Why is everyone a jerk to him?

Why is everyone a jerk to him?

Because he's a co-dependent pile of refuse who is desperate for attention and acceptance, but so selfish and socially maladjusted that only the dregs of society will even tolerate him.

People who have had to put up with an Owl see the character for what he is, one of those clingy bottom feeders who function just highly enough that you might lend them your ear out of sympathy, but they become totally dependent black holes who constantly demand your attention and support while offering less than nothing in return. And if you protest they just try to guilt you into pitying them harder.

If you think Owl did nothing wrong, then you've either been blessed by never having met one irl, or you fucking are one and should be hit with a car.

Literally end of thread.

to get him to move out

He is a fucking cuck beta orbiter who keeps hanging out with literal trash because he can't handle interacting with the real world.
I feel sympathy for him just because everyone else is even more pathetic.

He's a wiener.

>he can't handle interacting with the real world
That's going a bit far. He seemed like he would have done OK at that job if Megg and Mogg hadn't sabotaged him. Or working at his dad's friend's store if he hadn't been stupid enough to take drugs less than 12 hours before starting work. That was his fault but "can't deal with the real world" it isn't.

part of dealing with the real world is not doing retarded shit

FPBP

But OP, he finally learns better and ditches all the fake friends he has in the world and strikes out on his own.

>megahex's ending
>he just moves back in later

but

but why

I don't think that's true, actually. The timeline is kind of weirdly laid out but I think that's supposed to be the end of "Megg, Mogg, and Owl" and where "Megg's Coven" is going to start off from.

Owl is the type of guy that has a bunch of useless friends that use him, but he's too kind hearted to sever the relationship and just repeatedly lets them do it again and again.

Megahex's ending is one of the last strips in MMO's timeline (i think the latest is the xmas zine one where werewolf jones dies).
The other strips are more like expansion packs.

owls mistake is trying to be something he is not
say wathever you want about the others, they are clearly comfortable in their shitty lives.
He wants his life to be like a tv show wich is something i can symapthise with, him trying to fuck meg during her fight with mogg really shows he is no better than the rest

he's fucking owl

>still no storytime of OMY

>he's too kind hearted
owl detected
he isnt kind hearted, he is weak and scared of having to measure himself up to functional people
running around trying to fix megg and moggs shit at least gives him an excuse and he gets to feel like the one good guy in the group wich is really what he craves even if its at the cost of his self esteem
seriously havent you ever seen someone who has half his shit together hang around losers? how do you figure out that happens?

Some strips from it got storytimed the other night.

The waterpark strip is easily one of the funniest things MMO has put out.

that weird feeling when you realized you were like this for a while, and the only way to get out of it is to be okay with yourself and stuff.

>nobody goes to the hospital to make sure Owl is okay
>Mogg gets left at the waterpark
>Megg cheats on Mogg by fucking WW Jones and Booger in front of WW Jones kids.

>the rape arc

>rape scented candle

yeah it was pretty hilarious

Owl's in "Xmas 2017", but I'm pretty sure it's getting re-done sometime for a "canon" version, though.

But the others are clearly not dealing with aging well, even just into their 30s. WWJ is so comfortable being a 20-something douche that he ends up killing himself because he can't be that anymore.

for some reason i love this strip

yeah, i realized that owl's on xmas 2017.

I like it when it goes full-comedy, like in "Ramraids", but I guess it's because they're fairly rare.

Because he's not a nice person.

Matt, I know you're out there. It's you.

"Owl, we are going to DO you"

Ram Raids was great.

angery

I hate being owl. Has anyone ever successfully stopped being Owl? If so, how?

Move out you retard.

Fuck

Do you think his main problem is his friends/roommates?
I think he would be just as shitty somewhere else. He needs a deep change.

Getting away from the bad influence, the parasitism, and the "at least I'm better than them" crutch is the first step.

It's okay. You got a hell of a lot better.
I'm proud of you, man.

Agreed, Megg and Mogg have sabotaged all of Owl's attempts at independence. Yes he's a whiny bitch, but that doesn't excuse fucking him over to the point where he can't leave.

Owl's a shitty person, but Megg and Mogg are outright toxic. They do everything in their power to keep Owl from being a decent person and actively bring out his inner demons whenever possible.

No one deserves to live with megg and mogg and god help the soul that does.

>>>/reddit/