So we all agree she was the most annoying aspect of an otherwise entertaining film right?

So we all agree she was the most annoying aspect of an otherwise entertaining film right?

no

>Ugh straight white male amirite

No. I enjoyed her bits the most out of the supporting cast to be honest.

The only thing we can agree on is that ur a fag, op

She has a boy face. Also I can't tell if her inclusion was Sony's idea or Marvel's.

I find it super weird how much Sup Forums threads focus on this character who had maybe a dozen lines.
She wasn't even the movie love interest.

most annoying part of the movie was Peter having a fuckload of different webshooter options. it takes him away from his simple powerset and his creative uses for it

She was fine, she wasn't even present enough to be annoying.

Ethnically-ambiguous Flash Thompson and Ned, on the other hand...

That's not how you spell Flash Ravioli

This. I found Ned and his constant screams of "AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME" got more annoying than anything.

Disney, she literally comes from Disney channel

wow a Sup Forums ghoul bitching about a person of color in a superhero movie. What a shocker!

Is she from some shitty sitcom?

She's like Rihanna. Neotenous enough to come off as androgynous. But she does have a flat and lanky body

yep

God, I hate Disney Channel.

She was perfectly fine, only thing trash about her is the whole "MJ" shit.

She was fine, everyone else but the Teacher and her was terrible

That's not Ned. Or Flash. Or Happy.

No, she was a cute.

Why do i like girls that look like they've been through some shit? That messy hair look just drives me insane

Actually she is from two

Happy was definitely the most annoying, Heck the whole movie would have been avoided if he answered a text or said something like "Good Job Kid we got the FBI on it." Though the same could be said for Tony

Why does she look so fucking different in all three pictures? It's not even a case of aging or anything, it's like there are three different women there.

I liked the line about the Washington monument and the guard confirming it.

i was hoping for a web parachute, mabey in the next one

There was no need for Ned really
Peter should've been the one to hack the suit and Karen could've had Neds roll of "someone to give backstory to"

She was barely in the movie, so no.

Go actually watch the movie instead of reposting the same 1-2 screenshots of this bitch.

>Why does she look so fucking different in all three pictures?

Primarily hair & makeup.

Except that it's factually incorrect. The only link to slavery during the construction of the monument was the mining of the stones.

The guard didn't confirm it as such, he gave the "kinda" answer

That's probably why the guard gave the "sort of" hand signal.

why does this chick look so dirty

It called "Makeup and Design artists"

And you missed the joke where the guard gave a "Kinda" hand gesture.

Cry more about your revisionist takeover fantasy.

>Also I can't tell if her inclusion was Sony's idea or Marvel's.

And the fact that that matters is everything wrong with Sup Forums and its discussion of capeshit movies.

Because she's supposed to be an unkempt "artsy" girl, compared to the stylish Liz.

The most annoying aspect of an otherwise entertaining film is people like you who feel the need to complain about bullshit over anything that might ACTUALLY be wrong with it.

At least Rihanna has good tits.

did they make her look ugly in the film on purpose or something?

nawwwww

I thought she was pretty charming, actually. I'm just glad they didn't lay it on real thick by having Peter "notice" her romantically just yet.

her character is supposedly to be a friendless, sarcastic loser so they left her with plain makeup. Anything glamorous would've been really out of place.

Ah ok, was honestly curious since every film screen I've seen of her has looked bland

She was the most pointless aspect of the movie.

She was not even set up as a romantic option.She was just there saying activism 101 things and that's it.

Zendaya is perflat.

She reminded me of a black version of Darlene from Roseanne.

Liz was terrible, but the whole relationship sucked anyway.

I liked her character as well.

Oooh is that why he gave a kind of signal.

I assumed the director just misused the gesture for some reason.

This is the first diversity shit show in the MCU. Black person, asian person, black MJ. SJW Marvel starts to intrude into the MCU. I bet after the second Infinity War movie the entire line will be revamped with Riri, Femthor, Chink-Hulk and Captain Negromerica. The end is nigh!

>Black person, asian person, black MJ.

Queens is a multi-ethnic melting pot and not as white as a 1950s sitcom? Stop the presses!

Also she is younger on the third. and she was supposed to not use make-up on the movie, I guess. Will we get an extreme makeover for the next movie? Stay tuned!

I want her to stalk me

>white boy wins in the end
>asian is the fat, nerdy loser
>brown girls both cast as love interest who want the white boy's dick
>brown guy cast as Flash who's supposed to be a big alpha jock who shoves Peter around all the time, but all he does is touch Peter's butt

Not as social justice as you might think.

This. She added nothing to the movie.

I like her look in the film than her glamour look you usually see in the press pics

Peter should have been black.

They make it pretty obvious that she's into Peter.

This.

As a northeastern Asian myself I really hated seeing a fat, dark-skinned southeastern Asian somehow supposed to "represent" my kind.

>Implying my issue with her is her skin tone and not her annoying personality
>Calling me a ghoul
Well you're just overflowing with resentment aren't you, sweetie?

No, but she was the weakest thing in the film by far. Cut her out, and the plot doesn't change at all. Shes just, there. Hard to say what will become of her, audiences weren't buying the "MJ" thing so her chances of being Peters next love interest have gone down

>Hurr she was so pointless

IF you haven't surmised by now that the only reason they put her in the film was so you could see her being all weird and conventionally unattractive so they could inevitably introduce her post-makeover in the sequel after Peter leaves high school

She was funny. Especially her Hannibal Buress caricature.

There wasn't a lot of people watching with me because it was late but most of her scenes didn't get many laughs from the audience.

Worst of all was the detention scene. No one laughed with that one and there was an awkward silence during it. Hopefully the i prove her character for the next movie.

>So we all agree she was the most annoying aspect of an otherwise entertaining film right?

She would have had to have done anything or had any impact on the film in order to have been annoying. She's basically a non-entity.

We all know user, its just that it was rather forced and the "she'll be better in the sequel" doesnt magically make her any more relevant nor interesting in this film. Shes not a terrible character, just a completely irrelevant one. Though truth be told, its very apparent her presence was something more in an earlier cut of the film. I suppose they cut most of her scenes after people freaked at the possibility of her playing Mary Jane. The entire MJ stinger reeks of testing the waters on "Can we still use her guys? No? Alright".

>my friends call me MJ

Oh please no. God no. FUCK no.

She especially, you can also h8 the Designated Flash, all the others are ok

>audiences weren't buying the "MJ" thing
do you have a source for this that is not Sup Forums screenshots, because everyone in the theater I went to loved it

ofc

From what I saw on social media commenting on official movie news/posts, a good number of people wanted Mary Jane, be they comic fans or fans of Raimis trilogy, I cant say. Also some of the most clickbait SJW sites still werent happy considering she wasnt really playing Mary Jane and felt like a cop out or whatever. Although I cant say for certain, this is just from what Ive seen online outside of Sup Forums.

Don't forget
>black guys in the movie are criminals

This.

Original MJ: red-head, smoking hot, model, a bit flaky.

Nu MJ: unattractive black, science-nerd, SJW.

At this point, why even name her MJ. Just make her a completely new character. This is just the whole deconstructivist bullshit that is fucking everything up these days.

Are you retarded? In the case of this was 5 years ago. But for the others its obvious that makeup had a part. They deliberately made her ugly in the movie

She doesn't have enough scenes to be annoying

I was more bothered by Gankned's autism

>I assumed the director just misused the gesture for some reason
I didn't think Sup Forums was this stupid/autistic

I actually enjoyed her and Ned, despite my strong misgivings. The SJW comment from her was kinda annoying and hamfisted.

>OP triggered by black feminist who appears in about 5 scenes total.

BASED MCU WORKING THE SMARKS

She was pretty entertaining and accurate as a outcast character who says smart ass shit all the time.

Not
>aunt May finding out Peter is Spider-Man
>iron man being a key piece to the movie
>too many scenes of him as Spider-Man doing Bullshit instead of really helping
Also that scene where the random guy tells Spidey to do a flip. Literally what was the purpose? I thought the guy was going to make fun of him or something. Also the dude's voice angered me for some illogical reason

Yeah, it's not like the Spiderverse has any character like that.

Except, you know, Spider-Man himself.

She already is a entirely separate character (even the name is different; Michelle not Mary). The MJ thing was probably a test to see if they could just replace Mary with Michelle.

The point is why give her the same name, if not to replace the original MJ with the new one. If in the new Thor movie a character named Beta Ray Bill shows up and she is an aging Chinese woman that can shoot lightning out of her eyes, people are going to be confused.

The only reason to give a completely new character the same name as an old one is to replace it. And of course, this begs the question, why did original MJ need replaced?

The answer seems rather transparent.

By the way, the same rationale can be applied to Flash.

Its Sony trying to figure out what they can get away with, the MJ remark is them gauging audience reactions

>made her ugly
I mean, they tried to. I'm amazed that "attractive woman who isn't made up" counts as ugly to so many people.
I'm not one to go "sheeple" but Jesus Christ how dumb are people that they actually think makeup, clothes and fake-looking hair are the attractives part of a woman?

"It's a prank, bro"
-Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal

I don't get why they even kept Flash's name the same at all. He's nothing like Flash, and not just because he's a brown nerd.

Except that That's not even what she looks like without makeup. I agree with all your other /r9k/ opinions but they made definitely made her look extra homely

Tbh I feel like I'm the only one who found her really fucking attractive in this movie.

That was kind of the point, though. Peter stops using all those mode (except for the taser webs) and is more confortable using his normal webs in creative ways

I'd agree with you if I didn't knowwhat she looked like before

Actors wear makeup even when they're supposed to look like they're not wearing any.
Also I imagine you're referring to paparazzi shots, which are usually unflatering for everyone, they're not just without makeup, they usually only publish the worst ones because theat's what people want to see.

Also /r9k/ likes girls?

I thought she was funny.

To me, the annoying bit was how every character was constantly going "WOW AWESOME" whenever Spidey did something or pulled out a new gadget.

I know it's awesome. Stop telling me how to feel.

Is that Raven's friend?

>duckface
>stupid pose
>le iconic angle
>hoop earings
>fake straight hair Michelle Obama haircut
Nah. Michelle>Zendaya.

she has pretty nice bone structure desu

Even that pic looks better than her look in the movie. I don't understand why they gave matted hair, like she never showered

I lost track, how many separate MCU Spiderman continuities are there now?

You like homeless girls. I get it