What did Bryke mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

korranews.com/post/162927578330/the-legend-of-korra-turf-wars-part-one-the
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A little late to the party, huh?

WE HAD THIS THREAD YESTERDAY

The Legend of Korra was a mistake.

they need to keep milking the series.

Have we discussed the possibility that scrappy is terrorizing Sup Forums with Legend of Korra just as much as Avatar the Last Airbender

I mean, I wouldn't mind two more series to finish the avatar cycle, and perhaps some decent video games, I would kill for a proper RPG in the Avatar universe

his smile and optimism...gone

I assume this is fan made given the comic isnt going to be released for digidownload till the end of the month.

Preview pages?

No it's real, it's from the Amazon preview. The artist doesn't like it because it spoils the kissing.

A good chunk of it is already online, actually:
korranews.com/post/162927578330/the-legend-of-korra-turf-wars-part-one-the

Friendly reminder that Korra would do anything to stay relevant.

>instead of addressing the countless plotholes or all the remaining conflicts they focus on the relationship between Korra and Asami

Here, I'll just summarize it because really not a lot happens:
>Korra and Asami go on vacation
>Korra claims she's felt a bond with Asami ever since the race track scene in book 1, okay
>they get attacked by a spirit that doesn't like the portal, they decide to head back because they lost their supplies, they kiss
>they go to see Korra's parents first to tell them
>scene missing
>back in Republic City the guy who owns the land surrounding the spirit portal wants to turn it into a theme park, Korra wants it to be a sanctuary
>Raiko tells her to fuck off because the guy building the park has the money and the city needs it
>There are some pages missing but Kya probably tells them how girl on girl sex works
>the Triple Threats apparently has a new leader and he's working for the guy who wants to build the theme park
>some fight happens at the portal, Korra sics spirits on the guy and he ends up all mutated like Wan's friend
>Asami gets her ass kicked, she and Korra kiss
>Mako is actually clearly not okay with this
>Spirit hitman guy is pissed off over what happened and takes over the industry company building the park

Holy shit Asami's expression is awesome.

You'll get nothing and you'll like it.

>>back in Republic City the guy who owns the land surrounding the spirit portal wants to turn it into a theme park, Korra wants it to be a sanctuary
So Bryke are confirmed hacks?

Well, wanting it to be a sanctuary isn't a bad idea but when it's in the middle of a destroyed city that desperately needs money then yes it's incredibly naive, even for Korra.

I'm guessing Asami doesn't have the money to buy the land either or else that problem would be solved right away.

>humans angry about the portal being opened
>spirits angry about the portal being opened
Why did Korra do this?

>You'll never get an Avatar RPG where you play a new Avatar and you go about your own way establishing peace
>you will never have your own team Avatar
>you will never get to beat the shit out of spirits

Why even live?

Are those comics canon?The writting is fucking cringeworthy.

Oh and I'd say the art ranges from being okay to the artist clearly has no idea what she's doing.

>I'm guessing Asami doesn't have the money to buy the land either or else that problem would be solved right away.
considering it's never mentioned that she lost the money I'm guessing she could easily do it and hence this is a plothole

It's really disappointing, but still better than anything Marvel releases these days

>better than Gwenpool

There are missing pages so it might be brought up but the fact she says something about how they'll find another way to protect the portal makes me think her buying the land isn't an option.

Because Korra's a god damn idiot.

So far all gwenpool artists were below deviantart lvl and the writting is always mediocre at best.

I'm okay with this.

>there's a conflict revolving around the fact that Korra needs to buy something
>when she's dating the CEO of a company, she's friends with a woman who basically founded her own country, her dad is royalty and she's a surrogate daughter to the leader of the Airbenders

Don't forget being on good terms with the firelord

We don't really know what her relationship with Izumi is, I can see them not getting along since Izumi seems to be dedicated to keeping the FN out of international conflicts.

>Asami goes from starting to get up off the ground to being passed out in Korra's arms in one page
Thank God they're emphasizing how much of a liability Asami really is to have around in combat.

A LOVE STORY SO GREAT WE DIDN'T EVEN ANIMATE IT, FOLKS!

Archive Link to previous thread? I wanna read it

Masochist

Go back into your hole bolinfag

>bolinfags still think he has a chance with two girls that never found him attractive

Sorry all you haters but Mako is the obvious choice. He's been with both of them and is still on great terms with them.

Boy I can't wait to see how well-written the parts when Korra inevitably confronts Mako will be.

>Mako are you okay? You've been avoiding Asami and I since we got back.
>It's just a little weird for me seeing you two-
>WHAT'S WEIRD? THERE'S NOTHING WEIRD ABOUT US! WHY DO YOU HATE US? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Arguably this might be a good opportunity for Asami to do something useful and just explain it was weird for her seeing Korra and Mako hook up.

>Arguably this might be a good opportunity for Asami to do something useful and just explain it was weird for her seeing Korra and Mako hook up.

That sounds a little TOO sensible, don't you think? Clearly Mako being portrayed as vaguely homophobic (when any sane man would be disturbed that his last consecutive lovers hooked up) needs to be stretched out through the entire story.

its hilarious to me that Mako is the only main character without a love intrest by the end of the show.

he's just got absolutely nothing.

He's got Wu.

>rich privileged Fire Nation woman claims the most famous woman in the word
SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!

>also a war profiteer

What are you talking about? He could get Shiro OR Lance.

>Hey, Bolin, can we ask you for a favor? See, Asami and I want to be parents, so...
>You want me to dress up as a giant baby? SURE!
>Uhhhhh so hey, have you seen Mako lately?

Wait this is actually out? I thought it was delayed for the 10th time.

Regardless knowing teh Avatar comics people who liked it (or disliked it but want to follow it anyway) are going to be waiting like a year and a half for the next issue, because that's just how they roll.

Eh doesn't really seem like anything of value is lost based on the summary we got of the comic

Their fighting gang members or some shit right?

Kinda a big downgrade from literal Satan, crazy anarchy cult and and a fucking mecha piloted by metal hitler.

Next volume is out in early 2018.

it was not supposed to be anything big since it will not be in the cartoon and will possibly be ignored if they make a third avatar series.

Yeah I think Mike said awhile ago the comics won't have any huge conflicts. I expect most of the comics will be about Korrasami.

Are Bolinfags always this cringy or are they just self inserting?

That's fine, he snagged a girl who is superior to both of them.

This one was supposed to be out late last year, then it got delayed like 3 times. Im not holding my breath on any dates.

Mako should bang Izumi

It got delayed because they had to find a new artist and she had to start over.

great taste

Mako clearly belongs with Lin.

Mako can fuck Wu or his hot older boss Lin. Both are better characters than Korra or Asami.

>ywn fuck a MILFY cop
Kill ma

Then they fuck like pigs.

I wish Makani was drawing the comics.

Would she drink Bailey's from a shoe?

Bryke wants them to be, but seeing as they read like the worst kind of fanfic i personally won't accept it.

Be respectful. He just got a boner on the spot.

Apparently the White lotus are the ones paying for everything she'll ever need and have the bank to maintain secret prisons all around the world aswell. Money really shouldn't be a problem for Korra.

Linmind.

Her art is so on point with the show that it's kinda scary

>the ship so nice they put it in his name

He should have a kid with Kuvira though, imagine the fucking eyebrows on that spawn

Cringe

All Bolin ships are terrible. They're all terrible because they all share one terrible thing in common.

Nah Bolin/Eska is ok. Its the Bolinfag being obnoxious shoving in his cringey fanfic every Korra thread.

Desperate neckbeards projecting themselves unto Bolin?

>implying Kuvira isn't Mako and Asami's child they threw into one of the portals so they could hide their affair from Korra

I think its just one guy. He posts threads about WHAT IF BOLIN WAS EVIL/BOLIN THREESOME XD

I prefer Bolin/Eska(but it's sometimes just Desna in a dress while Eska watches from the closet.)

>the only member of Team Korra that never got a turn with Korra

>projecting this hard

>in a Korrasami thread

Pot to Kettle "You are black as hell!"

It's not one guy though. The post count reaches like 13 or 14 before it ends up either turning into another type of Avatar thread other than a Bolin circlejerk or the thread dies. So those unique IPs show that at least 13 other people decide to waste some of their time on this earth in that particular fashion.

Look out, it's a bolinfag

>Fire Nation woman
What?

We've had this thread several times now for the last few days, and every time they reach the post limit with about 100 unique posters, so it does indeed seem like there's a small group or one lone individual having a spat every single time

Cringe

Quads confirm

another cute character utterly wasted on such a terrible show

>ive felt a bond with you since S1
>that's why we were both catty bitches towards each other over Mako for btwo seasons
>Bryke retconning the commentary where they said Korra and Mako were made for each other

Kek, this is laughably bad backtracking

She's rich, successful and white. Fire nation.

Right, it's a group. One starts it. Another says that Varrick and Bolin were the best. Another can say that lavabending is cool and post a webm with lavabending. Someone will call for a fanfic. Another will mention a fanfic. That adds up; and then others come in and the thread takes on a new life as others discuss how terrible the show is or just call the whole thing shit and leave.

It's never stated directly in the show since she's a non-bender and a citizen of Republic City so it's not important but Asami is mainly descended from Fire Nation settlers in the Colonies they founded in the Earth Kingdom (which are what BECAME the United Republic) She probably has some Earth Kingdom blood too though. Really though that's probably the case for most of Republic City.

no matter what happens so idiots on Sup Forums wont like it good to know

It was painfully obvious they were trying to court the zutard audience with Makorra, and when thay failed it was painfully obvious they threw Korrasami together last second to score brownie points. Bryke was never, ever subtle about their romances until "lol hetero lenses"

Korra never had a genuine, naturally progessing relationship in the show's run

why is Kya so lewd