BONE

Well shit, this was good! Why I never see you talk about BONE, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

boneville.com/?latest=raslcomic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its pretty old so it has been discussed to death, also most shitposters ignore it so you don't see bait threads around.
heard there was a plan for a movie or something but it's probably a pretty old rumor.

>its pretty old so it has been discussed to death
fuck, I catched another Hellboy. Shame, wanted to see what people thought about it.

>Shame, wanted to see what people thought about it.
Easily one of the best independent comics ever made. Thorn is best waifu.

A lot of elements about it were pretty cliche, and the jump from silly to serious and epic could've been done better.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the hell out of it when I first read it. The fifth book in particular was a lot of fun.

Only an asshole would call you out for not knowing about older shit. To hell with them. The fact you are reading older stuff, GOOD older stuff, and want to discuss is not a bad thing user.

Post away.
I enjoy some aspects of Bone I did not get it. The art was lame, it seemed too nice/immature and it was not something I found interesting. When I got older I reread it and it deserves most of the praise it gets.

I got only one thing that bothered me.
What was up with Rock Jaw at the end of the story?
He just let Bone and Thorn pass.

Probably because he just stopped caring about the war, which was ironic because of his earlier speech about "you MUST pick a side."

Perhaps it was because he realized the Hooded One's promises of rewards were empty, or it was because constantly chasing Bone just never worked out well.

>Thorn is the best waifu

It's great and generally agreed to be great.
It is pretty much mentioned in every Rec thread or Rec image.

Because there's nothing besides "I like this" "me too" to talk about, threads aren't made or die easily.

You get conflicting opinions or something to rage about? It'll live.
Get something we all enjoy. It begins and ends rather fast.

Best way to get more talk about it is to storytime it, if you got the time for that.

>Best way to get more talk about it is to storytime it, if you got the time for that.
I should get a hardrive only for that.
Wonder if there is even a quality scan somewhere

*correct

Also, I love how batshit insane the villain was
A FUCKING BALOON

Because it was good, you just answered your own question. If we can't bitch about it we dont care.

Who's excited for the movie adaptation to completely ruin it?

Checked desuarchive, most recent link posted on Sup Forums from last October is dead.

Your best bet is to check the FATASS pastebin posted in the WinOThreads
And if not there check torrent sites
And if still nothing make a request on said WinOThreads, since it was Empire scanners who posted the October one.

Is there word of a script to read online?
Maybe they'll be decent.

I love the genuine "are you fucking kidding me?" the Bone cousins all get when the balloon is revealed.

Everybody talks about Bone, you fucking nigger. Anytime someone asks for recs or makes a best off list, Bone is always somewhere on it. Same with Cerberus and the name Allan Moore in lieu of a specific book.

What do you guys think of the prequel and the sequels?

Why did everyone just call them "rat creatures?" Like, they even called themselves "rat creatures"

PHONCIBLE P. BONE WILL GET YOU

>Have like half the books on my shelf
>Forget to double check exactly which ones I have whenever I'm at the book/comic shop
>Don't want to buy the same book a second time
>Tell myself to check when I get home
>Forget by the time I get back
>Don't remember until I'm at the store again

This has happened so many times by now. I hate myself

Love it, but after Rock Jaw it got less funny/too plotty. Still fckin think its great though.

which raises a good question.
When does something becomes too plotty?
How can you balance the funny stuff with a story progression without becoming basically a padody? I think that Bone, altought with some flaws, handled that rather well.

have to recover them. Although I'm more curious about Boneville since we don't get to see it in the main story.

get the big black and white one. how it was originally done

I dunno. Just thought the first two thirds were better. Love it tho

Why, simple enough user, I don't go in the recommended threads. Being a eurofag cuts you off a lot of american stuff (although you can say I have access to a lot of France stuff)

>Still have my copy of the huge book that was all nine in one that I've had since third grade
Feelsgoodman

I'm in too deep now

Half the series by now, buying the omnibus feels like a waste
Mistakes were made

I have to reread this.
I still have a few of my issues, but I kind of want to just buy that huge book.
It's not all that expensive for what it is either.

Yeah, it's like 30 bucks. Besides I think reading it on one go increases the experience

I was lucky enough to have my LCS change management, and new management having big sale to make space.
I got the whole shebang in a FATASS omnibus and living the good life.

Same issue with Hellboy and The Goon.

It's agreed to be good.

It's a comic that I think absolutely everyone should read at least once. It definitely helped give a spotlight to indie comics.

So here's a question, what do you guys think of any of the other comics by the same authort?
Even though it reminds me of Bone quite a lot I still really like Tuki.

What was your most "OH SHIT" moment?

my favourite comic series ever, read the first when I was 12 and finished it at the age 17. Absolutely adored it.

Just so you know, you can buy the omnibus from Jeff Smith's website for like 30-40 and he will sign it with a doodle of Fone Bone

seeing the giant phoney balloon was the reason they were chasing him the whole time.

Hell yeah, Bone. Not perfect but really good, I'm glad they still sell the color versions.
He's a cat. Cats just do things because.

Take a picture of what you have. Right now. Then when you go next round, look at the picture.

There was a lot of off-model with more detailed characters like Thorn and the Hooded One throughout, I noticed. Simple designs like Gran'ma Ben and Lucius were very consistent though.
At any rate, I love the shit out of it, though I'd say I like Jeff Smith's RASL a little more.

...R VOTE
"As soon as we save him, let's kill him."

Definitely this the balloon was hilarious

I read it so long ago I've forgotten most of the story. But the one thing that sticks with me the most was how winter came.

[/spoiler]And the Thorn bathing scene.[/spoiler]

Has anyone here read Rasl it's completely different from bone but it's pretty good like a sci-fi noir it's barley mentioned anywhere

never heard of it, I want to check it out.

Thorn is so hot.

Story time when

>Like, they even called themselves "rat creatures"
Presumably because that's what the valley folk called them, they just ran with it. The Hooded One called them "the hairy men of the south" so it's probably fair to say they had a proper name at one point that they just forgot or something.

You should it's pretty damn good and the first chapter is online for free

boneville.com/?latest=raslcomic

Is the bone omnibus comfortable, or is too big to read properly?

Not to sound like a faggot or shit posting but it all depends on the size of your hands. I had no issues holding it, but my daughter had some issues and needed to hold it across the top of the book, and keep the pages down. It is more durable than a Dark Horse omnibus so I was not worried about it.

My personal favorite, it's a shame it doesn't get more attention.

I fucking loved that part

weve been chasing the wrong person ause of a fucking balloon

it's like a saga of 9 books dude. The omnibus is like 1200+ pages. With the time limitation and others, the storytimer would have to invest an entire week to the thing.
[spoilerMaybe in August I'll try to do something about it ][/spoiler]

honestly I was hoping Phoney was the actual chosen one just to toy around with the trope. I'm still satisfied with how things turned out

Honestly he didn't deserve all the shit he got

His great grandmother started all of this

She shouldn't have love her tail so much

>humiliated multiple times
>gets his arm chopped off
>gets abandonned by his men in a comatose state
>gets his togue torn off by a giant cat
>still able to figh
>survive a fucking volcano explosion
>gets half his face burned by said explosion
>wanders in the underground for weeks just to reach probably one of the most hostile places for his race
>realizes he's a mere pawn and just wants to die
>Thorn refuses
>FUCKTHISSHIT.JPG

This fucking old hag.

Those eyes go right into the uncanny valley, jfc.

Rose is pretty awesome IMO

Yeah he really really got screwed over

Yeah i don't really play into that weird waifu shit. I view it as kinda pathetic, but if i had to pick one it would totally be Thorn.

Well, she was a rare kind of villain. Where else in any other kind of media where the main villain is a homicidal hag?

I unfortunately was introduced to this series with the 6th Volume, so the Briar/Hooded One twist was semi-spoiled for me. Tracked down the rest via book fairs and B&N.

>tfw will never experience the joys of reading the color volumes for the first time sitting in the mall's B&N store while my mother shops for clothes next door.

Lucius coming out of nowhere to sacrifice himself and kill Briar

She terrified me when I was younger.

Press F to pay respect

an homicidial hag that is a fucking legitimate threat.
Also I love how goofy she was at times
>tfw she's basically dancing while his master awakens.
yeah, but my vote still goes to this guy for more fucked up face

I haven't read that yet but I LOVED Smith's Shazam book.

I loved how the Hooded one used his vanity for his old face to fuck with him.

That scene where she fucking flew just to chop him in half like a bitch was priceless.

She really was a great villain being a petty lunatic who served a formless spiritual abomination but she really was fucking terrifying

He deserved it. I mean, he pretty much discarted the greatest defence of the kingdom because MUH DRAGONS

Any word on the movie?

>tfw you chased a scrooge mcduck for half the story only to realized you picked the wrong person
It's funny the Locust basically said "yo, I know you fucked up big time and I kinda killed you for it, but I still need your help"

Btw which Thorn do you prefer?
Farmer Thorn, Awaken Thorn, Warrior Thorn or End Thorn?

F

Farmer thorn but warrior thorn is great too

Fuck it, I'm gonna finish it right now. Haven't read it in like six years. That little girl who was clippining through shit was terrifying, though.

>heard there was a plan for a movie or something but it's probably a pretty old rumor.

It's in pre-production at WB as a trilogy. To be directed by the guy who did Kung Fu Panda and the Little Prince.

The rat creatures in general seemed like they got a bad rap, if the scene where the two stupid rat creatures talking to Smiley and Fone are anything to go by. I mean, they were all still fucking assholes, but they were generally content to stick to their own land until Briar showed up.

The only thing about the reveal I can't reconcile is the voice. Before they see who it is, everyone assumes The Hooded One is male, so the voice must be pretty deep. But when I look at Briar, I imagine a much more standard evil old lady voice, which no one could mistake as male.

Smiley bone is the best character

>you will never have a true bro relationship like the one Smiley and Bartleby have

My bro eats more

I've always meant to look into this. Is this a better read than Cerebus? I dunno which to pick up first.

I always imagined RASL sounding like Robin Atkin Downes doing his Kaz Miller voice.

It's more consistent and focused than Cerebus. I would go for Bone first simply because it's easier to get through.

I agree, though as an edgy 90s teen I thought the art was lame. Looking back it was really decent.

The art seemed like it was trying to find a compromise between two radically different styles. Like it wanted a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" feel to it, but that is extremely hard to pull off, especially drawn.

Hellboy effect just really good comics that are old or don't have controversy aren't talked about

Everyone on Sup Forums agrees it's great so there isn't much to talk about

Yeah the girl was freaky but all the plot twist and tesls love made it a damn good book

See, from the beginning, before the reveal of Briar, I always heard the Hooded One's lines in a raspy, kinda whisper-y voice. Just this hunched, crippled-sounding character with a damaged, old voice to them.

F

I honestly kinda wish it stayed a stupid silly comic tbqh
Still loved the hell out of it tho

It lost me when it stopped being character-focused and the land was covered in fog or whatever. I have super fond memories of the beginning of the series but have dumped all my memories of the ending.

Tarsil revealing his true face, and Briar subsequently slicing him in half

My friend doesn't want to buy the huge bible of it. And he won't take me up on buying the scholastic single volumes.

Fuck him. It is exactly his sort of thing and fits his style.

I read it literally ten years ago and don't remember shit.