Latchkey Kingdom

New chapter, get in here

Isn't this a little early? We only got like one page and a cover for the new chapter. Wouldn't it be more fitting to do a storytime instead?

It's been a while since the last thread, so there's a fair number of side story comics to post. Plus the new page has a lot of content for discussion I think.

If you want to storytime, you could though.

Baller, new thread and new colored chapter. HOYPE

Oh damn, I almost forgot about this arc.

Fucking RIP to that guy

Hot springs episode

>Fucking RIP to that guy
He's a backer character though, so I doubt Nick'd kill him off for good (unless the backer stopped paying or something). I'll hold off on posting character art so I can save them for bumps.

Actually the backer for that story said at one point that if they were not able to get a comic spot again in time, then they would just drop the story completely. They also did not want someone else to pick up the story and continue it from where it left off because they feel that it would then not be their story anymore.

Oh, well, RIP I guess. Though it's not like he'll be missed that badly, since there are so many backer characters that I don't think people other than their backers are too attached to them (except for Galondria of course).

It's a shame too, that armor guy who got fish vored actually had some interesting lore on the patreon.

I'll start stockpiling those super sketches, it's been a minute so we're probably gonna need those bumps

Eh, I doubt that will mean the guy will be dead.

He'll just appear in the backgrounds and if anyone ask him about him presumably dying the answer will be "I got better".

It's a bit early to write off the water temple story just yet. Nick have said that he might kick Patreons on the comic spots off when their stories are finished, the reason why is so others can get a chance to take those spots too. So it's possible that the water temple can still be continued. We will just have to wait and see.

Yeah, it's really unlikely that Nick would kill off BBAs. I don't remember Nick having a large numbers of death happened in his stories (though I could be wrong given that it's been a while since I read 70-Seas.)

Wow there is a shit-ton of cameos here, from characters yet to appear in story, BBAs/BBRs and characters from other comics.

I'm not sure I can name them all.

It was mostly Grins and some random mooks that died if memory serves me.

But LK has been mostly death free and then it hasn't been relevant characters.

>and then it hasn't been relevant characters.
I don't fully grasp this part.

I think he means that the characters that have died haven't been relevant characters.

here is an image i commissioned from Nick a while back.

It's of Galondria when she was young with her adoptive father Lenius.

Yeah that was what I meant

The only characters I can think of that have died in LK are un-named characters with no real relevance to the plot. Like that guy shown impaled on a spike by a construct in History of Hilla.

If I missed anyone, tell me so I can update the image.

1 Lag girl in power armor, forgot her name
2 Chloe Placeholder
3 BBA, forgot name
4 HUSBANDO
5 Smug foxe with long sword
6 Tim? Tom? Whatever he's probably not anyone important.
7 Armored jellyfish grill
8 Badger lady who gets hit on by Luke, BBA
9 ?
10 ?
11 Reginald, BBA
12 Sky Higarashi. 70s
13 Sky's lion friend who only says 'nya'
14 Ellen
15 Frog dude from Delve
16 BBA, forgot name
17 Buwaro from Slightly Damned
18 Kieri from Slightly Damned
19 Rhea from Slightly Damned
20 Abigail, BBA
21 Aasma Barkenstein, BBA
22 Tiki guy, BBA
23 Chit, BBR
24 Dirk Angelous, 70S
25 BBA?
26 Don't remember if she has a name

Edit: 12 is Keiko, not Sky
Cool!

Next to Dirk is his girlfriend.

Thanks for that pic, makes this all much easier.

3 is Squire Tuck/Tucker, not an BBA
9 is BBA Polly Armstrong
10 BBA Scarlet Fidofield
12 should be Keiko Higarashi, Sky is the chubby clumsy one
15 I'm sure the dog right next to him is also from Delve
16 is BBA Lily
25 I have no idea
26 is called QT

Otherwise I think you nailed it, even if not all the names weren't remembered.

Oh yeah I barely noticed her.

Poor Tom, he should have realised that sex appeal wins in the end.

Kinda interesting to see Daisy in that line for who I pressume is a female thief.

maybe people would go to his boot more if he was wearing a mask, the female thief does.

>More of Rose
Yes.

I think he tried the "wearing a mask and act all mysterious" act before but it didn't turn out well. Then again he did pull it off for dramatic effect so maybe keeping it on would work?

Still sexy thiefs have always been more popular than regular thiefs, regardless of skill.

Also
>the cover of his book
heh

Thanks

So Starla went from a cultist to a capitalist.
Improvement?

Either way she has stayed just as socipathic.

Sawl is gonna get eaten by a nun.

the thing i allways found fun with this page is how Galondria just looks bored.

She's probably been through worse shit than a bunch of scorpion 'entrepreneurs'.

true.

also, Galondria post before bed.

Sleep tight. This thread may not make it to tomorrow.

In a world full of giant monsters, these Scorpion Entrepreneurs may be among the most level headed monster breeders.

>jalak on the cover
holy shit I'm excite

I was wondering how long it would take for you to show up, Jalak-user.

I'm contractually obligated to lust after him for all-time

I get the impression this chapter was a perfect opportunity to introduce a lot of characters that we had met in the patreon sketches but that the crew hadn't actually interacted with.

Jalak had shown up in Hilla during the ClukClukCrisis but hadn't interacted with Willa & Co.

I'm excited to see him get some characterization outside of laughing at svana and being a femboy

I'm going to throw up if he isn't the huge femboy we assume him to be

I don't know where you guys got the femboy impression. I just assumed he was too-cool-for-school stoic.

it came from me (and probably a few other people) being shocked when someone asked nick about him in one of these threads and found out he wasn't a she, because his first appearance lead me to believe he was another qt girl with a short haircut

I kinda hope he gets to be a big coolguy in this chapter because the femboy thing doesn't really fit a cthulhu hunter outside of some aku™ fanart®

But even if you believed he was a she the characters looks like a no-nonsense kind of dude.

Ms Tery is a total cutie.

Too bad the ears are different. Tiny Mayoral Assistant cold have been Muerte Loca in disguise.

totally no-nonsense

Laughing at Svana is therapeutic, not nonsense.

If anything he looks like a grumpy teenager

a grumpy teenager with childbearing hips

I don't remember Kieri having that much hair desu

No humans in Lagend is one of Nick's rules. That probably means human angels too.

He can be both. He is apparently not very old.

she GROWN

Sweet, we are going back to Willa adventures!

s'been too long

it's good for the heart

I liked Castlemania and Team Zap's Delve, but it is nice to get back to Willa.

Patreon spoilers hint that this chapter should have a lot going on.

Speaking of, here are some super sketches in no particular order

First off is a Kitsune character Nick's been work shopping

Here a few pics of QT, or character number 26 here

Some Fido Friends

Some 12TMT monster ladies

Battle Corgi pt. 1

Battle Corgi part 2 (feat. turbo thick Corgi)

Stella's Stable thumbs

Nick feedin them footfags with this page

Whatever could you mean

Now I want to request jalak as a big masculine dude

Few blades can penetrate that much hair.

I love the :u in the upper right corner. Or more like @u

Nick drawing some Sanic OC's

And here's Nick testing out some colors for Ferrah

I can't remember where we left off last thread so I think I'll stop here and call it a night

I like this idea

>footfags
Hopefully Aku gets here before the thread dies.
This was posted last thread, but it's okay since Farrah is a qt.

Okay. Tough talk.

Is it Farrah or Ferrah?

ferrah

Thank you, I was fairly sure I had read it like that.

That blacksmithing apron thing ferrah wears is really hot

agreed

I cant decide if I like that absolute territory Rosaline's got going on or Nikol's abs more

Thighs > abs every time

it really pulls it's weight on that cha+2

I'm wondering if Jub-Jub is larger than she looks.

I mean we all know what the House Call story is based on.

she's an organic iceberg, 80% of her is under the surface

I think that's all jalak wants too

Some where, Jalak yells out: "finally".

Best zapgirl

Rose has her left arm extended and shaped like a spike/sword in this page, but wouldn't it still hurt to clash against an actual blade like willa's?

Well Deane turned out to be useless.

Atleast Rey is pretty cool and his minions look surprisingly badass.

I think she is actually holding a red sword like Willa, the hilt is just hidden behind her head.

no, see, Nick have drawing artwork of Rose were it's shown she can alter her arms into blades.

Well that's true but then it goes this question Rose is pretty durable but how smart is it really to try and counter a real sword with her arm?

also some old stuff has shown her using a sword

No wait, that's her arm, derp

i don't think it would be to counter a sword, when one think about it, Rose would actually be a pritty dangerous foe given her abilities, she don't need to parry with her limbs but simply dodge attacks and then stab her foes with her blade arms.

Willa have skills but Rose with her Shadow abilities and her knowledge of fighting that she gained from Willa's memories, it's possible that she would easly defeat Willa.

Purely based on physical abilities and skills she should be better than Willa. On the other hand she may have some psychological problems stemming from her learning that she is a "false" Willa. So it could go either way, even without considering possible twists in the story up until that fight, if it happens at all since covers are not always 100% correct about events in the comic.

i actually did not speak about the cover, just bringing up info that in a fight, Rose would be a far more dangerous foe than Willa.