Amazons failed at: bring peace to the world.

Like others have said weird moments like her screaming at the guy inviting her to the picnic and Andolfo's art is clearly a little bit of "deadline style" but overall I'm excited to see where it goes. Glad to see Etta will remain a big part of the supporting cast.

Also you simply cannot get more classic of a cliffhanger ending than that unless you had someone literally dangling from a cliff.

;_;

Stopping a cartoonishly bad man from doing something cartoonishly bad to a completely innocent person is a Superman/Wonder Woman staple and a tried-and-true method of establishing the character at the start of the story. If this were like the main villain, then you could complain, but otherwise you're just complaining about comic books being comic books.

I think user was complaining because the writer thinks white guy trying to rape a refugee woman in a camp is a decent idea for
>entry scene bad person the hero stops

>punching people
NOPE.

>Stopping a cartoonishly bad man from doing something cartoonishly bad to a completely innocent person is a Superman/Wonder Woman staple
Snapping necks is a Wonder Woman staple.

>Wow we're back to shit tier WW already?
>back
>implying Rucka wasn't shit tier

Its a weird set up for the story tho. Why not just have her at the camp helping. WW isnt about punching people.

This was meh. Way too occupied with being cutesy. There's also a ton of plot threads: Sick people, the bomb, WW's feelings. Shea better be able to wrap them all up

This is one of these moments where Super speed is a thing.

He did a good job with Cheetah, Cale, and Circe. Now we're getting another OC Donut Steal villain who will be forgotten after Shea leaves, and then Robinson will be tying up another Johns plotline that Johns can't bother to himself.

>he did a good job with cheetah
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

The barbara-ann centered chapter where she's in that archeology expedition is the worst comic issue I have ever written and that includes Harley Quinn: Roadtrip.

No, but keep memeing.

I'm probably the fag most autistic about nonviolent Wonder Woman on this site, but fact is sometimes superhero just gotta punch some people.

Of course, a more deft writer may have opened with a scene of her talking someone down or solving a problem nonviolently. But they can't all be Messner-Loebs or Simones.

*I have ever read.

Too late. We know it's you Rucka. Your cover is blown.

did rucka also write harley quinn roadtrip?

And now his ghost writing has been exposed too. Man Rucka dropping the ball on so many secrets.

That was fine I suppose. The over overarching plot seems interesting and baby Diana is CUTE. I also quite liked the art.

Though I didn't like Why the fuck would it be some white skin-head in a presumably Arab countries refugee camp? Should've just made it a Muslim guy, problem solved.

Etta was also acting REALLY out of character compared to how Rucka just wrote her so that was jarring.

Overall not bad, not amazing, it was fine.

The camp is in Greece.
>So yeah, Arab Country.

I didn't notice that, fair play.

Re: the white guy - I've been out to a fair few camps for work. A huge amount of sexual abuse goes on, the vast majority perpetrated by other migrants. But there is a small portion of organised criminal elements, mostly Albanian/serb groups that promise transit to western Europe in exchange for large amounts of cash or 'services.' So its not unfeasible for a "white" guy to be doing this, only exceedingly unlikely and they travel in packs, and generally coerce, rather than force.

I want to do illegal thinks to loli Diana

>Etta was also acting REALLY out of character compared to how Rucka just wrote her so that was jarring.
But Etta's supposed to be a cheerful smartass, so it was nice to see a return to form. Rucka's the one who fucked up there. Much as I like his stuff, dude seems to have an issue with being way too serious. Etta's the comic relief sidekick, for fucks sake.

>Destiny

Her mom's gonna be one of the Fates, isn't she?

I didn't really like this very much but I'll give it a second try I guess

Oh I guess this writer is just doing inane fill in issues until Robinson picks up.

This was a surprisingly enjoyable issue.

>Warlington

Eminem isn't messing around.

Drown yourself in a vat of acid.

This issue was a bit too blandfor my tastes. The dialogue was stilted and the art never quite reflected the energy of the scenes. It felt like the second issue in a new run, not one right after a major story arc. I liked Etta's portrayal as it feels a bit more like her than the stoic, bitter Waller-lite from Rucka's run. I was hoping for a bit more action in this small run, similar to the writer's Justice League fill-in. We'll see if next issue gets better.

This art feels like a blend of Pichelli and Jimenez that isn't as good as either.

AAAAAAAAAAAAND dropped

And I thought Finch had a bad start.

One page in, nice.

bump

>tumblr hair at the army
UGH

It's a high and tight. Typically men just have them.

>Diana will never help you find your lost shoe
jdimsa

There's some awkwardness to it, but overall fine.

Robinson himself is also just a fill-in arc to settle the Johns plotline though.

Yeah I would agree with this

>this fucking page

The kid was cute.

>REEEEEEE they showed a white guy committing a crime! This is anti-white propaganda!!!
>Nevermind that blonde haired, blue-eyed Steve Trevor is also in the camp helping people, or that Wonder Woman herself is white, showing any vaguely white person ever doing anything bad proves the writers hate white people!!!

Sup Forums needs to leave.

This issue is that with the epidemic of rapefugees raping natives, the writer instead decided to focus on a native raping a refugee.

This issue has no alternate cover???

Is that Johnny Sins?

There is, OP must have missed it

Thank you, so far I've been loving the work of this artist with those covers.

Wonder Woman is an exciting superhero, she is absolutely about punching people. Not every scene can be about her hugging people to fix problems, action is a vital part of her character and always has been.

Rucka's the one that fucked up with Etta. I'd rather her not be in the military at all, but it's great to actually give her back her sass.

Why does this guy look like a woman dressed as an old man?

Answer

>Nobody gives a shit.

Its in regulation, better then that shitty bun most girls wear

Am I the only one that just doesn't like Robinson. I felt like his Earth 2 missed the entire fucking point of Earth 2, legacy. He kills bruce, clark and Diana, transports their kids to NuEarth, then makes Jay and Alan young.

I feel like Wonder Woman was one of the few great changes of the Nu52 and instead they decided drop it for the guy that wrote a shit punisher series.

Nothing. This is nothing worse than the books been.

See

But the whole point of his E2 was the legacy aspect of heroes stepping up after the Trinity died.

And the JSA characters were originally young.

Sounds like you're the one who didn't get the point.

We can only hope that certain Azz run elements get filtered back into Wondy's overarching story in the aftermath of Rucka's shitshow. I particularly hope we see Old Man Ares again.

I got it just fine.

He failed to establish the "Trinity" instead using their status as a cypher, lazy writing.

The characters with a connection to the big three who would have made their death have meaning were instead shoved off to E1 and handed to another writer.

They weren't young, they're adventures took place in the 1940's! By the time E2 became a thing, a new generation of heroes had been born. Jade, Obsidian, Power Girl.

Your right I don't understand an author refusing to follow a proven concept.