Paranatural

In which Zack doesn't know how to draw explosions do he makes it into a lame joke instead.

>That explosion
>Zack'sWristAfterDrawingHalfAPanel.jpg

That explosion is so unfunny and incongruous with the rest of the comic it hurts.

>The heal slug joins in

jesus did they really just physically assault a teacher in the middle of the hallway

you are all expelled

>Greg Land breaks down in tears upon witnessing the true strength of incorporating google image search into the creative process

WHERE'S THE BACKGROUND, MORRISON!?

>Backgrounds finally make a permanent comeback
>They're all stock landscape images Zack found on Google

Fuck off Fun Nazi

So he's emulating Hussie.

the fuck

>Slug
Come on now

PJ failing to do the hand thing correctly is cute.

Would still love to see some backgrounds though.

>Rather than drawing things he now Googles them and passes it off as a joke

Oh my fucking GOD

Jesus fuck. Remember when Paranatural was even slightly respectable? This page is Youtube Poop tier.

I'm sure one of his friends told him this was very funny and clever.

Too bad there's absolutely no context for the "joke" to thrive in.

I honestly don't see a way this chapter end without the AC being expelled.

So it's like 17776?

He lives in an echo chamber on Twitter, he must think he's a webcomic genius.
>210 likes

Cool, it's the Berserk anime.

>This panel was very fun to draw

Oh I get it: he he only had to draw half of it it saves his precious wrist and therefore was "fun."

That explosion made me cringe.

Savage

Why is there even an explosion?

The top half of this page is everything wrong with modern Paranatural. The bottom half however has elements of why people actually liked Paranatural to begin with.

This page reminded me of how much I missed PJ

Progress.

Honestly, I'm only bothering with this comic anymore because I'm waiting for the reveal that Max's dad is a "sorcerer", whatever that means in this comic.

For me, random explosions only work for me when the blast actually comes from something that could explode (cars, computers etc.). Humans aren't one of those things.

The moment I see some hot lightning-on-bat action, is the moment I'll let go of this mess.

Until some crazy executive wants to adapt it, to which I come back and say NOT SO FAST

Twitter has a lot of teenagers, you know this right? Easily impressionable. It's possible they can make up most of the readership there.

Screw the readers, if my doctor tells me I need to take a rest, I'll take a rest. Better to halt work now and heal rather than have some everlasting damage that will ruin your dreams even further.

I think Zack was trying to emulate SpongeB-nope, nope, SpongeBob takes pl acein a deep marine environment where there's the likelihood of seamines....this is cringe-inducing.

The moment I see some hot lightning-on-bat action, is the moment I'll let go of this mess.

Until some crazy executive wants to adapt it, to which I come back and say NOT SO FAST

Twitter has a lot of teenagers, you know this right? Easily impressionable. It's possible they can make up most of the readership there.

Screw the readers, if my doctor tells me I need to take a rest, I'll take a rest. Better to halt work now and heal rather than have some everlasting damage that will ruin your dreams even further.

I think Zack was trying to emulate SpongeB-nope, nope, SpongeBob takes place in a deep marine environment where there's the likelihood of seamines....this is cringe-inducing considering the comic's genre.

>2012
Jesus

kinda preaching to the choir but i just need to get this out
i don't dislike the google image pasting in the first panel just because it's taking pre-existing images from the internet
it's just that this has not been in line with paranatural's style at all. paranatural, for its entire run time has been just a regular, traditional kind of comic. nothing really experimental, no avant garde shit. no multimedia use. just drawings. so this just feel INCREDIBLY out of place. there's no set up for it. zack did not establish this kinda thing in the "language" of his work, if that makes sense. it's like having a normal, english conversation and randomly using the word "plurblesnarf" in the middle of it, no one will know what the fuck you're talking about.
like says, but hussie actually did it well. since the fourth page, very very early, hussie established this element of homestuck's style (with john's movie posters, and later more overtly with his living room). and hussie was very clever with his use of preexisting images, with a few neat tricks he managed to make incredibly beautiful panels. in zack's case, it just looks like he wanted to make a stupid joke without realizing how much it cheapened the entire work surrounding it.