When did you exactly realized Red Letter Media is a bunch of liars?

They added factually wrong shit to make their points stronger
youtube.com/watch?v=jhpFsO8wUoI

What did they lie about?

They talk endlessly about how Lucas only shot stuff with the green screen, while the prequels have a lot of stuff that is practical.

Learn proper English you 3rd world faggot.

Wow, this makes the point null I guess

Digitally compositing actors onto miniature sets doesn't mean it's "real". Though I agree with the guy that a lot of people's beef with the prequels is the art direction, not necessarily the visual effects.

It does you speak!

It does. I'm sick of the shit threads that are constantly made by you 3rd world retards. Most of the Star Wars and capeshit threads are made by you morons (and it's glaringly obvious by the grammar and sentence structure in the ops).

I get you live in a shithole and getting replies on Sup Forums is the only thing you have to be proud of, but fuck off.

Shooting miniatures and then putting it on a green screen

IS STILL GREEN SCREEN.

It looks like shit because 90% of the shots with the actors looks pasted on.

The confusing stems from the fact that people don't realise RLM is an entertaiment group, the real content of their videos is scripted comedy, and that the Mike and Jay you see on camera are characters just like Plinkett. They aren't critics. They don't know anything about film. They aren't even trying to talk about film. You're watching sketches that use other entertaiment as an inspiration for jokes.

Redditsoyboy Media

>the cinema sins defense

Fuck off. RLM have never said they're entertainers or anything other than film critics. They're not formally trained but they have a good sense for what works in movies.

No they don't. They have fuck all practical work. Just look at your video.

The visual effects are terrible though and were terrible for the time.

>muh jay and mike
Kill yourself e-celeb faggots

green screen =/= CGI

>They're not formally trained
>film critics
>formally trained
>critics

>reddit cucks
ARMOND WHITE IS OUR KANG
hes literally /ourguy/. rlm have their own subreddit, their soy boy fans should fuck off there.

See, if RLM actually claim to be critics, that's a genuine lie.

>It does. I'm sick of the shit threads that are constantly made by you 3rd world retards.
But this is factually wrong.

are you retarded?

fuck Jay desu

i feel sorry for whoever made this that their life went so terribly wrong.

actually caring about star wars is so fucking gay if you're older than 20

>they would've went full cgi but at the time miniatures were still faster
hahahhahahahahahahaha

>watch video
>every shot the guys shows includes shit CGI'd in
>green screens everywhere
wow, sure showed the haters

>doesn't know how to use a computer

That's sad my man.

So because it was actors walking in front of green screens and then superimposed onto miniature sets, that invalidates their point about the movies looking super fake because it was just dudes walking in front of a bunch of green screens?

Way to fucking go, Sherlock.

So where should I go to get my PhD as a film critic?
I'd like to follow in my hero(Mike Stoklasa)'s footsteps. I've heard only the top guys get certified though.

Many people think the set is full CGI.
RLM in the reviews states that Lucas "put actors in front of the green screen to add something interesting later" while clearly there was planning for the composition.

What the fuck is wrong with RLM faggots

That's literally what happened. They put actors in front of a green screen so they were acting against nothing but empty space, then they added in stuff later. Whether it was planned stuff or not is basically fucking irrelevant.

>Your brain on RLM cock

Just say "no", kids

So how do you plan to create a scene with a giant arena?

They claimed OP isn't a faggot.

No this, Sherlock. How else can you create those scenarios. Are they supposed to build a whole space assembly line, or volcano?

I am OP think about my feeling pls

Your right, better have 6 actors stand in an empty room waving sticks around

>altright """"art""""

Hire tiny actors to work in the miniature sets.

The point is that this criticism falls flat.
The guy in the video is right. The story and character problems are the true issue, "muh CGI" is just a silly argument to make the prequels look shit from any standpoint instead of analyzing them critically but fairly.
Is a backlash of the deluded fanboy.

>were terrible for the time.
No

Yeah, many things may look digital because the art direction is a lot brighter and cleaner, which is however only natural since we're not following a ragtag rebellion , but rather a galacticwide republic. Art Direction is opinion based and it doesn't bother me, though i do admit that some scenes look cooler before the editing, like the Naboo Duel.

The Prequels are BETTER than the original trilogy. Old nostalgic Fanboys can not let themselves admit that so they've spent the last 15+ years developing every excuse they can why the Prequels are terrible films. While the Prequels have their flaws, it should be blatantly obvious that there is something there that transcend the sum of it's parts. The Prequels did not feel like exactly the same world as the OT and therefore they must always be discredited as illigitimate. Had they never been attached to the OT, they would have easily been praised as classics that created a fictional world the scope of which surpasses anything ever created on film. Search your feelings.
The movies may have failed to match your limited imagination of the star wars world you imagined from the OT before adulturated by the PT. They may fail at dialogue. They may fail with acting in parts. There may be inconsistencies in special effects quality (but so do the OT if you're being honest. It doesn't matter, these films aren't like another film. They don't need to be technically tight in whatever arbitrary criteria posed by internet critics. Film is an art and Lucas used it to give us a saga in a grand epic world. The movies are significant in ways the OT will never match. Deal with it. 20 years from now these films will still be talked about, debated, the designs will continue to inspire sci fi and fantasy. Avatar, gaudians of the Galaxy, all sorts of video games, and anime...so much of the modern art direction has been inspired because the PT was revolutionary.

Except it's not, you can tell when watching the movie that in dozens of scenes, the actors are clearly just in some warehouse walking down the same path over and over while they digitally impose the scenery in the background.
It happens over and over for hours.

They do the same thing in the OT.
You just can't allow some suspension of disbelief because you hate the PT so much you have to be petty

they built models as reference material for the CGI and sat actors in front of them to imagine what the green screen was going to look like. The models weren't actually in the movies.

This is basically taking images of the solid bust of boss nass' and saying "SEE THEY IS PRACTICAL EFFECTS NO CGIS"

>they do the same thing in the OT
>they greenscreen
>in the OT
>in 1977-1983
>greenscreen

>the OT isn't guilty of superimposing images

>OT purists

This is where one knows that Sup Forums knows jack shit about cinema

>reaching that hard
Sometimes you have to use CGI/Green screen, other times it is just plain preferable to do so. This should not be confused with using it all the time in every situation as it was in the prequels.
Take LOTR for example. Fantastic looking movies for the most part, fantastic blend of special and practical effects. Occasionally some bad CGI shows through, but you can overlook it as the bulk of the movie is done very seemlessly.
This is not the case for the prequels.

lol there is legit a dude moving pine tree branch in front of the camera

>that flat painted background
>that composition around luke
Oh but it's not an issue in the OT because we love the OT and don't nitpick the limitations

>tie fighters literally materialize from out of nowhere
>it's sooooo dense!

wtf I love the prequals now, thanks Disney

No one is saying you shouldn't use green screening when it is appropriate.
If you film your entire movie in front of green screen, as a majority of the prequels were, it shows through as substandard quality.
I don't know why you have so much trouble with this.
Does anything you've posted in this thread actually improve the quality of the scenes in the prequels? No? They still look like shit.

I can't help but notice that you started with trying to defend the prequels and then when that didn't work, you rather abruptly switched to trying to take down the OT instead.

Anyone have that webm from AOTC where the Jedi actors are swinging their laser swords around and using the force but Lucas didn't put any enemies around them.

>my face when not a SINGLE RLM fanboy KEK has EVER successfully refuted this piece of art

>those special effects

I agree with this, except I still think the OT is much better.

>didn't work
No actually I love the OT. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy and selective memory.
>switch instead
I can do both. I'm presenting more than one argument, both of which you lemmings will have a hard time disputing.

oh no no no ahahaha

>superimposing
>greenscreen

Thats what the greenscreen is for

>thanks Disney
that's not their policy, brainlet.
Part of the propaganda is that the ST is not the PT. See what J.J. stated for TFA. We know jack shit about the political situations because Mike sperged hours about a simple blockade.

pure kino