How can anyone defend this abortion?

How can anyone defend this abortion?

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/profile/Daniel_Linz/publication/258131225_Race_and_the_Misrepresentation_of_Victimization_on_Local_Television_News/links/5408a1d40cf2718acd3994d1/Race-and-the-Misrepresentation-of-Victimization-on-Local-Television-News.pdf
sophia.stkate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1478&context=msw_papers
s3.amazonaws.com/s3.colorofchange.org/images/ColorOfChangeNewsAccuracyReportCardNYC.pdf
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/07/09/bart-withholding-surveillance-videos-of-crime-to-avoid-stereotypes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are people defending it?

Intriguing concept that relies on execution. How can Batman be the bad guy?

Batman as a villain upsets you?

>intriguing concept
>sjw joker

>Being assblasted by an Elseworlds

Who gives a fuck? If it's bad it just gets relegated to the 25 cent bins of history.

>sjw joker
When you phrase it that way it seems even more interesting.

It's an Elseworld.

I refuse to be assblasted by an Elseworld, and so should you.

>Batman's constant beatings was the only thing keeping me insane
>I was getting my life together and giving money to the church for those programs

Easily because it's an Elseworld?

I remember OMAC so Batman being written as more of a destructive asshole is real easy to believe.

My only problem with the Murphy interview was the mention of Black Lives Matter. What possible connection is there between BLM and Batman?

Aside from that, it's just an Elseworld. Nothing to get worked up over.

This

I'm actually really excited, it might be the first cape book i'll buy this year (except valiant). Batman is the only superhero to never pull the "go evil " storyline, and I'm interested.

I'm sorry, what exactly are you faggots bitching about? It's an Elseworld story for fuck's sake. It's no different than Superman as a totalitarian commie in Red Son. It's a retelling of the characters, not an in-continuity story. And frankly, if they do it right, it could be an introspective look at Batman's character. Writers have played with the "Batman is as crazy as his villains" idea for years and this story is just another way to do a take on that.

You faggots probably don't even read comics anyways. Go rewatch The Dark Knight and The Avengers for the sixth time instead of bitching about something you wouldn't have read anyways.

Yeah, it's like OP and other people similar to him only started reading comics in the 2010's.

I can see what he's talking about. BLM gets into fights with the cops and the media portrays them as a moving riot. The Cops, regardless of how corrupt or incompetent they are always receive the support of the government and media. If that were happening in gotham Batman would be out there busting protestor heads.

Look just because Marvel SJW shit was shoved into your throat doesn't mean you should get us to get angry over a DC Elseworld story that doesn't in any way affect the actual Batman.

I miss Marvel's "What-if" stories. They should have brought those back if they wanted to do something different instead of raping what people know and love.

It's not like the idea is bad, the issue is that the company has made hiring idiots and forcing them to write like a sack of potatoes being dropped on a typewriter their core business.

what news have you been watching?

What are you talking about? The media tends to side with BLM 90% of the time. Hell, they got away with hijacking pride parades and the media still sucks their cock.

Probably Fox News. Tribalism ensures that only the right winged news sites pick up their bullshit while CNN and the like downplay their destructiveness as "voices of the people".

What is the name and when will be released???

>Batman is the only superhero to never pull the "go evil " storyline,

But they have some. Arguably Vampire Batman is Batman succumbing to bloodlust and willing to massacre by the final volume. Countdown had Earth-51 where Batman murdered all the supervillains and ended up with an Earth unprepared for invasion from Monarch and Superboy-Prime and others. There was a Shadow of the Bat annual with a Bruce who was raised by Jonathan Crane and over-controlled Gotham in a fascist manner.

who is "the media"?

if we're talking about pop-peices on the internet then you're right. They're heavily BLM. but otherwise you're wrong.

researchgate.net/profile/Daniel_Linz/publication/258131225_Race_and_the_Misrepresentation_of_Victimization_on_Local_Television_News/links/5408a1d40cf2718acd3994d1/Race-and-the-Misrepresentation-of-Victimization-on-Local-Television-News.pdf

sophia.stkate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1478&context=msw_papers

s3.amazonaws.com/s3.colorofchange.org/images/ColorOfChangeNewsAccuracyReportCardNYC.pdf

>I miss Marvel's "What-if" stories. They should have brought those back if they wanted to do something different instead of raping what people know and love.
What-If stories aren't as controversy-worthy as making a canon status quo change.

If Iceman turned gay in a What-If story, no one would care, and Marvel would get none those precious (You)s they crave so much. 90% of their comic solicits boast changes that will "change things forever". They want that sort of attention.

>modern social issues
What did they mean by this? Seriously

The synopsis didn't mentioned any change with Bats so I guess we can assume the story will be about the Joker "waking up" and calling him for his bullshit (them again, that would require him to know Bruce Wayne is Batman).

>What possible connection is there between BLM and Batman?
Bat lives matter of course

duke

>What did they mean by this? Seriously
I think the implication is that Joker will become a public speaking figure in Gotham, engaging in social and political issues, while making the world aware of what a threat Batman is.

There's also the Justice Lords. Back when Justice League was a hit animated series and before Injustice came into the picture.

To my mind none of those really count. I'm looking for something more specific i guess, and part of that involves attacking batman as a figure and interrogating what the character represents and changing the character so much into these stories about vampires and solipsistic batwank feels like they're basically pussying out and not sticking to it.

Those characters are either so different it's pointless ( Knowing that if batman was a vampire he would be a vampire isn't that thrilling or interesting) and turning the premise into a story where it's not really abotu batman being evil, but rather about how batman is SO BADASS that he actually could kill everybody effortlessly if he wanted to, feels like it's wasting the idea to instead just lavish more praise on the character.

This premise seems more likely to really go for the idea.

You get what I'm saying?

Why do you care? Does it hurt your fee fees? As it there's never been a bad Batman comic before. Grow the fuck up, faggot.

>Bruce Wayne tries to defend Batman during one of Joker's public speeches
>Joker starts talking about how he was raped by Batman

We should start banning anyone who visits Cbr, Tumblr and Reddit. It's infected by newfags and nothing good ever comes from people visiting those sites.

Is that why THIS is happening?

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/07/09/bart-withholding-surveillance-videos-of-crime-to-avoid-stereotypes/

This is me

The Justice Lords thing also seems like ignoring the idea to just hype batman up evil more. "Well he *did* turn evil , but he was the only one to turn good again and then he beat everybody else and ruled his earth benevolently, until batman beyond when he built a giant statue to himself in his god city."

It's a dodge.

The premise asks a question and that question is; "What would happen if Batman turned evil?"

"Batman could punch everybody" isn't an answer to that question

Sadly I don't think they'd do that

> hype batman up even more
not
> hype batman up evil more

>What possible connection is there between BLM and Batman?

Gee, I dunno. Gotham PD's rampant corruption and blatant use of excessive force?

>Gotham PD's rampant corruption and blatant use of excessive force
But that was never exclusive to blacks.

Really makes you think

i thought everyone was trashing it

but i suppose SJWs and Joker&Harley fags are probably jacking off to this.

>But that was never exclusive to blacks.

True, but it would reflect very clearer predominantly in the poorer black communities. It always does.

>Joker&Harley fags are probably jacking off to this.
What the fuck are you talking about

And it's not like Batman and the Batfamily are lax on the use of force either.

>Be child
>Idolize Batman
>Can't be raped

>Be adult
>Idolize joker
>Can be raped

You were right, commissioner Gordon.

The only thing I'm mad about is that this isn't a Jokester/Owlman story.

Have the Jokester's origin be a mirror to how it was presented in Snyder's run with there being a Red Hood Gang in Owlman's early years who were trying to be an IRL Anonymous, with Jokester being thrown in acid in an attempt to kill him, only for him to kinda crack (best version of the Jokester was in the Brave and the Bold tv show, where they hinted that he still wears the Red Hood to keep from going completely insane) and have him realize you have to be insane to fight the Owlman and he's the one guy to do it.

This board has totally gone down the shitters. Worst part about these posts made by underaged Sup Forumsermin and summerfags is that they are using screencaps now instead of retarded meme phrases. This board needs to be nuked.

DC is clever. They keep SJW bullshit to elseworlds or books no one will read.

>valiant

Why are you so mad about a comic that isn't even out yet?

Why does anyone need to defend and Elseworlds? That lines literal purpose for existing is to do out there, crazy stories.

Gosh, I wonder. How could Superman be the bad guy of Injustice?

>SJW Joker

You lost me.

He could repeatedly imprison a terrorist who always escapes and kills more people, rather than letting the police shoot him in self defense and save thousands.

Wew, Murphy is an excelent artist but such a shitty writter his Punk Rock Jesus project was downright hilarious and the whole time i was praying that the last chapter would reveal it was some kind of satire.

Guess it will be pretty at least.

it's an Elseworlds and SGM is a great artist

stop being a fucking pussy

There have been at least 15 books since Rebirth that went full BOBBY UR GAY LOL.

Could be fun if it's well done. There is a good reason why there is no rl Batman. Justice doesn't wirk that way.

>it's a batman is just as crazy/unhinged as the joker episode

>The Batman finally raped the Joker into insanity but he lost his in the act
>Now the Joker must rape the Batman

Was it worth it, Jim?

>Joker fighting against Batman using social media
>a Gotham dealing with Black Lives Matter
It'll be shit

Such as?

>using modern social issues

>There should be more issues related to more topical past issues in comics, like whether or not we should get rid of the gold standard and woman suffrage!

I'm gonna read it before deciding it's bad. It's only Elseworlds.

>Modern social issues
If you've read this you know that SGM has the mind of a 14 year old, going to have to skip this one.

might be cool. I'll laugh my ass off if it turns out "sane" Joker is only "sane" because he appears to agree with the "modern social issues".
>clearly he's cured. If he shares our opinion, he can't possibly be insane!

They thought that he was the one who had gone mad!

He tried to argue with them. "You see that lake there? It was a desert. And that riverbed was only rocks and dust. Your well was dry."

They only stared. "What is he saying?" they asked, but they asked this in a language he did not understand, and so he had no idea what they were saying.

But he did understand their faces. They looked at him as if he were the one who was mad. They shook their fists. They shouted. Before long he was afraid. He could see they would never understand what he was trying to say. They would never remember the world as it had once been. And so he ran away, back to the safety of his cave and back to his secret water. He refused to drink this new water that drove everyone mad. No, he would stay in the safety of his world, with his own water.

But as time passed, he became more and more lonely. He had no family. He had no friends. He had no one to talk to. Sometimes, late at night, he crept out of his cave and stole to the village and wandered the streets; when he heard people talking together and laughing, his heart ached. He wished he could join them in their madness.

At long last he made a decision. He would drink this new water and become like all the others. He too would be mad.

That very day, he walked to the well that had once been his, and he drew up a bucket of water. Thirsty for friendship, he drank. In just one moment he understood the language the others were speaking, and when his old friends passed by, he joined them, and he forgot all about the past. He forgot his cave and his water.

His friends embraced him and cried, "You were mad, but you have been restored to sanity!"

And because he no longer remembered, he did not argue.

It was a pretty fun comic outside of a poor ending.

Nice strawman, tumblr.

I'm intrigued actually.

Remember when people were triggered over Batman beating up cops in DKIII because it was perceived as SJW and BLM shit? This is hilarious how butthurt people get over social issues showing up in Batman comics.

Injustice 2 fans The comic will make us happy..Now batman is finally the evil person.

with my Giant Soldier of Stone, placed face-up, in defense mode

>point out that it looks like it'll be shit
>a swarm of people arrive to paint you as an angry idiot who needs to not get mad over comics
Really makes you think

Best post in this thread

Well, if they want to explore real-world issues (which is one of those words which fucking always sets off alarm bells in my head since 9/10 times they are mishandled to incredible degrees), it's not really hard, all you need to do is deconstruct Batman.

If you start applying real-world logic to the stuff Bruce does at the street-level in Gotham, he's a terrible person. The guy wastes possibly millions of dollars to develop advanced technologies to facilitate cruising around a city and punching people for breaking the law, rather than tackling the actual issues which cause that crime. He acts as an opposing force which drives and encourages other costumed and themed lunatics. He refuses to kill, even when refusing to kill leads to even more people dying, and the modern take depicts this more as an Arthurian I-am-so-awful-I-must-have-an-oath thing rather than out of faith in the people or society or in the ability of people to reform. He's a person as crazy as the people he fights and runs around exacerbating and escalating the issues of Gotham instead of fixing them.

I mean, you're trying to apply real-world logic to comic book stuff, and that rarely works and the few times it's worked the best it led to an overall decline in comicbook storytelling, but if it's its own thing it's not technically impossible, but it sure as hell is right to be skeptical when you read these words that have been used and with the tendency for these sorts of endeavors to end up underwhelming at best.

Batman deserves it because of Injustice-
For what they did to damian and superman For batmans white man pain.

All's fair game in elseworld stories. What's wrong? You batfucks can't handle AU versions of your character being the bad guy? Awww how sad, fuck you we've had to stomach enough "Superman is evil" stories to last a decade.

This.

This page is going to be a fustercluck, and I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.

Me too, I'm making popcorn for the occasion.

I don't understand this post

Increase your melanin levels and it will make sense.

Batman earned a batman's bad story...Because he is such an asshole in the game .

>A world where the Joker has been cured of his insanity and no longer feels homicidal urges

So, not The Joker then? Whats the point? This could have been interesting if he was a batshit lunatic trying to do something right, like take on a megabillionare sociopath who probably traffics children or some shit.

Agreed
....... I don't feel any sympathy for Bruce.

If he was still an insane criminal, nobody would listen to him, dummy. Being cured and famous, schmoozing the high class circles explains how he could become a political power to attack Batman with populism

So it's all the sane Joker theories, crossed with all the "Batman is actually bad because Bruce Wayne could just buy a better Gotham" theories. That sounds like cancer. Might as well give them a fuck-fight relationship too, and complete the pleb trifecta.

How can Superman be the bad guy? Simple: Write him out of character. So write Bruce as an insane manchild who doesn't care about reforming Gotham's corrupt institutions, but instead beats down poor and mentally ill people because he gets a stiffy when he hears bones break. He abducts little boys and makes them Robins because he wants child soldiers which might unbalance his opponents not to help kids heal from trauma. He builds shit like Brother Eye because he feels emasculated by metas like Supes instead of a precaution against them going rogue.

It's so fucking easy to write Batman as evil. It's only not been done because of the Legion of Batwankers in control at DC, Batman is their biggest seller and they don't want to damage him, and because it would upset his retarded fanboys who think he's a Mary Sue due to Injustice.

Timm and Dini copped out of that one by having Lord Batman turn back to good.

>fustercluck

Earth-3 (now Earth-2) where everything is flipped. It wasn't that hard then so why would it be hard now?

I'm game. I'll give this a shot.

Joker and Harley are together in this. There are actually fans of that pairing unfortunately.

To be fair, it's because people assume the OP's going to compare this to Marvel's SJW comics. The key difference being that Marvel's SJW shit is forced onto readers while this is an Alt-universe sort of thing for DC.

>an entire event of evil alt multiverse batmen that were brought here only because of Bruce being a retard
>GL Earth-1 will likely have a Hal Jordan that's smarter than the blithering retard known as Earth-1 Bruce Wayne
>this
The era of trolling batfags

If done right it could be awesome. Batman as a totalitarian control freak, the joker as a freedom fighter who'se sanity is slipping away.

Harley would be nothing if she wasn't introduced as Joker's girlfriend, of course there are fans of the pairing.