80s cartoons thread

80s cartoons thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dzyh_nEuh3M
pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/lupin-iii-part-2-credits
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"All 80s cartoons are fucking shit" - John K

>Not seeing Mighty Mouse, a cartoon John K had a hand in.

So
Toshiko Masuda > Ralph Baksi > Lee Gunther > LouScheimer > Iwao Takamoto

Pretty much.

He believes everyone tried to copy Mighty Mouse. He says that on his blog at least 100 times.

Alot of the Mighty Mouse crew later went on to do Tiny Toons as well.

Jem, Transformers, and G.I. Joe were great shows (especially Jem) in pretty much every way aside from animation being often janky

God bless Lee Gunther-Sunbow Productions.

They were better then your average 30 minute toy commercial, thats for sure.

Imagine a world where Sunbow had also gotten He-Man instead of Filmation

It would of had better animation, thats for sure.

Little Nemo had a feature film budget (albeit a small one) and shouldn't be lumped in with television animation.

>people actually treating a Famicom thread as anything other than pure shitposting

>deifying Tokyo Movie Shinsha like they had any creative input in the production of an American cartoon

Fuck off, TMS Fag.

Anyone got a list of 80's Euroanime?

How is this then?

Isn't Transformers Japanese?

Everything under Sunbow is Japanese (Toei).

>Isn't Transformers Japanese?

Written, designed, storyboarded, directed in the US.

Animation outsourced to Japan and South Korea.

What about headmasters?

Headmasters is 100% Toei.

That one was 100% made in Japan, though as a continuation of the American-produced series.

Fuck off, mate. They did the animation.

What's funny is I prefer the th bottom 3

also, no forced morals of the day, and the plots would have revolved more around random craziness

And Korea does the animation for tons of shows now, doesn't mean they have even the slightest amount of input on the show.

As outsourced labor. And the shows pictured by OP, Gummi Bears and DuckTales, also had animation outsourced to China, Korea and the Philippines.

TMS was just labor. The script writing, design work, layouts, storyboards and direction were all handled in the US. They just did as they were told.

Only TMS Fag thinks otherwise and he's called TMS "FAG" for a reason.

You do know Sunbow also did this right?

youtube.com/watch?v=dzyh_nEuh3M

>Chaotic Evil
>Neutral Evil
>True Neutral
>Chaotic Good
>Chaotic Neutral
discuss

The alignment mechanics are onyl bad for people who never actually read how it is supposed to work.

No.

It's this weeb/otaku thing. They believe that calling a show "anime" somehow elevates it or legitimizes it as art. So they look for any reason to consider a US production "anime" even if all they have is an outsourced Japanese animation studio used for cheap labor.

>"DuckTales is anime because TMS worked on it!"
>"What about all the episodes done in Korea?"
>"Those aren't anime because TMS didn't work on them."
>"So DuckTales is anime expect for the half of the series that isn't anime?"
>"Yes."

Autism is a prerequisite for being an otaku.

>OP cites DuckTales and Gummi Bears as his sources
>user discuses DuckTales and Gummi Bears in reply
>TMS Fag posts screenshot of The New Batman Adventures and thinks he's somehow won the argument

God, you are fucking crippled, TMS Fag.

I miss when kids bought toys. I know people like to act all enlightened by pointing out shows in the old days were made to sell toys, but today nobody buys toys so we have barely any shows.

This.
Pic related.

Thanks for proving that the Japanese studios were precisely what they were: Outsourced labor.

Now post all the credits containing the Korean studios and the Filipino studios and the Chinese studios, you colossal homo.

Really? I tried Jem on Netflix and couldn't really get into it. The pacing and writing made each episode feel like it was two hours long. Should I try again? I quite liked Transformers and GI Joe though.

Again, no.

>Now post all the credits containing the Korean studios and the Filipino studios and the Chinese studios, you colossal homo.

user, don't you understand!

Batman and Gummi Bears and DuckTales and Tiny Toons were all 50/50 co-productions with TMS!

Except for all those fucking episodes TMS had nothing to do with and were done in South Korea!

But except for about 75% of the series, those shows were TOTALLY the brainchild of TMS producers and creators!

Kids don't want toys, they just want smartphones so they can shitpost on Sup Forums

Pic related.

are you suggesting we make a cartoon about smartphones?!

That's Famicom's math alright. Remember when he claimed they spent 60 million dollars on Green Lantern: First Flight?

We know it's you, TMS Fag. It's time for you to fuck off.

You said you were leaving Sup Forums forever. I guess you fagged out and couldn't keep away.

"Debunked."
"Lots of people use that word."
"Seek help."
"That was not him."
"He has not posted in this thread."
And lastly, TMS Fag is autistically incapably of ignoring any post that calls him out as being TMS Fag.

You give yourself away every time, you sperg.

Uhhh...

pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/lupin-iii-part-2-credits

>"Look! LOOK! JAPANESE PEOPLE!"

That doesn't mean they had any creative input. I'm starting to see how you got your reputation as a fag.

No, we make an ANIMATED MOVIE about Smartphones!

Uhhhh... you're a fuckin retard?

Japanese animators worked on both domestic and outsourced media because they took the jobs that came to them? So fucking what?

God, you're stupid, TMS Fag.

You forgot something absolutely hilariously retarded like "Generic loli from Hamtaro is the successor to Bugs Bunny, Bob Clampett said so" or "Google translate said TMS is serving duck on the staff lunch menu, DUCKTALES HAND DRAWN REBOOT CONFIRMED"

the more i get into producing my own animations the more i realize that making stuff is cheap as fuck

and more then likely if you don't lie animators and cartoonist get RIPPED OFF AND TAKEN FOR A RIDE

No, that said that TMS did not do every episode of Red Jacket Lupin III.

>"Google translate said TMS is serving duck on the staff lunch menu, DUCKTALES HAND DRAWN REBOOT CONFIRMED"

Funny thing is now that the DuckTales reboot has been revealed and TMS is nowhere in sight, TMS Fag has doubled back and insists that they stepped down from production. Ya know, not that it's because he made the whole fucing thing up or whatever.

What a fuckin tard.

>We will never be able to have a thread on Sup Forums about Disney Afternoon or Spielberg/WB cartoons ever again, all because of TMS Fag's rampaging autism

I wish they'd ban that worthless, obnoxious little sperg.

Warning: This thread is made by the Famicon spook or will soon attract the Famicon spook very soon

Shitposting and Hamtaro will come to you unless you hide and report this thread

>It's a TMS Autist thread

Nope.

quick rundown on the famicon guy

i have no clue what the fuck you guys are talking about

I'm seeing far more people freak out and derail conversation due to TMS's inclusion in OP's post than actual autism from the TMS poster.

Fact: Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors was better and more entertaining than anything John K. has ever done.

Thats because Disney rejected TMS for costing too much.
>Clampett died in 1984, years before Hamtaro was made.
>The Hamtaro lolis are not generic
>serving duck on the staff lunch menu
That was chicken
$78 million, and a budget that size would of not only kept the film in the States but it would of been CG animated and been released in theaters rather then being direct to video.

They did. He changes his IP just like Barneyfag, just like Scrapper, just like very other single subhuman turbo autist who is such a mouthbreather you can identify them on an anonymous board with hundreds of posters from their writing style alone. Sup Forums just outright deletes his threads on sight because they get actual moderation.

Famicom/TMS Fag is an autist who is obsessed with the Japanese animation studio TMS/Tokyo Movie Shinsha.

He credits anything and everything he can to them and cites his own made-up bullshit as sources. Hilariously made-up bullshit like mentioned.

He also talks almost exclusively in the same phrases or slight variations of them. The list of his phrases is spoiler-texted here: Basically, any time he sees a thread mentioning Disney Afternoon or Spielberg/WB cartoons, he will instantly begin shitting it up with the same posts about TMS. When he gets called out for being Famicom/TMS Fag he will ALWAYS reply to the post and insist "he is not in this thread/that was not him". Every single time.

He's as bad as Barney Fag.

>Funny thing is now that the DuckTales reboot has been revealed and TMS is nowhere in sight, TMS Fag has doubled back and insists that they stepped down from production. Ya know, not that it's because he made the whole fucing thing up or whatever.

AND THEN:

>Thats because Disney rejected TMS for costing too much.

Right on schedule, TMS Fag.

>took forensics course
>can id people by how they talk
>know this and frequently change my writing style to shitpost to the maximum
>such as translating the post then back to english
>dont do this too much because then it could also be used to id me

All you need to know is that he loves to use the word "debunked". All the fucking time.

SeeGuy's a fucking moron. Also it's his shitty thread, he made the garbage OP image.

THERE'S A POWER THAT COMES FROM DEEP INSIDE OF YOU

>Animation historian in the vains of Jerry Beck & Thad Komorowski.
>Also a artist like John Kricfalusi and Mark Kausler.
>Got banned off of Toon Zone because he wants Japanese animators to get paid a actual salary.
>Got banned off of TV Tropes because he hated Avatar.

He's some idiot narcissist slash "animation historian" that allegedly worked for a Japanese studio in the 90s called Tokyo Movie Shinsha / Telecom and decided that everything that studio did is the best thing ever conceived.

His examples for them are a bunch of 90s series produced by gringos and outsourced to TMS, and fucking Hamtaro.

His modus operandi consists making an infographic about animation history and non-chalantly adding TMS as one of the major players, every time, then goes spastic as soon as someone notices TMS didn't do much.

They were great shows for kids in the 80s, no denying that. Else they wouldn't have cult followings.

None of that is true.

holy shit i had the little toy as a kid but i never saw the show

second hand toys are rad

CAUSE EVERY DAY YOU'RE REACHING TOWARD THE LIIIIIIGHT

>He's some idiot narcissist slash "animation historian"

The fact that this post appeared seconds before you pretty much proves you are correct:
>>Animation historian in the vains of Jerry Beck & Thad Komorowski.>Also a artist like John Kricfalusi and Mark Kausler.

TMS Fag is here and he's as autistic as ever.

None of that is true, lets get back on topic before you derail the thread even more.

>Green Lantern: First Flight IMDB page
>Estimated budget: $3,500,000

>None of that is true.

Are you trying to say that it has been...

*debunked*? :^)

Listening to the Jem Masters and the songs are pretty good.

I think it's time someone went to the IRC and asked the mods to do something about it.

he does not openly break the rules but he ruins every thread he steps in.

He is not.
Thats a overall budget, every DC DTV movie has a different budget ranging from $3.5 million to $900,000, sometimes more or sometimes less.

If you really want to give TMS Fag a seizure, just mention that the Wang and AKOM episodes of Tiny Toons were better than the TMS episodes. He cannot resist that bait.

>None of that is true.
>None of that is true
>He is not.

You are so bad at this, TMS Fag.

It's against the rules to use faces/emojis here.

no it isn't, ;_; is a universally accepted emoticon.

Wang Film, Kennedy Cartoons and AKOM did the best looking episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures.

TMS and StarToons were the worst of all the animation studios on that show.

Do you not understand the difference between 3.5 million and 78 million?

Tried watching Visionaries recently but couldn't make it past the 4th episode.

TMS's animation so fucking god awful and incompetent the episodes were practically indecipherable. Toei was never great, but they were way better than those lame-os.

I was under the impression (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ was allowed as well.

Now you're just putting out bait.

>Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumber Land

A shame the original plan to have it animated by Ghibli fell through.

Passing it off to an assembly line sweat shop like Tokyo Movie Shinsha really fucked the whole thing up.

Stop posting bait.

Stop being a fag, TMS Fag.

Those 3 at the tops wouldn't exist if it weren't for Star Wars's toy line introducing the idea of small collectible figures with giant ships as containers. Same goes for Hasbro.

Kondo's pilot was in 1984, Ghibli was not founded until 1985 and TMS is not a sweat shop as they have air conditioning.

Man there are so many japanese emojis I wish I could use here. Unfortunately I keep getting "spam warnings" when I try to use the more complicated ones. (ू˃̣̣̣̣̣̣︿˂̣̣̣̣̣̣ ू)

I never really understood the bad rap that toy driven shows get. The need to introduce more things keeps them interesting and stops them from either stagnating or devolving into relationship drama.

Is TMS the guys who did those really hideously awful episodes of Animaniacs?

There was never a bad rap, it was just John K bitching and complaining about networks not picking up his shows.

No, that was Freelance Animation in New Zealand.

He didn't work for TMS. He's an autistic fan who makes shit like that up to prove his points and wants to justify his huge boner for little girls from hamtaro.

He's literally a manchild saying dumb shit and linking unrelated Japanese articles to trick people into thinking the outsourced animation studio had an actual hand in the writing or directing of cartoons.

Yeah the same studio that butchered Cybersix, and animated that shitty Batman Beyond movie.

Way to take the bait, TMS Fag. You never disappoint.

Well, I'm sure you're a disappointment to your parents. They most surely wanted a normal son, not a sperg so crippled by the spectrum he cannot function even in Sup Forums.