ITT: Pages that trigger you

I'll start

Obligatory.

who wrote that piece of shit?

Is it because that guy is someone's self-insert?

Next page has Surfer reveal that he was trying to have Panther spill the beans before escaping the hold

I need context.

Which just makes Panther look like an idiot for thinking he can hold a god.

Dwayne McDuffie believe it or not

Wait.
Is that Brevoort?

Artist error. Surfer was supposed to look unamused or annoyed, not in pain.

Is that Mega Tony?

You knew it was coming.

>Fat nerd knows Peter's secret ID and offers to be his sidekick

We have come full circle.

I'm pretty sure this was from when Aunt May was dying.
>Peter tells the world he's Spider-Man
>May gets shot by someone trying to kill Peter
>Peter brings her to the hospital under a fake name so she won't be targeted again
>Asks that guy to take extra special care on her and make sure no one suspicious goes near her

The Moon Girl speech from America. Not just the speech, but the panel where a girl turns to America and says "See? I told you she was good"

Talk about the most self congratulatory soap boxes in comics. The Gabby uses Moon Girl to say how "The rules are put on us so white boys can get away with everything" and "If I so smart at a young age, why can't I vote?" It's so self centered and egotistical that I don't even think Gabby herself has deeply thought about this. If we have kids vote cause high IQ, then what is the barrier IQ to start letting kids vote? What about kids who are unable to get access to that information or in poorer schools? Wouldn't politicians who promise more candy to the kids manipulate hem more? And then the follow the rules shit. You're so naive to believe that rules were put in place just to keep "the poor minorities down"? Like, sure, that could be the case in some instances, but to broadly say that even rules your parents put on you are just so that more privileged people can take advantage?

Like, America is so bad and gross to the point that I don't even save pages from that book, but the Moon Girl speech thing got me mad the most because it's the writer rewarding herself for her own ignorance.

Obligatory post

Bunn's pitch for the two to be partners would've been so much better

I thought Lobo was basically immortal.

This is possibly the worst way to die, sweet Jesus

Sup Forums had a collective anxiety attack for weeks because of this

What was it?

Alright, this is understandable then. 90% of the point of his secret identity is to protect Aunt May anyway.

We've seen him die, become a ghost, then regenerate. So, I'd say yes.

Avengers Arena. Essentially, after this long running cult book, Avengers Academy, ended, it was turned into a Hunger Games book, where Arcade kidnapped 20 teen heroes, including kids from Avengers Academy, the Runaways, and some others, and just unceremoniously killed a lot off. Mettle, who was a fan favorite and one of the top two best characters in the book it switched between him and Hazmat was blown up in the first issue of Arena to show how "Real" it was.

It was really fucking shitty.

Fuck. In-universe he got blown up literally right after he finally banged Hazmat too. And then Hazmat's fate was to be paired with Hopeless's shitty self-insert OC

This is still so amazingly stupid.

Oh, and this was on Christmas Eve, and they even play off a joke on Hazmat's expense where Deathlockette flamethrowered Hazmat RIGHT AFTER METTLE BLEW UP!

GOD DAMN, I'M GETTING WORKED UP AGAIN!

I'd managed to burn this fucketry for my mind. Thanks for reminding me Marvel killed off one of it's few good new characters for no god damned reason.

Fucking really? Is Panther just the Sphinx from Mystery Men now? Like maybe I could buy it if he had some kind of magnetic thing that fucked with the mechanisms or whatever, but they're all SPECIFICALLY using revolvers.

What did it do to their poorly drawn revolvers?

But why.... how... shouldn't they have....

FUCK.

Remember folks, getting married makes Peter Parker too old, but running an international tech giant doesn't.

Because reasons.

My jimmies have yet to recover from this rustling. Fucking Bendis.

Look its Fakebo.

He doesn't have a secret identity when May gets shot.

This is a total waist of a page, ink, and everyone's time.

Oh, let's bring it further.

Marvel killed Avengers Academy and the New X-Men, but they only care about two Young Avengers now (Kate Bishop and America Chavez) because of one page, (You're not as straight as you think), and somehow, fucking QUENTIN QUIRE is the most consistently used X-Men Kid outside the Original 5.

It wasn't about being young, it's about distancing Peter from the real world. The High School stuff is cause the writers want to feel nostalgic over youth, the grown up business stuff is how they distance themselves from their own lives.

This is only acceptable as part of some running gag of Black Panther talking about shit Wakanda has invented that they've kept a secret. The joke of course would die while they're in a hospital and see a cancer patient walk past them and he talks about how Wakanda is keeping the cure for cancer for themselves.

You know what bothers me the worst about this page? There are so many comic fans I meet in real life who want this page to happen in Avengers: Infinity Wars.

Like, they really think RDJ will go all "FACIAL HAIR BROS!" God, what did Bendis sell to the Devil to make idiots love his work so much?

So Wakandians are Harry Potter wizards that can stop the chemical process involved in generating an explosion that propels a bullet?

yeah all that was about making him iron man lite. That was the last issue I bought.

>And then Hazmat's fate was to be paired with Hopeless's shitty self-insert OC
Speaking of.

Everything about it is immensely stupid. It doesn't even look like a good hold.

He sold his fans

Obligatory.
Context: Ult. Pyro used to be a good guy and surprisingly not an asshole despite being one of the X-Men. Hell, according to Cable he had a heroic future. (that probably got retconned, but still)
Then Loeb comes in and this happens. There was no explanation, nothing preceding it that would make any sense of it, it just happened out of blue.

Doesn't Thor come and save her immediately after this page?

Why is it that Loeb and Bendis got so much fan power? Like, how did they always get the top artists and shot up the charts so fast?

We got a bit of a parody out of it

He'll be back.

Why would you draw the first panel in a way that makes it look like the plane is crashing?

Then its stupid for making BP look retarded.

I remember coming back to Sup Forums around the time that Hazmat was being waifu'd pretty hard, but left a bit after. This really sucks to hear that a good cast was just fucked over like that. I'm sorry I asked the question, it reminds me of how wasted the potential that comic book writing has, really is.

That just makes me angry. If it was done Ex Machina style, it would be one thing, but revolvers, seriously?

It really is a disgrace to good comic writing.

Even if he was fake Lobo I'd prefer him over this generic trash.

Carol looks visibly jealous right there, my god just fuck already

Is it the new Moon girl comic?

I hate moon girl in general. Self preaching way to much.

>implying it was one page
I fucking swear it was at least 2 of that single goddamn panel alone. Fuuuuuucking Bendis.

Yeah, no shit, I gotta staple down my inner potato to keep it from goin full tard rage on those idiots. The MCU characters are quippier, I guess, but they're not goddamn slobbering morons.

This is re-fuckin-tarded on the level of those freebatch loonies that ship thunderbolt and strange, except much more jimmy-rustlingly awful because there's a remote chance it'll end up in the movie, and fffffuuuuuuck thaaattttttt

>still crossing fingers for someone to say "No shit, Sherlock" somewhere though

Well, him, Rockslide and Glob Herman

you faggots are literally cancer, go away take your shit hero with you.

See the easy thing to get mad about is the waste of a page this is, but Im kind of triggered by the out of character Stark here

I want a sherlock joke between tony and strange myself so I can't complain too much

>>still crossing fingers for someone to say "No shit, Sherlock" somewhere though
>someone says no shit sherlock
>both tony and strange look
all
i want

Nope. Someone appeared in her mind (If I remember right, Loki) and she woke up.
If I recall correctly, Loeb was Quesada's friend and Marvel's editorial is non-existent.

>implying they're not both exceedingly out of character

>no dumping sign

>Multiple Spider-man pages have been posted
>but not the holy grail of rage

you guys are losing your touch

Maybe we're just tired of remembering.

He is, I think Larfleeze has Nubo and classic Lobo is currently with the JLA for some reason.

go fuck yourself

wow, dobson is really improving.

TELL ME ABOUT SPIDEY

That's not the Dobson version though.

Also Mastermind was dead

Wrong. When he brought aunt may to the hospital after getting shot a doctor did cover for him, but he guessed Peter's identity and he didn't quip about it.

I'm laffin!

How long has she been a dyke for by the way?

>Big-mouth
I'm confused, is Captain America actually one of those kindergarten students?

I was personally a fan of Juston sue me, I got fond of the little Iron Giant ripoff and it was so shitty having to sit through the long wats between issues hoping he'd survive, and then Hopeless gets one of his OCs to just break his neck, with the Sentinel bro not having done a thing the entire book.

Great art though. It's so weird to see a woman drawn in an attractive manner these days.

Gabby can't help it, it runs in her blood. Even her own mother is a fucking doormat that didn't even teach her children Spanish and probably enabled that whole "we r oppressed!!!" mentality into her

Bendis has a writing style that appeals to lowest common denominator snarky millennials that watch Big Bang Theory. He's basically the new Joss Whedon.

What's wrong with this? Lucifer's always had daddy issues, but he was never shown as wanting God dead.

for Jess? since 1981

The America Chavez one where instead of an extradimensional god hero thing, she's a spicy latina that don't take no shit from no white boys, going to college with quirky friends with nonidealized bodies and dyed hair.

Source?

>forgetting the "I never made them do anything" speech
Really, nigga?

The speech in Sandman
1/2

and the remake from the last issue of Lucifer
2/2
Lucifer was also given the chance to "kill" God at the end of the book, and he rejected it

I was pretty bummed by this too. Such wasted potential in regards to a lot of characters. I didn't give a fuck about the runaways or the bloodstone or whatever the fuck kids.

1/2