Want to tell a story about Jack trapped in a post-Aku future, being pursued by cultists who will do anything to kill him

>Want to tell a story about Jack trapped in a post-Aku future, being pursued by cultists who will do anything to kill him

>Also want to tell a story about Jack trapped in a future with Aku, who will inevitably destroy Jack should he realize the sword is lost
>Instead do both at the same time, flipping at random, and pushing hard against gritty mature content in favor of a dopey, substanceless Cartoon Network regressive tone

>Reduce the main villain to a goofball and have nothing threatening or imposing for him to do, and lose in the end over what is essentially OOPS I DROPPED THE TIME PORTAL

How do you mess up this hard

I think they knew no one would replace Mako so they reduced Aku's relevance to the plot.

>muh three episodes
this is false
it stopped being good after two

You could argue that, but Episode three is the third act in a three act structure. It's the fitting resolution to everything Two set up

First episode was crap too. Just a formulaic "walk around and talk about pseudo-deep shit" and then a battle against Reddit Robot with a lame conclusion.

It's fascinated watching Sup Forums turn into a nest of contrarians in realtime.

Just stop

but its true, s5 of samurai jack is good only if you literally turn off your brain.

I fully agree with this. Episode 3 lost the ball a bit, the sisters were total jobbers
>wreck Jack's shit in episode 2
>somehow, after losing an ungodly amount of blood and nearly dying from fever Jack is able to kick all of their asses with just a spear

What a pile of shit

Right? There were literally threads saying stuff like "when will Sup Forums turn on season 5?"

>Sup Forums expresses actual issues with season 5
>"MUH CONTRAIANS"

Season 5 had critical issues which stopped it from feeling like a satisfying conclusion after the pervioud 4 seasons.

Do you really thing people bitching about Ashi or Aku is because "Oh she is a love intrest" or "Oh he has a different voice actor", It goes deeper.

I dont feel like season 5 was shit, but it wasn't as good as the others.

You blind, user?
>first three eps considered 11/10 KINO all the way through the end of the season
>now we get faggots flip-flopping and saying first 3 eps were just as shit as the rest

So what? You got sand up your ass now that anons are saying they dont like the first three episodes?

I thought first three episodes where pretty fantastic too but its not hard to understand peoples dissapointment with them.

1st episode had time given to the daughters of aku which could be seen as time wasting for thoses who thought they should of been written out of the plot, to give nearly 1/3 of the episode to a gang of 6 girls who would get slaughtered with no mention of them again outside of Mary Sue Ashi is good enough reason to not like the episode.

People are allowed to change there judgement.

Also fuck the Kino meme.

>to give nearly 1/3 of the episode to a gang of 6 girls who would get slaughtered with no mention of them again outside of Mary Sue Ashi is good enough reason to not like the episode.
It was given to Ashi. The others were merely accessories to her background story. In that respect it was obvious and necessary, and in fact they should've given it more time for all the significance Ashi is supposed to have on the overall plot

>Reduce the main villain to a goofball
I think you need to rewatch the first 4 seasons user

Ep 4 was better than 3. Fight me

Colors were awesome but the rest was merely decent.

Literally everyone not retarded was shitting on Ashi since episode 4, only faggots were saying that it was an exaggeration to claim the season was going to be bad, but look at what happened.

It ruined every single bit of smart writing season 5 had until that point by turning Jack magically back to his old self and by making him feel guilty about killing the sisters. It was pretty but shit nonetheless.

>by turning Jack magically back to his old self
Healing doggo did that.
Really, does everyone just completely forget half of ep 3 was devoted to getting Jack back to his old self? Do people even remember healing doggo existed?

Also
>surprised an already mentally unstable man who's never killed before is shaken by killing six in quick succession

>Jack is trying not to kill them
>Jack is fine with killing them
>why does he fight better?

>returning to his past self
How? Episode 3 was about Jack understanding that he must kill in order to survive, nothing else. He doesn't even want to face Aku until episode 6, he was still an emo by episode 3 but for some reason at episode 4 it's the same Jack that we saw in the original 3 seasons.

It had nothing to do with him avoiding trying to kill them in the first encounter.

Retard. He was caught OFF GUARD in their first encounter and had no way to get any ground to turn the tide in his favor. After recovering (and incidentally accepting the burden of killing more humans), he was able to fight them to his full extent because he was expecting them.

Episode 3 was about jack healing both physical and emotional wounds. It was about him seeing a reflection of what he'd become and comig to terms with himself. "the choices you make" etc speech was as much about him, more even, then it was about the daughters. It wouldn't make sense for him to go back to an emo wreck. It was supposed to be progress on his riad to coping. The fact he was still plagued by hallucinations/doubt showed it wasnt complete, but his attempts to behave more like his old self showed he was trying.

He was perfectly willing to kill them in round 1 because he didnt think they were real people. He was just completely off his game because he was too busy being an emo sadsack and feeling sorry for himself.

Well that's bad writing, they weren't "attempts" they were a 180° character turn, Jack pretty much acted normal with Ashi for the sake of the shitty romance (that wasn't even good either) and then Genndy remembered this character it's supposed to be 70+ years old every once in a while.

>DUDE WITHOUT AKU I NEVER EXISTED LMAO

People actually defend this shit writing.

The romance was trash, you'll get no argument from me. But the timeskip was trash too. Nothing was gained from making him an emo 70 year old.

And he almost died from his self pitying shit; it was a wake up call reminding him he actually does want to live. He's allowed to have drastic character shift after nearing death, especially if it's just a shift back to a more stable version of himself. There was a alot of bad writing that season but that bit wasn't part of it.

I don't know why 50 years anyway, it's such a stupid decision, the only way anyone could tell that S5 is 50 years is into the future it's because they outright tell you, everything else it's the exact same, you could even get away with saying it's been 3 years and it would work all the same. They even refused to commit to the Scotsman being old just hit a reset button to make him look like his old self.

They needed at least 20ish years to enable ashi's backstory and make the romance not pedo.

Really most of season's issues are Ashi's fault.

I'm just gonna drop this here

>Bring back a series thats been dead for 13 years for only 10 episodes
>Dedicate 7 episodes to some baboon faced, literally who character that should have died in Ep 3
>Reduce all of Jacks internal conflict to a cringy forced romance in the end
>Blatantly rip off an anime ending for the finale

Fuck, Jack dying after falling off the branch in Ep 3, would have made a more satisfying conclusion than what we got.

I have

Aku only does funny shit because he has to come down to Jack's level, otherwise Jack'll get him with the sword. But he doesn't sit around and crack jokes to the point where he's ineffective as a villain. It's like having a godzilla movie where he just shoves trees down other monster's throats but then doesn't fuck up the city or put anyone in danger "well the old Godzilla was always this corny!" It's beside the point.

>Reddit Robot
>any form of humour = reddit

>Have the first two episodes with Jack in sweet ass armor and a shit load weapons, leading to more dynamic fight scenes.

>After losing the weapons in the second episode, he starts to make do with whatever he can find, despite the loss, the fights still remain engaging with a new element of "what will he use next?"

>Decides to get his sword back

>They just fucking bring back his old design instead of bringing back the armor and weapons. Or even a mix between the two.

>No awesome katana + firearms combat

GEEEEENNNNDYYYYYY