Wow, really makes you think

Wow, really makes you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spencer-locke-getting-movie-treatment-hitman-producer-1019688
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you think, it's less likely for you to be killed by one of the animals in the zoo than by one of the inmates of a common prison
HARAMBE!

It's just a joke, user. It's not a political statement.

But given that all culture has been politicized at this point I can see how younger people don't understand that, even very recently, not everything revolved around shouting your beliefs at everyone.

>It's just a joke, user.
What's the joke?

user, you cannot possibly believe this is not a stance.

>Hey animal, do you want to see animals behind bars?
>I don't know person, do you want to see people behind bars?
It's not hard to get

>not everything revolved around shouting your beliefs at everyone
How fucking DARE you!
MAGA!
MAGA!1

The kid is sympathetic to the opinion of his best friend who is a tiger. A tiger would probably see a zoo as a fucking jail because *SHOCK SHOCK* tigers are locked in cages.

You dense fucking moron. You miserable fucking idiot. You slack-jawed, mentally impared dipshit. You should have been aborted. Christ almighty your mom should have been pushed down a fucking flight of stairs as punishment for getting pregnant with you. You should have been aborted in the most traumatic way possible so that she'd be punished for her audacity in trying to bring you into this world.

There's an arc earlier in the series where they go to the zoo, see tigers in cages, and Hobbes doesn't give a shit.

The joke is that Hobbes sees the Zoo as a prison, because he is an animal.

Wow, really makes you think.

Wouldn't a zoo be seen as worse than a prison? I mean, people go to prison because they've done something wrong, and are being punished for it. Animals in a zoo are there because they got caught, or where born into captivity.

HURR DURR WHAT ABOUT DUH CANON?

Not gonna lie, that's pretty hot.

You dense motherfucker, I pity you so.

>There's an arc earlier in the series
You know you're talking about fucking Calvin and Hobbes, right?

this

You better post the rest or sauce us up user.

Where's this from?

There's not much else. It's a flashback scene. They meet in present time, but it doesn't last long.

>yfw he grows up and fucking murders her for traumatizing him

>dyed hair
>sexy broad
>named Ramona

O'Malley should sue.

No, he murders her because they killed little Suzie (who grew up to be a teacher) and then kidnapped her daughter.

>Where's this from?
>first panel says "Spencer and Locke"
>filename says "spencer_and_locke"

I think it's from Superman vs Batman but I could be wrong.

Dang, I always hoped Calvin and Suzie would be a thing.

>What was a simple joke about hobbes viewing the zoo as like a prison is now viewed as a deep political statement.

To be fair zoos ARE horrible.

For example when male elephants go into their mus/rut/whatever they become a danger to fellow elephants and handlers. Indians simply tie male elephants to trees this time of year and starve them until after a week or so they biologically shift out of it. This isn't "humane" enough for Western zoos so they instead lock male elephants into barren cement rooms for months.

In an age where everyone can see HD videos of any animal every documented zoos are obsolete and inhumane.

C&H threads are cancer

I think certain animals being in captivity isn't too much, and if it's necessary to preserve a species I think it's okay.

Honestly we should research the general sapience of animals and range them on a scale and see which ones aren't bothered by captivity to determine what's moral.

But seaworld is still hell. Most of those whales and dolphins are mentally tortured until they break and sometimes fucking murder dozens of people only for seaworld to jack them off and use their sperm to breed dozens of new orcas.

>zoo's aren't prisons
Literally Arturo the argentinian polar bear

forgot pic

>Argentina
There's your problem!

>study animals for the sole purpose of determining whether they will go insane when we lock them up
Or we could, you know, spend that money on actual research and just go to YouTube to watch HD videos of our favorite animals.

My point is if we had research we could know what animals can be kept in captivity for further research and which animals we should leave alone and research in the wild.

You could only really know that by locking animals up to begin with.

Sure, keep some naked mole rats in an oversized ant farm. They won't care. But large mammals? Just go to the internet.

I suppose that's fair.

I do think animal intelligence should be studied regardless though.

It would have been if this weren't a detective story.

What happened to Calvin's bully?

>There's an arc

He was involved with the kidnapping and got beaten until he gave up useful info

Played the role of Evander Holyfield to Spencer's Mike Tyson as a kid, grew up to run a barber shop, and after Spencer was searching the place for clues, they had a fight, he got tied up, and Spencer interrogated him by playing a round of Calvinball on his ass.

He's making kids throw away their Sparlock toys.

He got to play Calvinball.

It''s either
>dumbass doesn't get a simple joke
or
>dumbass takes a joke too seriously for no reason

This is oneof the best comic strips ever and you faggots can't discuss it properly. This is now a Spencer and Locke thread

>convictball

Why the FUCK isn't this getting more issues?

>Why the FUCK isn't this getting more issues?

Because it just started like 3 months ago. And you can only do so many issues, they already rotated the entire cast, the only person remaining is Calvins dad.

it's ending in the fourth issue though. Or at least that's what I thought

I wish we could more of Joker & Lex in the Justice league ongoing. It would salvage the series

>I used to imagine I was a superhero or a spaceman

But that's completely normal for every single kid.

i want lorefags to leave

>gets proven wrong
>B-B-B-BUT!!!! WAAAAAAHH
Grow up.

ok where can i read this

I'm still wondering how he made it to detective even though he's compcrazy

Jesus I used to fucking love seaworld then I saw blackfish and realized how fucking awful it is plus the park itself is garbage second rate Disney world that's tries to hard with shitty rides

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spencer-locke-getting-movie-treatment-hitman-producer-1019688

I think he meant a series of strips that looked like they occurred back-to-back.

>someone's actually looking at this for a movie

will they keep the /ss/ though?

I heard that too. The last one comes out next week. It's being optioned for a movie, apparently

So is this protected under parody or something? I don't know if Bill Waterson is a stickler for copyright or something, but I'm starting to wonder at what point this just becomes hijacking the characters for another story entirely

Don't you think Watterson would sue if it got to that point?

Since Spencer is a portion of his psyche, he actually does have some pretty good CSI skills. Plus his city is a shithole, there's probably worse in his department

Dude, you're throwing a hissy fit about fucking calvin and hobbes canon. That's fucking retarded. And you should be treated like a retard for doing it.

Spencer and Locke is fucking great

canonfags are wastes of flesh.

If he felt that it was worth going into court against movie execs that can hire lawyers to get a ruling that the sky is a constant shimmering rainbow color, he just might.

Also Calvin and Hobbes, obviously

Right?

>argentinian

Of course.

Rough parodies aren't illegal, all the characters are original too.

>I don't know if Bill Waterson is a stickler for copyright or something
>Bill Waterson
>Stickler for copyright

My question is: how would the movie handle the flashbacks? Child actors, some kind of animated segment?

>"Here is my stance on an issue"
>"No shut up youre wrong"
>"youre an idiot"
>"no youre an idiot"

This is how shitty the state of discussion is on this website

>you have no empathy, user!
>also you don't deserve to live and your mom should've been crippled
A contrarian's logic, everyone.

I can't tell what I'm actually looking at in the second to last panel. Is anyone else having trouble making out the things in the foreground, or am I just retarded?

Why does the boy have this view in the first place? Is he secretly a furryfag?

I believe it her taking off her shirt.

>staying at home and watching videos on your computer is better than seeing things personally in real life

Kids these days

You're too nearsighted to see what's really going on. By the time Seaworld's directors have grown their own army of psychotic killer whales it will be too late.

It's her left shoulder and arm as she's removing her long-sleeved button shirt.

Ypu can't copyright fucking imaginary friends. You think he has the power to sue Arthur? Or Ed Edd n Eddie or The Sims??

Oh my god! I need rule 34 of adult Calvin immediately! I'm gonna fap sooooo hard, you don't know!

>N-NO, I'M NOT WRONG!!!!!

>not even C&H is safe anymore
Can you fall any lower?

Yes. Throw a temper tantrum. That's sure to make you look like a cognizant adult.

It makes me sad. And it only started in earnest over the last year or so from what I've seen.

It's like when /o/ finally turned on the Maclaren F1. The only car about which we could reach any sort of consensus. The only car no one would shitpost about. But that was years ago.

And I misspelt McLaren. But who really cares anymore.

>there are c&h fans who think this is good

kek

Yes, it is. Sam reason sports event attendance is going down. You get a better perspective of what is going on from the comfort of your own home.

>the tHOT get sHOT