All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #6 Preview

In which Gamora is telling the team why she needs Infinity Stones

I'm really diggin this book

I'll never get over why Star-Lord always has to be the punchline of such bad jokes. Also the team's retard. What did he do to deserve this?

It feels like Duggan is slowly yet desperately running up against the walls that are editorial and Bendis, trying to work around the synergy and return the Guardians to at least some of their pre-Now glory.

Marvel editorial and Bendis are very large, very strong, very dumb beasts though.

Gamora, Drax, and Adam never took Quill seriously, not even under DnA.

yo it's the big head dude from the warlock comics

haven't seen him in eons

Am I high or giant Warlock is taken from an Infinity Watch page? If I had the comic on hand I'd check it up.

I doubt Bendis cares, but the brass is very much into synergy

Wait I've been half a decade behind on marvel cosmic.
Are they actually calling them infinity stones instead of infinity gems now?

Drax the fucks up with your head?

well adam left the good and bad parts of his soul in the gem, i suppose gamora could have lost a part of herself too. unless it's someone in the gem trying to manipulate her.

Post secret war marvel calls them stones.

Prime Earth isn't 100 percent same. I mean in this reality jean was dark phoenix. Regent and miles was born in prime earth.

Jeff lemore sad old man logan is the wolverine of prime.

synergy, user. synergy

A gem by any other name, etc.

>miles was born in prime earth.

nah
he still remembers the Ultimate U

i hate when Sup Forumsumblr uses this term, but changing the Infinity Gems into Infinity Stones is just synergy bullshit.
my jimmies are fully rustled.

I'm glad I'm not as autistic as you, Satan.

>all this old-school Warlock stuff
>and Phyla soon
Good times.

Gotta say, I'm feeling bearded Pete with the classic Star-Lord shirt. Best design he's had in, what? 10 years?

God. Conquest is 10 years old. I've been here too long.

Gerry Duggan just posted this on twitter

Get hype

>Get hype
Can't. Still sad about his book dieing.

user, you don't know what you're talking about. Prime Earth is exactly the same as 616, the only difference is that Miles was copy-pasted into it by the Molecule Man.

>I mean in this reality jean was dark phoenix.
user, that proves nothing. Marvel has acted like Jean was Dark Phoenix and have ignored the X-Factor retcon for years, did you forget AvX?

The issues without synergy are the best... the infinity gem story arc could be the best in this run if we consider that there are also a Baby Groot and a Raptor vs MCU Nova Corps story arcs.

The Infinity Gems were destroyed in the lead-up to Secret Wars. The Infinity Stones are the replacements for 616-8.

>Collector vs Grandmaster shenanigans
>Upstart Novas vs Fraternity of Raptors, Rich (and probably Chris) guaranteed to get involved
>Infinity Quest on the horizon

Duggan is really winning me over.

Yeah, only way this could be better is if Nova was running concurrently, like the old days. Maybe he'll get a relaunch next year, but, I don't know that anyone else in Marvel's wheelhouse can top Loveness and Perez's efforts. I'd just want them to get another shot.

I'm guessing that Rich is gonna take charge of the New Nova Corps. Sam stays on Earth being a rookie young hero and Rich stays in space as a badass leader, everybody wins.

Source: your ass

Fuck off newfag namefag, nobody gives a shit about your shitty bullshit opinions.

THIS. It's time for Rich to accept his duty and remain in space to rebuild Xandar. He just needs to get Robbie back to their mom first.

What? The Infinity Gems were destroyed in Hickman's New Avengers #3, sans the Time Gem which was destroyed during the Infinite Avengers arc of Hickman's Avengers which ran from #29 to #34. They never used the term "Infinity Stones" to refer to the 616-7 Gems. Likewise, they never used the term "Infinity Gems" to refer to the 616-8 Stones.

My source is the comics. Try reading them sometime, Sup Forums. You might learn something.

You very well know what I'm talking about. This is a different way of interaction.

Did you forget that the Infinity Gauntlet was reformed in Secret Wars? T'Challa used it to restore Wakanda. Like I said before, other than adding Miles in, Prime Earth has the exact same history as before Secret Wars.
You're assuming that just because they're suddenly callint them by a different name that means there's been a continuity change. There hasn't, they're just using a different name, stuff like this has happened before.

Upgraded raptors are fucking insane in new powers. Novas seem t be non powered right now.

Probably not a great fight

>Did you forget that the Infinity Gauntlet was reformed in Secret Wars? T'Challa used it to restore Wakanda
That wasn't the 616 Infinity Gauntlet. It was the Infinity Gauntlet for Doomstdat. If it was the 616 Infinity Gauntlet then it only would have worked int he Domain of Manhattan because an Infinity Gauntlet only works in its native universe, or in Battleworld, in its native domain. The only infinity gauntlets on Battleworld were the one for Doomsdat that T'Challa used (which I'd like to remind you that even if it WAS the 616 gauntlet, which it explicitly wasn't, T'Challa left the Gauntlet on Battleworld and only removed the reality gem which disintegrated upon entering 616-8) and the one from New Xandar.

While I love they're remembering Adam and the Soul GEM and Gamora's old story, I can't get past all this MCU miasma. It feels wrong.

Doesn't the fact that T'Challa used the Reality Gem to restore Wakanda prove that it was the 616 Gauntlet? It wouldn't have worked otherwise.

Looks like he's back to an 8 pointed star on his helmet. Hopefully he's wearing this again

>T'Challa used the Reality Gem to restore Wakanda
That's an assumption on your part. I read that scene as T'Challa using the gem to avoid the retcon wave that was swallowing everyone up and just go straight into 616-8. Even beyond that, Strange EXPLICITLY says that the only place the gauntlet will work is Doomstdat. If it was the 616 Gauntlet then it would have worked in Manhattan as well. Even then, the gem disintegrated in T'Challa's hands which means that it's impossible for that gem to be the same as the Reality Stone currently in 616-8.

Help! Gamora is slowly turning into my favourite character of this book.

Not really.

>Yeah, only way this could be better is if Nova was running concurrently
They were so close. So fucking close. God damn I wish Marvel wasn't run by a horde of drooling retards right now.

>I can't get past all this MCU miasma.
I'm confident it'll wear off over time.