NEW JUSTICE INSURGENCE

October 25's The Flash #33 will lead a second wave of Dark Nights: Metal tie-ins under the banner of "Justice Insurgence,"

THE FLASH #33
Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
Art by HOWARD PORTER
Cover by NEIL GOOGE
Variant cover by HOWARD PORTER
“JUSTICE INSURGENCE” part one! After the harrowing events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL #3, the JUSTICE LEAGUE has scattered around the world to find the only artifacts that can fight back against the invasion of the Dark Multiverse. The League thinks they know how to take back their world, but they are not prepared for who is standing in their way. The Seven Dark Knights of the Dark Multiverse. All the brilliance of Batman, but none of the morals. Barry Allen, The Fastest Man Alive, is the first to get a taste of their plan, as BATMAN: THE RED DEATH takes him on at the Fortress of Solitude.

Oh god yes. I'm honestly more excited for Metal than I have been for any other comic in years. I'm loving the structure of the tie-ins.

Marvel btfo

Based.

Ehhhhhh, I don't know if I'm a fan of every JL book tying in.
I was fine when Metal was limited to Dark Days+Metal+Gotham Resistance+Batman/Hawkman one shots but a second wave of tie-ins is pushing it.

Also that checklist that was just released is now out of date already, is this some last minute shit?

relieved tbph when I checked the reading order and 33 is there, I thought this a new batch of tie in shit on top of the 25 books.

25 is more than enough, please don't be like secret wars with about 70+ books

This was on the reading list

No The flash #33 is there

this issue was on the checklist, user
it's a four-part story like Resistance, with 1-1 issues of Flash & Hal, and 2 of JL

Ive been out of the loop on comics this year, only reading as few favorite titles.

Can someone sum up what exactly DC metal is?

It's gonna bring back some old fan favorites, so far plastic man and shazam have been teased

end result is just a new imprint called Dark Matter

dc artifacts(ww lasso, gl rings, trident etc) are somehow made with a mystery metal. Metahumans have that same metal in their blood. batman investigates the mystery metal after having a vision when he got dunked in the dionesium metal pit. apparently the metal is a conduit to a dark multiverse

that's the story so far, the main story is gonna be invaders from the dark multiverse and the justice league fighting cannon totting dinosaurs

Justice League vs Lovecraftian shit

There's a dark multiverse that exists under the multiverse and it starts leaking through. Hawkmans was investigating this mystery as it tied into Nth Metal but then disappeared in the Dark Multiverse and Batman picks up on his tracks after getting exposed to that pit in Endgame. Turns out Nth Metal is short for Ninth Metal and its the same metal used throughout various DC artefacts.

All of this ties into a lot of Morrisons ideas with the original 3 tribes, the Return of Bruce Wayne with Barbatos and Multiversity

This is pretty much a crisis in all but name, though Snyder even called it Dark Crisis in the book but DC are trying to avoid overusing the Crisis title after Final Crisis.

Oh great, another speedster villain.

Is this the first non-shilouette look at the "metaled" up villains? This is the Red Death, right?

Also, reminder that DC is doing so well that they decided to drop the price on all of these by $1 instead of jacking up the price and adding more issues like Marvel is doing with Secret Empire.

yup, greg capullo was the one who suggested the name metal, snyder wanted dark crisis but reneged after being convinced that crisis is more or less reserved word for continuity alignment events.

source is the comic conspiracy interview

>Is this the first non-shilouette look at the "metaled" up villains? This is the Red Death, right?

Yes and yes
The design is quite good

>Bitching about something this minor
What is with you faggots complaining about ONE issue (out of two each month btw) from only seven series. This is god-tier event structure compared to the drivel we've endured for the last two decades.

this is not lovecraftian shit, user

Different universe villian.

Dark multiverse villian.

They don't wanted a shared universe.poorfags.

Its funny that in one story arc Snyder has squandered all the good will from Rebirth.

He's not a good fit for DC anymore. He is too edgy and obsessed with leaving his mark on the universe, even if it means hurting the lore. He needs to be let go.

>being convinced that crisis is more or less reserved word for continuity alignment events.
>Flashpoint
Dark Nights is a cool title, but I wouldve liked to see Snyder's name on a crisis event.

He sells too well to be let go. Just leave him to specialty shit like All Star Batman where he can't hurt anyone.

The solicit for part 4 of the Gotham Resistance crossover is also out.

GREEN ARROW #32
Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
Art by JUAN FERRERYA
Cover by STJEPAN SEJIC
Variant cover by MIKE GRELL
DARK NIGHTS: METAL tie-in! “GOTHAM RESISTANCE” finale! The Gotham Resistance has fought its way through lands of fire, poison, destruction and fear, but no one was ready for the craziest showdown of all: Green Arrow and Black Canary, whose eternal lovers’ quarrel goes medieval as the team marches into the hellish, mind-bending world of The Man Who Laughs to uncover the secret to defeating the hordes of the Dark Multiverse!
On sale OCTOBER 4 • 32 pg, FC • $2.99 US • RATED T+

Yeah the only way this doesnt do irreparable damage is if they undo the whole thing at the end. He's hurting the brand at this point.

Why is Barry freaking out, the other speedsters just grabbing his hand to help him get up on his feet.

how is this hurting the brand ? is literally heroes vs Villains what the fuck do you people want ?

>Its funny that in one story arc Snyder has squandered all the good will from Rebirth.
Right...

>IT WAS ME(TAL), BARRY!

>Its funny that in one story arc Snyder has squandered all the good will from Rebirth.

doesn't matter, casuals liked owls and will also like this for sure

Two deluded hister fags.

I'm excited to see what the other Dark Knights look like.

Sup Forums hates it, but Sup Forums isn't a representative of general readers.

But hurt he us adding to the lore.

Back issues fags mad their pre flashpoint lore gone, but it was never coming back.

When will Sup Forums stop thinking its got the final say and representative opinion on everything?
Retards acting like this squandered Rebirths good will clearly don't browse anywhere outside this board

>B-but popular with the general public =/= good

No, but that doesn't matter because the general readers are the ones actually buying comics, the general readers are the ones putting up reviews on sites and the general reader buys what entertains them, not what pisses them off, no matter what Brevoort says

>everything has to be companywars
Fuck off back to your containment board and let the adults talk, will you?

Sup Forums doesn't even hate it. It's only a couple of contrarian faggots on these threads. I've seen nearly widespread hype for this event on here.

at least the evil speedster isn't from the future

Flashpoint's title and not picking crisis was probably Johns' choice. I'm pretty sure they would've been ok with using crisis for that event if they wanted to.

That doesn't change the fact that it's another fucking evil speedster.

>Fuck off back to your containment board and let the adults talk, will you?
Fixed it just for you, bro.

I fucking love multiverse shenanigans.

>But hurt he us adding to the lore.
Didio rule.

>making Nth Metal the reason meta humans exist
>making Joker have been in Bruce's cave this whole time and clearly knowing everyone's identity

Those have long term impacts on the lore and they are negative impacts. Snyder doesn't care though. He does what he wants for his story and everyone else be damned.

Rebirth proved long time fans buy comics not casuals.

>Those have long term impacts on the lore and they are negative impacts.
I'm sure it'll be as long lasting and deeply impactful as AzzWondy if it doesn't work out.

>BATMAN: THE RED DEATH takes him on at the Fortress of Solitude.
There's only one true Red Death

The difference is Azz WW was pre Rebirth. Rebirth was made to undo all the mistakes. Unless at the end of this event it all gets undone or erased, DC wont be able to fix this damage to the lore for a few years. That's always been Snyder's problem is he is not a team player.

Are having several more DC artifacts made out of Nth metal besides Hawkman's weapons and metahumans being made by Nth metal particles instead of a DONUT STEEL metagene really going to burn down the continuity house?

Really?

Personally I'm waiting to see how Justice Batcarnate is before I pass judgement on the event. As stupid as METAL HUMAN and the Duke shilling has been Justice Batcarnate is the meat and potatoes of this event.

And consider this user: all they have to do to win is be better than Marvel. And for all the stupid in the event so far its no where near as bad as "Cap is now a Nazi because of a retcon cube".

Well luckily it seems like no other writers seem to acknowledge Snyder's lore ever so hopefully they continue to ignore it. It was kind of fucked up of him to have the Joker thing happening though when he is not the main Batman writer anymore. He just leaves behind messes other writers have to either ignore or address and that is not really fair.

>making Nth Metal the reason meta humans exist

Its the reason some of them exist, not all of them

>Unless at the end of this event it all gets undone or erased, DC wont be able to fix this damage to the lore for a few years. That's always been Snyder's problem is he is not a team player.
Are you fucking stupid? Most of Snyder's mainline DC work can be distilled into

>The hero(es) discover some dark crazy secret from the past that threatens to change everything!

Followed by

>That dark crazy secret was more likely than not complete bullshit... BUT MAYBE NOT!

This doesn't look any different.

Who, outside of Duke and Plas, is even considered a metahuman in DC?

I'm an absolute fucking sucker for "hero fights the bad guy with his same powerset" fights.

I know its overdone and I know Marvel movies do it all the time but I like it. I'm hoping being evil Batmen they have cool Bat-toys to compliment their power sets.

I hope they throw in some different matchups though. I think it would get old after awhile for the 7 JLA members to fight the 7 evil and also Batman JLA members.

Not a whole lot actually. The whole Metahuman thing came around the same time as Invasion in the 90's so it's not like this is going to be effecting a lot of A and B listers.

He needs to stop sucking off his clownfu. I don't think any writer has loved the Joker like Snyder has.

is black canary a meta?

Stop crying faggot.

Everything new is already done.

That would explain why GA is tying in if so

So is every league member going to have an evil Batman version?

Metas are mutants. Stress or events unlock it.

It's closer to how mutants are in earth x.

However the term when first used meant any superpowered character.

Everyone but superman who has bat doomsday.

Batman has batman joker.

Only 7.

This. Marvel is finished.

How much you want to bet new 52 joker is the batman joker?

He really is the anti Morrison. Morrison believed in putting the toys back in the box when you leave.

Snyder likes to throw the toys on the roof and leaves other writers to figure out how to get them down.

>All the brilliance of Batman, but none of the morals.

Batman has morals?

So now every title is joining in on the event with tie ins. Great. DC has become Marvel.

You know that no killing thing? A central part of the character for a long time now?

>become
Glad to know you only started reading comics within the last 2 years

If by every title you mean 8 of them

It isn't.

It's bruce as joker.

Nice try newfag drone.

Future's End was 3 years ago.
Every book DC was running in New52 took a month out to be a tie-in.

Stop acting like DC is some holy company were this is the first instance of this happening within the company in 10 years

Plasticman is Meta(l)man

This isn't anything like Future's End. This is like the Lazarus Contract, which just happened.

METAlgene

So far it seems to be "Batman if he had superpowers he clearly shouldn't have because he's a fucking sociopath".

I'm not even sure how to grasp the concept here. Is it "Bruce Wayne if he had the other characters' origin stories" or "What if the other characters suffered Bruce Wayne's fate"?

>Lazarus Contract
>1 main issues of each ongoing continuing a singular plotline

>Future's End
>Weekly ongoing with every New52 ongoing tying in as side content

>Metal
>Monthly mini with the main plot and several books tie in as side content

how nigga

I think they're all different Bruces from different worlds in the Dark Multiverse, but they all got super powers through some circumstance or another.

The Joker clearly says METAhumans, it's made out to be ALL the metahumans.

Where does that leave the metagene though?

Metagene has been retconned as the METAlgene.

Pretty much everyone who has powers in the DCU in one way or another is considered a meta. Some humans can survive impossible freak science accidents and develop powers precisely because of the metagene. Jay Garrick once said that even if he had not the Speed Force in him he would still be fast because of his metagene. (Source: Flash: Fastest Man Alive #1)

Your explanation makes sense, thanks.

Snyder's writing, however, makes no fucking sense at all.

Is funny because Snyder is trying to make Hawkman relevant in this story but wouldn't this and "all the weapons are made from Nth Metal" have the complete opposite effect? Now Hakwman doesn't have anything special, every hero has Nth Metal weapons and powers.

>>Weekly ongoing with every New52 ongoing tying in as side content

That was part of the gimmick month Didio was pushing. And it led to a few one-off gems

Flashpoint was never supposed to be a reboot engine. Johns had a much longer Flash run planned post-Flashpoint, but the higher-ups decided they wanted a reboot and Flashpoint got fucked.

>All of this ties into a lot of Morrisons ideas with the original 3 tribes, the Return of Bruce Wayne with Barbatos and Multiversity

Please elaborate on this for me. I am interested.

So like Richards' Council of Reeds but evil and also Batman?

>Great. DC has become Marvel.
>Marvel events tie into 20 different series
Metal ties into 8 series
>Marvel interrupts stories for 6-8 months
Metal is interrupting stories for a half month per series.
>Marvel has a new event every 4 months
DC hasn't had a real line-wide event since 2014.
Why do you faggots keep comparing the two companies in the most surface-level way possible?

Basically yeah. It's a Council of Evil Bruces.

Has it been confirmed that they are all Bruce though?

Red Death looks okay better than Johnni Quick anyways.

That's actually a pretty horrifying idea, what kind of nightmares does Snyder have when he tries to sleep? Is he legit insane? How old is he, is he one of those deranged elderly types?

It hasn't been confirmed yet. We have no idea what worlds or histories they come from.

It would be interesting to see a few curve balls thrown in among the Bruces. Like maybe the Wonder Woman one is Talia?

An evil Justice League where everyone is also Batman should be horrifying idea. I just hope the payoff is good. Imagine muh prep time plus muh speed force.

I hope they actually have a plan to conquer the multiverse besides "beat up my good guy counterpart"

Old man casuals and mcu casuals.

I wish any reader that doesn't read anymore kill themselves.

Who the fuck is the middle one supposed to be, Bat-Doomsday instead of a Bat-Superman?

Yes.

It's curious to note that Dawnbreaker is a Green Lantern and not a Yellow Lantern.

It's also a damn shame there's no Martian Manhunter Batman. Imagine how scary an evil Batman with telepathy and shape shifting could be.

I bet I know how he'll beat him in the end!