Art within the book looks nothing like the cover. In fact its a completely different art style

>Art within the book looks nothing like the cover. In fact its a completely different art style.

Hate this, hopefully, it's not as common as in Japanese stuff.

??? Every manga artist I ever read from drew the covers themselves.

you're mad because you didn't bother to open the book before you bought it? or you're just mad on behalf of the people who do that? or what?

What if it an alt cover by a guest artist?

Just a bother to do it at all. It's not that hard for the interior artist to draw a bigger picture for a cover. Also that picture looks like Stephen King.

I don't mind guest artist covers. That's actually cool.

>Batman makes a Robin out of Sgt. Rock

I don't get the issue.
I mean covers have hardly been the best measure of the content of anything inside ("can't judge a book by its cover").

And you could call it a skill/drive, but I'd prefer the covers being done by a different artist if it means the comic artist can focus on inner pages and won't be delayed.

You deserved to be tricked if you're such a sucker.

They do it on purpose when the story artist is shit. Either to bait and switch a purchase, or because the cover artist's work is so hot people are willing to buy a shit book just to have said art in their collection.

Comic Book stores put the books in dust sleeves, and don't let you open them.

that's either a shitty LCS, a shitty town, or both.

Cover art is usually higher quality if they get a guy just working on covers

You put that same artist to work on pages and the quality degrades as he tries to keep up on deadlines, and obviously you also lose time and effort into the cover art if you try to use the same guy on both

If you like good art in any capacity, you should quit crying about this. Shit takes time

Most I've been to don't, and I live in a super humid part of the country so keeping them protected from the elements makes most sense.

Florida?

>A bother
>Just draw a bigger picture

are you a literal retard? like an actual retarded person?

Just started reading comics this year?

Honestly I just wanted to make a thead about comic art in general not just the cover thing. I was just using that to get the conversation started.

>Beautifully coloured covered
>Black and white interior
Why do nips have such an autistic aversion to hiring colourists?

So what do you actually want to talk about user? what really blanches those almonds besides this cuh-ray-zee bait and switch fuckery thats been going on for 75 years? I don't like when covers show things that don't actually happen. It really grinds my organ.

Pic related: this fucking lying piece of shit cover, we're both still here Barry

>anthology magazine
>none of the stories are drawn by the cover artist

That was standard practice in the silver age. There's even a whole website dedicated to these kind of covers. Superdickery or something like that.
I actually prefer black and white.

What's more tolerable Sup Forums? A shitty story with good art, or a decent story with shitty art?

As an artist that wish's there was say, higher production and quality for 2d animation.

A decent story with shitty art.

I can ignore most bad art. Bad writing grates on my mind

>when ya feed sis ya choco-shite