X-Men thread

Can we have a nice X-Men and mutants related thread?
What's your favorite X-book right now?
Who is your favorite character?
Who is your waifu?
And who's your favorite writer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2sTHCP3q12w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who are the quintessential X-Men in terms of the team itself, other than Prof. X?

Doesn't have to be a set team or number, I'm aware X-Men are a particularly character-loaded franchise. But don't let it extent on or on.

Professor X, Magneto, Cyclops and Wolverine are the only quintessential ones.

Jean not, because X Men is better when she is dead, and she was dead much of the 80s, and most of this century.

Storm would have been super quintenssential until the 90s, she was the leader of the XMen for much of the 80s, their best period, but she hasnt been written well in decades.

tier 1
Professor X, Cyclops, Wolverine
Tier 2
Storm
Tier 3
Jean, Emma, Beast, Rogue
tier 4 (nice to have around but not a lot of character development)
Psylocke, Colossus, Wolverine, Magik, Nightcrawler

Who thought bringing the O5 to our time was a good idea?

Bendis

Magik is on your list but not Kitty?

Go away Benids nobody likes her.

Bendis if you're reading can you please take her back. I bet she can be a great Defender or Goldballs teacher. She can go back to space if you want. Just take her away from my X-Books.

I forgot about her
I agree with him in that I dont understand why Marvel writers think X Men fans have a craving of seeing her glorified as a Mary Sue leader.

Magik is the superior choice user.

i'm worried about my x-babies

Don't worry, the inhumans gas will end them very soon.

>tfw it's current year and you are still dead, despite the power of resurrection and the ability to prompt reactions from fans and haters alike

But her younger self is alive.

I hate young Jean. I liked old Jean, but I think resurrecting her for X Factor was a mistake, doing that basically ruined Rachel Grey.

That doesn't count! I dunno how many times I have to say it!

*REEEEEEs internally*

What was the last good X-book?

I read the storytime of God's Country the other day, as Colossus is my favorite X Man and always has been. Man, that was crap. He didn't have a personality, he was just a mouthpiece for the author's idea of what it's like to be Russian. What a fucking toilet of a book.

>Rachel
Like all time-travel/alt-reality characters, Rachel should not exist beyond her initial story.

Search your heart. You know it to be true.

They need to start confining alt characters to their singular story and let them be done. All keeping them around does is dilute the brand.

I wish they would move away from "humanity hates mutantkind and sentinels ruin everything"

get some new fucking material for fuck's sake, right? Is it just me? and I don't mean more shitty stories about the superhero community infighting for increasingly contrived and arbitrary reasons

Blue, Gold, Jeen, Generation X, Wolverine and the X-Men vol1, Uncanny Gillen-Men

Why are the O5 still here and not on their origina timeline? Also:
Why is Jimmy Hudson here now?
Will Emma do something with Young Cyclops?
Will Mr.s Sinister do something to him too?
And why are the O5 such cunts?

Spurrier's X-Men Legacy.

>And why are the O5 such cunts?
They were sucked into the future to be used as an argument by their friend who is among them and turned out to be the craziest, most ineffectual scientist in the MU. They're right to be pricks.

There is a Mrs. Sinister now?!

Has been for a while now. A few years.

Is she hot?

Of course she's hot, you silly goose.

-the last really good one was Spurriers X Men Legacy
-The last really good main back was Uncanny with Gillen (and his consequences of Avengers vs XMEN

Bunn's Magneto was good too, and his Uncanny, which was more like X Force (or a brotherhood of Evil mutants book), was decent.

Secret War had many good to great X Men tie ins (E is for Extinctions, Extinction Agenda, Inferno, Age of Apocalypse, House of M). They were all good or great, except the Days of the Future Past one.

The best Tie In of Secret Wars was also very X Men related. Siege, written by Gillen, with Abigail Brand as main character.

pic related, Magik being Lesbian in Siege, riding her brother

Need some proof senpai.

Google is free.

Top 5 favorite X-men

1. Cyclops
2. Cannonball
3. Rogue
4. Nightcrawler
5. Chamber

Rate and hate

I think that's pretty original without being corny. "Uuuhhhmmm, my favorite X-Men are Slipstream, Surge, and Mimic."

Mine are

Jean
Storm
Wolverine
Beast
Prof/Mags
Rogue/Psylocke

Mine is
1. Logan
2. Colossus
3. Multiple Man
4. Laura
5. Strong Guy

7/10

9/10

lol that rando at the end of the list

Fuck off I like big guys like him.

Honestly I would change Multiple Man for Doop. I love that little motherfucker.

Post favorite randos?

Pic related is my jam

1. Laura
2. Logan
3. Gambit
4. Kitty
5. Nightcrawler

I dont rate because it's pointless in my case. The only X-Men I dislike are Gambit, Iceman (because he has boring for over half a century, not because they made him gay), and Angel for the same reason (but I like Archangel).

Top 5
-Old Cyclops (dont like having him dead)
-Emma Frost (dont like her current character assasination and being a villain, would have prefered it for her to commit heroic suicide in IvX and die a hero)
-Wolfsbane (the last time she was important was in the X Tinction Agenda Secret Wars tie in)
-Karma (she appears in books so rarely and is so underpowered I considered not picking her, but I buy anything in which she makes a cameo)
-Banshee (everybody has forgotten he was resurrected by Apocalypse in 2014)

I tend to prefer the more asshole, morally grey XMen.

Wolfsbane was on the last number of X-Men blue. It was shit.

-Cyclops (Old)
-Storm
-Rogue
-Emma Frost
-Wolfsbane
-Magik
-Cannonball
-Archangel
-Magneto
-Professor X

Favourite writer... Claremont, Louise Simonson and Ellis, I dont know

My current favourite X-Book... Im just enduring them desu , I want Astonishing to be good.

My X-Waifu,,, the cuckoos. The three of them. and their dead sisters, why not?

Chamber
Rogue
Cyclops
Longshot
Colossus

youtube.com/watch?v=2sTHCP3q12w

Wolverine
Cyclops
Jamie Madrox
Emma Frost
Jubilee (yea I said it, fight me)

this is my favorite X-moment of the past year
why can't this be a team
Old man Banshee and Gandalf Ice Man are perfect

>nice X-Men thread

You don't know X-Men fans very well.

>colossus wielding magik's sword
That's so unnecessary but it's still cool as hell.

New X-Men by Grant Morrison.

user's Top 5 X-Men:

1) Cyclops: Cyke was Right.

2) Emma Frost: Platinum-Blonde Dominatrix. Hnnnnng.

3) Magneto: Male (JOO) Power Fantasy-The Character.

4) Fantomex: Faux-French Diabolik homage with three brains and three genetic codes. Fantomex was made for anons.

5) Professor X: """Hero""" who does evil shit and gets away with it.

Honorable Mention = Magik: Hot Russian Demon Babe with BIIIIIIG Bewbs.

and this is from dr strange? context?

Wiccan made a deal with Doctor Doom(you have to see this twist) as a last minute rabbit in his pocket to save the team after they lose to this crazy evolved brood and Doctor Strange's team of Sorcerers have to now save Billy from this mark of death that's totally not magical aids
it's fun

- No,
we can never have a nice X-Men thread on Sup Forums, but we keep trying to have one.

- Jean Grey,
because the title character knows she's fucked, is trying to avoid the saga-level fucking the Phoenix is about to bring down onto her life, is finding it hopeless, and that's just funny.

- You wouldn't believe me if I told you,
so I'll just say Madelyne Pryor.

- Emma Frost,
but only the version from Morrison's run. And there is a difference.

- I want to say Whedon ...
but Bendis put out more quality stories by volume. Both are worth owning the trade copies of.

Real Talk, if Marvel decided to move the X-Men in another U what would you do? Personally:

>make the X-Gene responsible for slowed aging and increased attractiveness
>explain the historical moments and the fact that they all look like super-models that way
>use the X-Gene and timescale to have the current world be akin to Planet X/Mass Effect
>stop treating WMDs as minority metaphors
>do some Dune stuff with all the alien races
>push transhumanist stories
>keep the Celestial stuff
>introduce the Inhumans as the Kree mutants and as certified antagonists
>write MOOOOOAARR SEX

It's the future X-men in Bendis' Battle of the Atom crossover

That's why Wiccan has a red Cloak style cloak.
Colossus has a beard and Illyana's soulsword.
And Iceman is a wizard.

This is just backstory for how he got the plot macguffin that got him to join the cross-time team of Sorcerers Supreme

So, in trying to look up Magik's partner in Siege, I found that she (Leah) apparently made her way into the main Marvel Universe in the Angela Queen of Hel book, but I haven't read it, and it was written by Bennett, so it is probably being ignored by everyone else.
Would people freak out about Magik being a lesbian? I can't remember her ever showing interest in anyone else.

She showed interest in Doug back in New Mutants. She's probably bi. Well, most X-Women are Bi or just Pan anyway.

>Can we have a nice X-Men and mutants related thread?
No, cause Sup Forums doesn't read comics.
>What's your favorite X-book right now?
None, cause they all suck.
>Who is your favorite character?
Cyclops, cause he's always RIGHT. And gets prime-time pussy.
>Who is your waifu?
Ugh. Hardest question in these threads. X is full of Sex. Guess I'd say... I'd say Emma Frost, but she's been dicked more times than anyone. Rogue is trailer trash. Psylocke, probably. Adrenaline-Junkie, Eurasian, bitchy, and probably likes to be Dominated.
>And who's your favorite writer?
Claremont/Morrison tie.

Hey now, Emma is remarkably chaste, especially compared to a certain manlet

Someone does need to update this though

Kitty is the Wesley Crusher of X-Men.

Sure, but... she's taken Fish Dick. Although I think it was made canon over at Raftbolts that Namor's dick is not even average size, so...

Damn, Tony really is a player. I don't recognize most of them. Were they AUs and whatnot? I remember some from the older books as one-offs, but most don't even ring a bell. Have we ever had any info about Tony's dick? He probably packs an average one. I mean, he's not a mutant, or a super-soldier or whatever. Then again, he did screw She-Hulk, but Gamora was unfazed, so Shulkie just didn't want to hurt his feelings. He's either a dicklet or average. It would explain why he never had a long-term girlfriend outside of an Asian woman, and why he's obsessed with machines...

As for Wolverine, healing factor + animal nature probably gets him laid, regardless of size. He probably packs a big one though.

Wesley was a lesbian girl?
Holy shit! TNG suddenly makes so much more sense!

Gold is pretty decent, wish Rachel didn't have such a lame codename

Havok, I've always loved his power set and his character

>Who is your waifu?
Polaris ironically

Remender

1. Nightcrawler
2. Nightcrawler
3. Nightcrawler
4. Nightcrawler
5. Gambit

Rate my taste, Sup Forums.

I didn't realize Logan, Batman, and Spidey were such sluts.

Did you read X-Men Blue?
Havok is finally back in costume pulling his weight again.
And with a Phantom-of-the-Opera metal mask too.
But working for Evil-Em' on behalf of the mutant state, showing shades of Goblin Prince once more.

10/10 taste in papist fuckbois

I'm actually surprised by Bats.
Logan was always casual sex guy, fits with the animal nature thing.
Spidey was always the dating scene guy between relationships until M.J. put a ring on that.
So you expect numbers there.
But those super-serious types?
You wouldn't think of Captain America as a player. Would you?

>papist

What did he mean by this?

It's an old derogatory term for Catholic.
Nightcrawler is an extremely devout Catholic.

>it's an actual word

and here I thought you misspelled rapist

Nightcrawler is not a fuckboi!

>Jubilee (yea I said it, fight me)
She's adorable

Gonna get started on Claremont's run today. I've always loved the X-Men and I absolutely hate what Marvel are doing with them right now.

Also, I love Magik!

Who's the topless girl?

Are you serious?
Logan, Kurt and Piotr as a unit
>Who is your waifu?
I co-waifu Kitty and Rogue
Claremont

Pic related

8/10

10/10

8/10

6/10

8/10

8/10

10/10

8/10

Is there any X-manga? I know there was an anime but never knew if someon e did a manga.

No, thanks.

Hero Academia is basically the X-Manga.

There was one based off the 90s cartoon and some Amerimanga that didn't last long. The Wolverine one looked like shit but the Kitty Pryde one was a decent looking shoujo take on X-Men.

This
Why can't at least one X-book be at least half good as My Hero Academia?
I want to like Blue and Gold but those two are mediocre at best.

Husk

Husk