Okay Sup Forums give me a hand here

Okay Sup Forums give me a hand here.
I really want to start getting into Marvel, how should i go about starting reading?
Should i be an absolute madman and start with fantastic 4 #1 onwards, or is there a reading guide that's just the escential?
I have been reading spider-man from the start, right now i'm in the 80's, reading venom's first apareance.
But something pisses me off, since i'm reading only spider-man i missed the arc where peter gets the alien-suit.
So will you help a newbie with a lot of time in his hands
Picture related: mfw trying to start this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/18865607172/marvel-comic-recommendations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one?

yah, alot of early Marvel is good to great across the board, even the horror and war and other alt genres, they really only started to suck during the early/mid 90s
just read bro, go for it

Alright i'll give it a go, i was confused because most people tell you to read from avengers disassemble, so that means is hould be reading from 2000's onward, and i feel like i'll be missing a lot of great stuff

it's kind of a sad story, but modern Marvel pretty much sucks, though there are a few gems among the wreckage
as far as references and continuity questions go, your best weapons are google and wiki
as for the black suit thing specifically, that's from Secret Wars, as good a place as any to start, it introduces you to the major characters, doesn't have alot of baggage, it was made as a marketing companion to their new line of toys and it's entertaining
after that I would recommend going backwards as far as you dare
shout outs to Tomb of Dracula, Steranko's Nick Fury, Marvel Team-Up, What if? and Claremont's X-men

>i missed the arc where peter gets the alien-suit.
Peter getting the suit is a throw away gag about a clothing printer. I read Secret War specifically for the suit intro and was let down. It's all retcon lore.

>zoinks

For actual helpful comments.

I did the continuity read of every ASM and Iron Man every single issue, but the fact is a lot of it is pointless.
Just ask for or google up some characters recommended readings and then try to fill in any gaps that had tie ins/crossovers you were interested in.

I'm currently reading X-men by looking at the covers and only reading the issues that seem interesting based on that.

I'm doing that with spider-man
I want to read iron man, x-men, doctor strange, and maybe the hulk.
Couldn't give a fuck about the fantastic 4

What the hell ever happened to the Annihilators? It felt like they were gonna be a thing and then they just weren't.

Editorial probably forgot when they started cooking up the next big event.

The last two issues of Civil War II were already plugging Secret Empire plot points ffs.

Find characters you like, search for "essential ____ stories" or "best ______ stories", and then read off those lists. Characters tend to have maybe one or two great runs, a handful of good runs, and then a bunch of mediocre (or worse) stuff so don't feel like you need to read every single little thing.

>Should i be an absolute madman and start with fantastic 4 #1 onwards
Considering Lee/Kirby FF is one of the all-time best Marvel runs, that's actually not a bad idea.

Don't currently have one saved for Hulk or Iron Man.

They got their shit kicked in by Thanos in Infinity Revelation and disbanded afterwards.

Some of you guys are okay, don't go to school tomorrow

>three (you)s
I keep these saved as motivation to work on the backlog of everything. Mostly I wind up shitposting, reading storytimes of new issues, and playing weeb games.

hey, i found this,since you mentioned you don't have one for iron man
comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/18865607172/marvel-comic-recommendations

Believe me when I say that I am not trying to start shit here.

I find the idea of a tumblr page dedicated to Sup Forums recs to be very amusing, from a meta perspective.

Totally, but Sup Forums is mainstream right now, hell, i've seen facebook pages dedicated to Sup Forums.
Won't argue about the usefullness of that tumblr page tho.