How many times has Batman lied about "not killing"?

How many times has Batman lied about "not killing"?

Batman killed all the time in the golden age of comics, he even used guns often.

Burp. Against guns not killing.

By raising money for war bonds, is Batman complicit in the deaths of enemy soldiers during WW2?

Should be noted only earth 1 batman doesn't kill.
Only Earth 2 and b and injustice and post crisis.

Earth b killing.

Earth 2

Nu52 Batman and rebirth man only kills if it's alien or robot.

Post crisis to pre flashpoint only kills if he has to. Meaning darksied trying to fuck it up.

>his ears are literally a foot tall

>Batman killed all the time in the golden age of comics, he even used guns often.
>used guns often
This is a common misconception, while it's true Batman was often drawn with a handgun on the covers, that's cuz they were still using The Shadow covers for reference.

Batman DID kill a lot in 1939-1940, but it was usually by tossing thugs off roofs mid-fight, the occasional strangulation or neck-breaking. The only time he used a handgun to shoot someone was when he shot The Monk and Dala with silver bullets, and in The Monster Men when he (albeit reluctantly) used the Batplane's mounted machine guns.

It was post crisis, he even attempted to kill kgb beast and people in the cult book.

Dude just hates guns.

Earth 1 was no kill to the max for both supes and bats.

Flash broke zooms neck though.

You guys know most of these were supposed to be the exceptions to the no-kill rule and it just got overdone to the point that the no-kill rule was virtually non-existent.

Not really.

When you read much as I, you see there's different rules for every Batman.

The new neal adams universe has him killing when he wants.

>It was post crisis, he even attempted to kill kgb beast and people in the cult book.
Those were both just Jim Starlin being a bad writer, though.

I wish more people on Sup Forums cared about creators and less about characters.

m8 I've been reading and collection Batman comics since I could read and collect Batman comics. I stand by what I said.

Eh no. Morrison had Batman kill darksied.

Post crisis batman had no killing the insane or people you can diffuse easy or non violent villians.

Personal exceptions are just nothing. None in the golden age are exceptions. He just waned off and retired.

They have different moral codes for different eras and universe.

The never fully kills rule is earth 1 and cartoons and alt realities when applied.

Like with most comics, there are so many stories that it should all basically be treated as apocryphal.

New 52 sucked because they either erased things entirely or tried to make it fit in a nonsensical five year timeframe. Unless you're telling a specific story set in the past or another universe, everything from the last 80 years is canon

But he was lying. He turned the sense I into a baby.

He just made it look like he killed him to scare the Arkhangelsk inmates.

Most things aren't canon. And none of the killings of earth 2 happended on earth 1. Even if Earth 1 batman did wore earth 2 version first costume.

Even oost crisis threw out stuff or added in.

Nu52 has no humanoid murders.

I also don't count earth 2 bat man as earth 1 batman. But Earth 1 batman was morphed into post crisis Batman.

Earth 2 batman ceased to exist post crisis, from his jsa adventures to the times he killed.

Hypertime exists outside the main universe.

Tell this to Grant Morrison.

The canon is whatever suits the story. With Morrison or King, everything is canon. With Scott Snyder, only what he likes fapping to is canon.

There's batmen who do kill, and some that don't. No one killed as much as earth 2 though.

The Earth 1 batman I grew up with never killed.

Morrison still didn't put everything in. His batman never killed. Batmite was a dream instead of actual imp.

Everything is canon if it's fits that is. Even before morrison got on the book, it wasn't. Morrison had to invent up ways to make non canon fit.

Naw man, even in Batman #4 which is as Golden Age/Earth-2 as it gets, he explicitly mentions having a no-killing code. Does this make him a hypocrite? I dunno, I just think of it as the writers playing fast and loose with the character as they defined him and not expecting people to still be reading those first few stories decades later.

I know. I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying that the canon is whatever fits the story at hand. Putting stories into compartments to make a neat timeline is fine, but ultimately it stops making sense after a long enough time.

>Batmite was a dream instead of actual imp.
You have far too limited a mind to understand Morrison if you think being imaginary and being an "actual" 5D imp are mutually exclusive.

Imagination IS the Fifth Dimension, you silly billy.

That's why I said waned off killing. Still isn't exceptions. It's a man changing his own moral code.

I have books made in the 80's saying earth 2 batman used to kill but gave up. In the note boxes.

Here is Batman giving Green Arrow a pep talk about how sometimes you kick a man off a building and he dies, move on.

Nah. There's a difference from hard magic imp and what you're saying.

That's not the point anyway. The point he was brininging things post crisis deemed silly andvtrying to fit it in without being silly.

Like zur en arrh who went from actual alien to nit existing to dream of batmans.

Not mocking but it's different.

With all the countless thugs he beats into unconsciousness or submission, you'd think at SOME point now and then his punches would cross the fine line between nose-breaking and killing blow, or that one of the goons would fall badly onto the hard ground and break something terminally, even if Bats didn't notice

Thing is comics in general aren't really realistic. And DC was built on escapism much more than Marvel.

Depends. Dc rebirth already has a hard canon for batman.

Anything that don't fit won't be used.

If you missed anything not restored blame Dan Didio.

He doesn't like post crisis characters.

>Nah. There's a difference from hard magic imp and what you're saying.
Not according to Grant Morrison. His chaos magic beliefs inform pretty much everything he writes man, the idea that the imaginary/fictional exists. He leaves it up to readers because he doesn't care to overexplain, but really it makes sense that Bat-Mite would get involved around Batman RIP, especially since saving Batman was essential to stopping Darkseid from threatening ALL reality in FC.

Why does Batman put guns on every vehicle he owns but still claims to hate guns?

Those aren't HIS guns, they're his CAR'S guns, duh.

He comes off as a hypocrite and imo uses excuses like that to mask his secret inner desire and urge to kill desu

Does Batman ever shoot at people with his grapple gun?

Technically Superman killed darkseid bats just poisoned him with the bullet

>Eh no. Morrison had Batman kill darksied.
He said it was a "once in a lifetime exception". That said, you could argue it still doesn't count because Darkseid 1) was an archetypal embodiment of Evil more than a person, 2) had become one with Anti-Life by that point, like how do you kill the opposite of life? And 3) Darkseid was already "dead" because of the off-panel Twilight of the New Gods, Final Crisis was just him trying to drag the universe screaming into oblivion with him.

This too, he even shot him in the shoulder, poisoning Darkseid but saving Daniel Turpin (his human host).

I guess it ultimately is the most sensible conclusion to how modern gritty versions of Batman manage to maintain his code.

They only count it if it is deliberate and do everything in their power to prevent it. But chances are, someone's ended up dead from a one-two punch from Batman. Just statistically.

That's pretty unsatisfying though.

I forget did New 52 Earth 2 Batman kill at all (Bruce not Thomas)? Aside from Parademons I mean

>Injustice
He doesn't kill in Injustice

That's not Batman. I own that comic. The plot of the comic is there's a dude dressed as Batman going around killing criminals.

i like them

What the fuck is that ship supposed to be?

To the point that he'll called out Superman and Co for killing Parademons.

Even some heroes on his side thought he was being stupid at that point.

He snapped jokes neck.

I hope so, dead nazis are best nazis

Nope, in fact, killing is the reason he rejected his father when he learned that he was alive.

Both N52 E2 Superman and E2 Batman, aside from the set up necessary for Powergirl and Huntress, were more like the Post-Infinite Crisis versions of themselves than the actual Earth-2 versions.