What cartoons aged like milk?

What cartoons aged like milk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jx6nYP_eDDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just about every kid's show from the early '90s and pretty much every CG cartoon made.

Tiny Toons in particular aged badly.

>pretty much every CG cartoon made.
beast wars says; eat my balls

TF:Prime is still timeless, although it's only 4 years old
graphics-wise, it looks like a low-budget psx game

or maybe it's just fanbase who aged like milk, craving gloomy berserk themed darker Jacky

Milk? Hell it aged like water puddle in Arizona during the heat of the summer.

>beast wars says; eat my balls

The writing and voice acting are still great but the show itself looks awful.

>graphics-wise, it looks like a low-budget psx game
It works for it, in my opinion. Same with Shadow Raiders.

AT didnt age like milk, it was of it's time. It just happens that it's time was during the transitional period in the network's identity and it got a bad wrap for being "cartoon network's spongebob" and then later on "animated degrassi with weird shit".

Pic not related?

did you guys forget about all the really cringey parts of early seasons?
adding onto that, the animations were never all that good & the character designs have usually been pretty garbage

not even getting into the pseudo deep philosophy shit they've been pushing or finn's cuck arc

When Fanboy and Chum Chum came out, it had already been expired for 5 years.

Early CGI cartoons.

>really cringey parts of early seasons
Yes and it was partially deliberate for the purpose of showing how absurd a place Ooo is. Later seasons are lacking some of the forced randomness in order to have more concrete stories or continuity.

This. Almost only because the last two episodes burned me so hard. I had to take back the recommendation I gave my brother.

God dammit. And we were doing so well.

>really cringey parts of early seasons
Early seasons were nearly always charming and fun, and the animation and facial expressions were good enough. I agree the art style has always been crap, but early AT was good.

I hope we haven't gotten to the point where people are acting like the show was always shit.

I had a hard time trying to watch Justice League nowadays.

>I hope we haven't gotten to the point where people are acting like the show was always shit.
Where do you think you are?

I would like to remind you guys that in the pilot, Jake downloaded a joke off of the internet by connecting to it with his mind.

The series was intended to be pure nonsense from the start.

They kind of failed at that.

>AT didnt age like milk, it was of it's time

In other words, it aged like milk

I don't understand this show. I loved it some years ago, but as I grew older I started hating it

I don't get what it's trying to be

There's wacky randumb adventures but then occasionally it jams suddenly serious plot or melodrama down my fucking throat
Sometimes any 'serious' mood is disrupted by a dumb joke or the stupid future-language everyone speaks in

Finn's relationship shit is fucking tumorous and I don't understand why they had to have that in there, like with Regular Show

At least in Regular Show the episodes were generally still enjoyable outside of the shitty love triangle crap

It's bizarre to the point of being repulsive, almost.

The show wasn't as wacky palacky as the pilot, they tried to bring a lot more order and logic into it while still letting things be silly and fun. That was like the point of all the deepest lore and shit, explaining where all the silly random shit sprang from.

This is the most "2001" movie I can think of.
It's got Aaron Carter songs for gods sake.

Just skip to season 2 or Unlimited.
S1 has a hard time finding it's way, but aside from all the batwank and depowering JL is still really enjoyable
In my opinion anyways

WE'RE THE KIDS IN AMERICA WHOA OH
WE'RE THE KIDS IN AMERICA WHOA OH

"My clothes don't match, my clothes don't match! I'm in public and my clothes don't match!"

"This isn't rocket science, Carl...on second thought, it is rocket science! Go ahead!"

"You look good sunny side up, sir"

>At least in Regular Show the episodes were generally still enjoyable outside of the shitty love triangle crap
Yes I also enjoy Muscle Man show

You're saying that every show ages like milk then

Pic unrelated? Nothing in AT feels off its era because it doesn't really have the tropes associated with 00s cartoons in fact it paved the way for everything in this decade.

What those your shitty opinion have to do with anything?

Regular Show is the same fucking thing every single episode. I stopped watching years ago because of how formulaic it was. At least Adventure Time has kept it interesting and fresh; the episode variety is great. Also, Finn's relationship drama is greatly exaggerated. It hasn't really been a thing for over 3 years now.

"Nobody eats my parents unless I say so!"

People only started hating Muscle Man episodes when in season 4 or 5 CN aired the season out of order, So for 5 weeks the new episodes were all about Muscle Man and people got burned out on him.

It aged like shit.

Eh, Penguins are still pretty good even after 10 years or so.

Cartoons don't age badly they just get nostalgic.

>Muscle Man episodes when in season 4 or 5
Try 3 because that's essentially where it got stale and where the writing got lazy so if it wasn't a MM episode it was a romance one.

Anything from the 80's, really. Not that they were all that great to begin with. Most of them were just toy commercials.

the weekenders, honestly.

>The writing
>the fart episode

Not every show is part of a creative transitional period.

Courage the Cowardly Dog still holds up as a solid show. Early Spongebob. Powerpuff Girls. Daria. King of the Hill. Ed Edd n Eddy. Jackie Chan Adventures. All shows that are still very good and not just "good compared to whatever else was on".

I would list more but I'm sure the bigger the list, the more my chances of someone going, "No those all suck".

Not that one.
AT is a masterpiece, and I'm excited to get to show it to my grandkids someday.

Batman TAS
Literally every 80s show
Barney

Barney is the same episode every episode unless you meant horse show in which case fuck off.

The legend of korra. Holy shit the amount of plot holes and terrible writing is astronomical.

>Vatu, the manifestation of human hating spirit energy tells Won that he created the spirit portals to lead the spirits into the human world and upset the balance and destroy them
>this leads to humanity having to hide on the backs of lion turtles to survive
>Won and Raava work together to defeat and imprison him and then lead the spirits back over and close the portals
>Korra watches all of this and then decides TO OPEN THE FUCKING PORTALS AND FULFILL THE WILL OF THE VILLAIN
>later seasons show the spirit vines growing out of control and spirits interrupting the lives of humans
>no one blames korra and instead everyone is told to just deal with it
>bonus in that Korra is now the last avatar and once she's dead no one will be able to remedy this problem

She just completely and irreversibly fucked humanity over.

>Courage the Cowardly Dog
That show screams 90s with its multimedia cuts (CG, claymation, liveaction) and its surreal experimental style is straight out of MTVs cartoons.
>Powerpuff Girls
Very 90s
>Daria
You're joking right? Daria doesn't work in any era but the early 90s it can be respected for its writing but culturally it does not hold up eell
>KOTH
Was a jab at 80s to 90s conservative America
>Jackie Chan Adventures
Despie airing in the 00s it feels right at home with late 80s early 90s celebrity cartoon tie-ins with a defunct Saturday Morning cartoon-esque plot

So out if your list the only ones that are deemed timeless are EEnE and SB whuch to be fair the former takes place in the early 70s.

we could have an entire thread about tlok, in fact we often do
>show that metal benders can't bend pure metal
>red lotus bends mercury into korra
I mean even if you use some bullshit reasoning that they sprinkled dirt into the mix, it still doesn't explain how they bent the metal out of her, especially years later with Toph. If anything they should have used a waterbender to pull out the mercury.

Courage was so good with their use of 3D art to make the viewer feel unsettled.

everyone knew korra was shit at the time though

not only are there people who love that show, but Korra is annoying thought of as not only a well written character, but an amazing female lead too.

>>KOTH
>Was a jab at 80s to 90s conservative America
Dear user, welcome to the 2016-2024 conservative America :D...Yep (drink beer) Yep

Rocket Power, literally DUDE RADICOOL 90'S: the show

youtu.be/jx6nYP_eDDg
pretty self explanatory

Tito was the MAN

Profags detected

GO JIMMY JIMMY, THAT'S THE VOICE I HEAR INSIDE
EVERYBODY LETS BOUNCE, YEAH, COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE

These guys know whats up. AT may have changed over time but its still entertaining and doesn't stick to a formula each episode. The content of the episodes differ each time.

Cow and Chicken.

>The meme episode of Dick Figures is so old it was made when memes weren't run into the ground
>You're now aware of how old you are

If we're going the flash route, might as well throw in every Nintendo parody under the sun.

This was sour before it even released.

>when memes weren't run into the ground
>2011

>I don't get what it's trying to be

Yeah, I felt this right from the start -- shit's intangible as fuck.