How come they never made a super hero from the ghetto?

How come they never made a super hero from the ghetto?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/ghostface-killah-comic-interview-matthew-rosenberg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Luke Cage doesn't count?

Luke Cage
Static
Blade
Miles Morales
There's even more if you count characters that aren't just black.
There are more ghetto superheroes than Canadian superheroes in Marvel/DC.

Well no one cares about leafs

Was blade really a ghetto super hero though?

> no one cares about Wolverine
Try again.

Little black kid with no parents having to steal to survive? Fuck yes he is.

wolverine is played by an aussie.

Who?

>Sup Forums.

Who cares?

>No one cares about Wolverine or Deadpool
Shit, man, you've got a real world-class case of retarded going on.

That has literally no bearing on the fact that Wolverine is Canadian.

>OP doesn't know about Blankman or Meteor Man
Go educate yourself.

isn't Gotham a giant ghetto?

there's abandoned shit everywhere and the life conditions are just bad.

Yes, but Bruce Wayne is rich.

Because some nigga from ghetto would use his powers to defend his friends and/or family, putting him in confrontation with other parts of society.

I dunno, all I was thinking was that in the late 80's early 90's gangster rap was taking off and becoming popular with the youth.

They were making movies about coming of age in the ghetto back in the 90's.

I just thought this trend would have also resulted in the creation of some ghetto comic book characters to capitalise on the trend.

How many came from the 90's and late 80's?

If anything ghetto stories are over-represented because it is too American. There are slums in other nations but they are not the same as American ones. Still, I am not going to blame Americans wanting to tell stories about America. This is normal and everyone does that. You write about what you know.

Static Shock and Blood Syndicate were created in the 90s.

Which ghetto? If you mean the classic late 80s, early 90s setting of South Central LA, then no I don't think they ever did. They usually come from New York, Philly, or Chicago.

Literally Milestone Comics

Hmm..

Reminds me of hancock for some reason.

I came in to mention Meteor Man but forgot all about Blankman. So kudos.

Since when.do niggers ever contribute to anything?

They contributed to the creation of comic books.

Music

sport

epic

I didn't know running from police and tribal grunting was considered contributing.

Now you're just makin shit up.

I know Jerry Lawson invented video game cartridges and anyone who likes video games owe him one.

>How many came from the 90's and late 80's?

Rap, especially gangster rap, was still seen as something of an edgy and taboo thing in the late 80s and early 90s, it was a scary thing that not just everybody listened to

It wasn't until the late 90s and early 00s that it started to become part of mainstream America truly, and by that point it was on its last legs as new styles began to take over, probably the biggest artists from that era who had any connection to the gangster rap of the earlier years were Eminem and 50 Cent, both of which had comic books ironically

>Black man creates a gaming console
>It doesn't work

Who didn't see THAT shit coming?

You didn't read anything typed.

He invented video game cartridges and assisted with the creation of the Channel F as an engineer, dumb ass.

Either way the Channel F got an F so it was doomed from the start

No no, he said niggers

Not respectable darkies

wrong

I know this is a bait thread, but Jack Kirby came from the ghetto. So did a lot of his contemporaries. Kirby literally fought his way out of extreme poverty by becoming an artist, despite having only the most minimal of formal training.

If we're talking about straight-up exploitation, nobody's mentioned Vibe yet. Stereotypical latino ganger with "hip" lingo, breakdance powers and came from the street.

Plenty of ghetto superheroes out of the Big 2, but not one specifically from Compton, now that I think about it.

Wonder if a super from there could help unify the Bloods and Crips into one supergang.

Speaking of Kirby, the Thing would count as "from the ghetto", I'd think.

A literal ghetto.
«Ghetto is a Venetian word.
Ghetto was originally used in Venice to describe the part of the city to which Jews were restricted and segregated but the term has since been applied in various contexts.»

>wrong
Wrong how?

Gangster rap was hugely controversial in the days it was actually going on, the rap that was mainstream was shit like the Fresh Prince, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer

Marvel alone has created so many "ghetto hoodrat who decides to do the right thing and suits up" who emerged from or relocated to NYC that they probably outnumber the superheroes from any other one state in 616.

Victor Stone (Cyborg) and John Stewart (Black Green Lantern) came from Detroit, so...

Was Static from the ghetto? I know his place had frequent assholes and gang members... and racists... and riots... holy fuck, I was a stupid kid.

I'll admit I know nothing about either character, but Detroit isn't exactly the city wide slum it's made out to be if the only thing you know about it are news stories, especially not in the past when those characters were probably invented

In the past it was just more of a "working mans" state, yes lots of blacks , but the main trait of Detroit was being blue collar, not exactly "ghetto". Just playing devil's advocate here.

>why do comics never do X?
>"Comics do X literally all the fucking time"
>nah, they need to do it again, in a new book, and I won't read that one either

>"Yo, is there any characters in comics from the ghetto."
>Points out most, if not all, the black characters

Are there any good favela superheros? tfw no BOPE man

Since this is a tv thread
Meteor Man

Yancy Street is a fictionalized version of the slums where Kirby grew up, yes.

How is it a bait thread?

Because Biggie made millions of dollars in the early 90's.

You don't earn millions if nobody is buying your music.

More on this?

Had no idea about this.

>what are heroes for hire?

I dunno about the comic, I assume it was worse, but in the show he went to a school that was close enough to the ghetto that being in a gang was almost a mandatory thing.

blacks have no capacity for empathy

10/10 meme edgefag

Also gangster rap was so popular that even vanilla ice rapped about guns.

>Miles Morales
Since when is he from the ghetto?

i'm black and empathetic as fuck. most blacks i know are

Superior superhero coming through. He's literally ghetto batman

Rap was popular before hardcore hip hop became a thing. I don't know why you think it was edgy or taboo

>the rap that was mainstream was shit like the Fresh Prince, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer

Before them there was Run DMC, Fat Boys, Kool Moe De, MC Lyte, Salt -n- Pepper, fat boys, world class wrecking crew. Then there was kid -n- play and so on.

I reckon it's because people don't recognise New York living. He lives in a flat doesn't he? Well his parents did before he went to that college.

>Rap was popular before hardcore hip hop became a thing. I don't know why you think it was edgy or taboo
It was as edgy and taboo as metal was, NWA was put int the same category of "degenerate criminal music" as WASP and Cannibal Corpse

There was an attempt to ban all of that stuff, it didn't work

Early rap was associated with the punk scene, hard to believe, but it was. It was counter culture shit, these days rap IS the culture.

But nobody actually viewed Vanilla Ice as gangster rap

Miles don't count. He was created at a time when NYC is cleaning up the ghettos and most poor blacks are fleeing to LI, NJ, or PA.

Because that would be gross

NWA wasn't anywhere near the average rap group when they came out. Before they came out, most rap groups either made dance music or conscientious music.

Public enemy made hardcore hi-hop before NWA came around but their music wasn't actually glorifying crime or boasting about violence. Most rappers were like sir-mix-alot, not NWA.

Source: I listened to rap before NWA came out.

What's the difference between the Fat Boys and the fat boys?

So real it hurts.

Posting a never was comic from Wu-tang

Blade is from London you racist

Robbie Reyes from recent memory.

Would Daredevil count? Didn't he come up in Hell's Kitchen, which is kind of a shitty part of town?

The end

comicsalliance.com/ghostface-killah-comic-interview-matthew-rosenberg/

Yeah, the London ghetto.

I don't get your question

i forget the Top Cow pitch that won a poll vote. It never got made but I remember Warren Ellis or someone with big enough name putting support behind it while most of Sup Forums wanted to support some autist who walks around her neighborhood at night thinking she's a superhero and fixing tires in exchange for dildos

Wow, I forgot about that contest. Nothing came of that?

Cyborg is certainly not from the ghetto. I don't think Steel is either. Obviously not Black Panther. Falcon wasn't until the world's stupidest retcon, which everyone else has subsequently ignored.

A guy from the ghetto with powers would use them to murder rival gangs or rob stores, not help people.

you listed them twice and he doesn't want to let you get away with it

not many people remember wolverine was born a little black kid with no parents having to steal to survive in the ghetto