What does Sup Forums think of Drawn Together?

What does Sup Forums think of Drawn Together?

post as many gifs and webms as possible for the show please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w2f6tgnZ1EI
youtube.com/watch?v=134HzozSW1Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I liked it. I think the show had way too many Captain Hero episodes though

youtu.be/w2f6tgnZ1EI

The definition of "trying too hard"

It's funny and underrated.

Agree.

There's plenty of material to work with from the premise alone, but they had to throw in stuff like "the Disney ripoff princess is a comical racist and has an octopussy."

>Too few Captain Hero episodes
FTFY

what do you expected putting eight mentally ill persons on a house?

>Nice musky backhair expanse
>Can easily smell her pits and juicy ass
>if she ever turns over, you could enjoy milk and old pussy
God I wish I was one of those mouse

>I wanted Drawn Together was some shit like Friends with deep characterization and drama for uncanonical stories taking place on a goddamn reality show.

>I've missed you like a retard miss the point
>What do you mean?

I thought the movie was try hard, but I enjoyed the series

It was funny the first season. Then it quickly became too tryhard and grating on the nerves. Also, it was trying to be like Ren and Stimpy mixed in with crack, Spongebob, Family Guy, and South park.

It was cute at first but the humor didn't age well. It's too mid 2000s edgelord tier

It's edgy as fuck, but the jokes land more than they miss, so it's a good show.
>Wait a second, I just remembered i'm a butt guy
>NOOOOOOOOO

It was a bit tryhard at times, but the visual gags were toptier. Really used the cartoon premise nicely

Like a lot of people in this thread: I liked it but not every episode was good. I'm watching the Ghost Stories dub now and the dialogue reminds me of Drawn Together a lot.

>"Curse you Scroto!"

Season 1 was boring as fucks, Sup Forums has really shit tastes.

Drawn Together is great. It's really good at stupid humor. The edgy jokes are hit and miss but a lot of its stupid jokes just slay me.

I gotta draw something with Toot, I've never liked how I've drawn her.

Season 1 was shit, except for the episode where Clara's retarded cousin visits

This show should be the bare minimum standard for animation quality of comedies.

>I've never liked how I've drawn her.

You mean without much clothes on?

This will always be my favorite scene
youtube.com/watch?v=134HzozSW1Q

It was actually really funny and worked pretty well
I would say every other show (except for a few) tries too hard, drawn together made me laugh more than South Park ever did
Mostly because I can't stand how they drag the same joke so much it loses the effect, when the joke isn't that good it's a real pain in the ass to see them make it 4 times

First season is really hit or miss. Second and third seasons, as far as I recall, had no bad episodes. I appreciate it for not pulling punches at least and having some pretty gutsy humour.

>not pulling punches at least and having some pretty gutsy humour
Honestly, I had the opposite reaction. The show felt obsessed with how subversive it supposedly was, like a kid discovering profanity for the first time. "HOLY SHIT, LOOK HOW EDGY WE ARE! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!?"

But, I'll admit, I tapped out long before it ended.

I remember once tuning into CC late at night and catching a rerun of an episode that had just aired of Legends. It was surprised that it was uncensored, but not that surprised because CC would air roasts and the like uncensored after midnight. But, then Drawn Together came on after it and it was uncensored to the point where they were showing nudity. Why can't [as] do that?

>Repent? But we just pented!
>SIR! You're a fucking idiot. SIR!
>Don't buy a gun, don't buy a gun, I'm a homo, don't buy a gun.

I think that for as bad as it got with stuff like being too edgy (Captain hero being a necrophiliac, Toots disgusting body, all the Jew jokes), it could at least back up the juvenile humour with clever wordplay and interesting plots. Whereas a modern 'comedy' like Mr. Pickles that is also edgy as fuck is completely unfunny and has nothing to offer aside from how base and disgusting it is at face value.

>That episode where Clara and Spanky Ham fall in love and poop on a pizza

>Activate hero shield!
"
>This whole test is racially biased! "
>"Question one: "What SPF lotion would you use if your were going down to the polo grounds, fellow Klan member?"

>" Don't make me kick your ass! "
>"Don't make me suck your dick! "

Captain Hero is a national treasure.

>that episode where Captain Hero and Wooldoor became a crime fighting duo and Wooldoor shat on a glass table while Captain Hero watched underneath it.

>drawn together made me laugh more than South Park ever did
That speaks more for your shit taste in humor than anything really.
>Mostly because I can't stand how they drag the same joke so much it loses the effect
That was the bulk of DT humor and it waz never funny.

>waz

Blee bloo blah blah. No one cares.
It didn't make my asshole itch for one

Is it because she's hot and has nice big tits? Because Captain Hero's ex-girlfriend was hot and had tits like Power Girl.

It's a good show but unlike South Park (which they ragged on hard in the movie) which doesn't necessarily have a point all the time but just plain does their humor better and more extreme, this show really did try too hard towards the end instead of just doing what was funny for the episode (The whole movie is a testament to this).

The movie ruined it for me and I couldn't watch the series for a little bit after that. But i enjoy it when there's nothing else to watch and I see it on hulu.
Also how DEFENSIVE this show's runners were was annoying. Not only do they have the movie but they have another episode where someone's leaving bad reviews of the show and they end up going "MAYBE you're not our target audience, ever think of that?"

but the movie comes out and they're bigger crybabies because they got cancelled.
Thing is if this show came out today instead I think it would've been better. They wouldn't have had to try so hard and could've just done what came natural for the scene.

>does their humor better and more extreme,

The voice cast is something else:

Wakko as Cap Hero

Johnny Test as Woldor

Numbuh Five as Foxxy

We get to hear some of our childhood curse

I agree. The first two eps were exactly like that and it was the main reason why they were the worse two episodes in its four year run.

I mean Toot being evil just because no one finds her attractive is a premise way more curler than the walking or in this case wobbling fat joke simulator she became later on. Also someone who's cuntish like Clara shouldn't been seen as sympathetic and naive like she was portrayed in the start of the series. Besides if the show did have depth and development you wouldn't have heard any of her funny racist jokes, would we now?

I'm so glad the show become gag based during the third episode.

I fucking LOVE this show.

I was just starting high school when I watched this series. It had been years since I watched it again.

>this is probably the first LGBT cartoon, except tumblr won't admit it because all of the other shit around it.
>for as much try-hard shit there is, a lot of the jokes and stories are extremely memorable (Scroto, the Lemon AIDS Walk, "video games ARE the future", Tim Tommerson)
>the characters ended up being so much more then the first episode would have you believe.

except fuck the movie, that was straight up awful

highly underrated

I really can't hate that EW episode. As petty and butthurt it was, it had some really hilarious jokes in it. Not too mention the b-plot did save the episode.

>like a homosexual with amnesia, we come out every week

I did this for you popeye!

who the hell is that asshole[\spoiler]

Honestly the best part of the show.
Really adds to how cartoony it is (and should be).

I wonder if Popeyes from the DT universe ever banged Toot back in the day of black and white cartoons?

>buying a firearm is harder than the jew-run media would like you to believe

>Second and third seasons, as far as I recall, had no bad episodes.

A Tale of Two Cows would beg to differ

It was funny and I liked it.

The movie on the other hand

Tbh, I don't really think it's underrated. It's funny, but it's not like it's some amazing piece of art.

It's a god awful show in every way but the people who have flooded this board from Sup Forums seem to love it.

>Im gonna have more arms that the wackiest god of India!

I want to fuck Foxy.

I'm very shy, so while I get undressed while don't you all be like the genocide in Sudan and turn yo heads

>forgot
> timmy as Clara/Toot

So I'm rewatching this show now and it has to be the most offensive thing to ever go on tv

>stop black kids from graduating by making the new standardized pencil grape and menthol flavoured

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

>How old are you, Strawberry Sweetcake? 8?
>More like 18, silly-willy! I just taste 8.

Best show.

>A Tale of Two Cows
That's the best episode.

Who the hell is that asshole?

OH MUH GAWD, HE'S GOT A PUERTO RICAN CREDIT CARD!

>Porky and Ling Ling at the DMV subplot

Everything in this was great

OH MY GOD! ITS THE DEADLIEST CREATURE OF THEM ALL!

A LIVE ACTION SQUIRREL WITH BIG BALLS!

Gave me a hearty chuckle

I'm in a weird spot where I love the humor and wackiness of later episodes but miss the reality-show aspect of the first season as a framing device. I feel like they could've kept everything in later episodes wholesale while keeping the reality show stuff prominent.

The movie had only one legitimately funny joke, the scene between the Jew producer and his neighbor.

YOU'RE A FUCKING DICK, EDDY.

I feel you user

>Black people would eventually get their revenge on everyone with the invention of the DMV

DONT ANY OF YOU SCHWOOGIES HAVE JOBS?

>that scene where the serial commercial brother and sister kids start making out

>>This whole test is racially biased! "
>>"Question one: "What SPF lotion would you use if your were going down to the polo grounds, fellow Klan member?"
>oh that's easy, you don't need to use sunscreen when you're wearing your hood!

>And there's no way to fight back! It clearly has no vulnerable areas on its whole body!

Them ain't yo funyuns! Them FOXY funyuns!

i'm so telling mom

that's the point lol.
my favorite part of the entire series is actually in the rather lackluster movie, where Suck My Taint girl says some stuff to them about cleaning up their show and having focus, and then she looks over at them...
Wooldoor fucking Toot with hairy ballsack/asscrack flapping, Spanky shitting on gimp suit Lingling, Foxy stabbing Xander in the gut, and Captain Hero pissing into the chest cavity of a mutilated corpse
and they all stop and Spanky says "What? Oh sorry, we got distracted."
it wasnt constantly trying to shove it's edginess down your throat, but when it went for it, they went balls to the fucking wall

Xandir: You used to care about me... about us.
Captain: What? When?
Xandir: You used to tell me I was pretty.
Captain: No, I didn't.
Xandir: You used to dress up for me!
Captain: Just that one time...

>close up of balls

Loads of people like that episode due to the "fanservice" from Toot.

Honestly I've at least jacked off to that Ep over a 100 times now

>eugh, thank god I'm in the other plot

So is Family Guy but the difference is that Drawn Together is meant to be disgusting without any real morals unlike Family Guy that tries hard to be moral but always become anti climatic when they pull out their "jokes".

>AINTCHOO NEVAH HEARD OF THE EMANCIPOSSUM LOCOMOTION?

I really liked it. I'm surprised a lot of people here likes this cartoon.

Xandir's gay jokes were kinda repetitive.

cereal*
',:^)

Had a couple of ok to decent episodes but overall horrible and aged like cottage cheese in the Arizona sun.

Little re-watchability, or watchability at all. Anyone reading this thread who hasn't watched it I'll tell you this: just watch a few clips, not the whole thing.

For me it's definitely less of a fun watch overall, but the highs are still highs.

>Family Guy
>tries to be moral

The problem with both shows is that they stopped being funny (in DT case never really was) and have creators who come off as whinny bitches whenever people point out that they spend more time trying to shock people than actually being funny. For as awful that movie was the fanbase seems to like quoting its backwards message that comedy doesn't need a point to be funny.

>[In the later seasons] the show felt obsessed with how subversive it supposedly was, like a kid discovering profanity for the first time. "HOLY SHIT, LOOK HOW EDGY WE ARE! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!?"

In short, it was Sup Forums.

No wonder a large faction here seems to want more of those seasons and specifically more of Hero, who as the show evolved basically existed to take over eps and mock/troll viewers who wanted anything else.

Unrecognizably ugly Popeye

>The problem with both shows is that they stopped being funny (in DT case never really was) and have creators who come off as whinny bitches whenever people point out that they spend more time trying to shock people than actually being funny.

You're absolutely right.

But unfortunately, one man's whiny bitch is another one's edgelord hero.

There are a lot of people like this. Real-life Cartmans, obsessed with shocking others for its own sake, getting to the point of just being an asshole, and without the common sense to get when it's not funny anymore.

People like this tend to have just enough fans to keep doing whatever they're doing—but, unfortunately, that's enough to keep doing whatever they're doing.

>Thanks for the clean balls!

Finally I get to post this

Family Guy (post season 3 or so) spends half it's time making the characters irredeemable pricks, and then the other half forcing drama which completely falls flat because the characters are, as previously mentioned, irredeemable trash who I have no reason to like, combined with the fact that they'll do much worse to each other tomorrow and it'll be played for laughs.

Also every single unnamed cutaway sequence talks like they're in a fucking advert.

Drawn Together doesn't try to force drama at all and just makes them a bunch of assholes which works much better, whenever any drama does come up it's completely played for laughs, while FG tries to play it straight. DT also has VERY snappy writing and visual gags, people who just write it off as pure shock humour are retarded. It really used the cartoon medium properly.

I found quite a bit of the Israel jokes funny, but I'm not invested in either side of the political discussion about Israel. The movie was pretty bad though, definitely the low point.

>His name is Scroto?
>Yes.
>So that's what your arch-nemesis does?
>Yep
>No bank robberies?
>Uh-uh.
>Or blowing up the planet?
>Nope.
>He just tricks superheroes into washing his balls?
>Not all superheroes. Just me... just me.

best cereal brand ever.