Why can't Henderson AT LEAST make Doreen look like this in her style...

Why can't Henderson AT LEAST make Doreen look like this in her style? Why must that fat fuck self insert as the character?

Because not EVERY SINGLE female character is supposed to be pretty. Maybe if youdid something productive with that libido of yours, like, say, fuck a girl or a stray dog at least, instead of shitting Sup Forums up with your complaints, you'd understand what I'm talking about you nigger.

Your standards for pretty are low.

projection

Check your good art privilege shitlord broflakes

Oh look tumblr is here.

i actually kek'd

Ah, yeah, look at this NORMAL COMPLETELY AVERAGE human female
dayum she is just like all the normal people I see here in my hometown of Chernobyl

>Daily reminder that even Sup Forums can draw better than a professional Marvel artist

The town is called Pripyat.

Wait. How many issues are these pics apart?
This is like two completely different characters.

Because she's a terrible artist.

I was dumbing it down so Marvel readers could understand the reference :^)

>implying fat and ugly isn't completely average

Maybe I just live in a really shitty area

They make it look like that on pourpose, rigth Sup Forums?

Depends. My family is mostly rather slim and good looking. Even the uglier people I know have at least normal human proportions.

I know a woman like that. She is very ugly it is a bummer. But she seems happy? Her teeth are bad. I say hi to her but she doesn't talk much, smiles occasionally, maybe she had a rich inner life. But I have never noticed people fun chatting with her often.

Maybe it will help real people be kind to very ugly people

I mean, I see people that look like that every day.

because everyone in squirrel girl is intentionally ugly, some creative choice

her style was alright in jughead

>because everyone in squirrel girl is intentionally ugly
>intentionally ugly
>intentionally
Bullshit.
I call fucking bullshit on you and that ridiculous ass claim.

You're pretending there's a choice. It's not "style", it's lack of ability.

Remember, this is one of those pictures defenders point to as "No see she can do good figures IF SHE CHOOSES", ignoring the slew of problems with this single, super-simple post like:

Lack of wrists
Lack of shoulders
Lack hips and waist
The fact that his legs go directly into his abdomen
THE LACK OF HIPS AND WAIST
THE FACT THAT THIS IS BASIC FUCKING ENTRY-LEVEL ANATOMY

you could go read her stint on the new jughead, first few issues

maybe it's wrong to say that all the characters are intentionally ugly, she just chose to use an ugly style

not to say i'm defending squirrel girl in any way, ryan north is insufferable and i think if you draw ugly characters there should at least be some visual variety

>because everyone in squirrel girl is intentionally ugly, some creative choice
this.
Marvel and/or North put her up to this.
USG exists for the sole purpose of producing nerd salt from which Marvel's bullpen derive sustenance. No doubt part of their occult ritual to keep Stan Lee's powers going.

I agree in principle but Henderson's art still makes everyone look like Downs Syndrome candidates.

Look, I understand that Henderson is no GREAT artist... but she can be decent. The belief is that someone at Marvel is actively encouraging EH to be terrible on purpose. And for her complicity they will award her an Eisner nom.

I'm kinda scared to ask but is that supposed to be a woman or a man with long hair?

>her style was alright in jughead
No it wasn't, stop lying.

is objectively right. Henderson is a genuinely bad artist and falls back on the deviantart excuse of "it's my style!" and "it's supposed to look like that!" to handwave the fact that she doesn't even have the basics down.

Someone post that Hercules picture. It's a perfect example of how Henderson has no fucking clue how human bodies work and just slaps everything together like an amateur.

I don't see why people are so asshurt that Henderson draws squirrel girl as bizarre looking

She was freaky as shit when she appeared as gag character,got the pretty look in Bendis run where she was played straight,gets the cute look in Ewings stuff cause she's played straight,is I so bizarre she's drawn off looking in her gag series

Besides even if squirrel girl was drawn like pic related,would that even make anyone here read squirrel girl?

Spoke too soon, already posted. Just look at that shit.

Reminds me of a cliche in hentai where girls working on smut have literally no idea what a penis looks like.

> she just chose to use an ugly style
Why?

Because she looked normal if squirrel like except for her face, but her current incarnation is this blob weird thing that doesn't look like a squirrel-human-mutant person.

The difference is that this was a narrative decision by Ditko.
>Iron man is saved by a freaky superhero
But people find squirrels cute so they made a conscious choice to draw her cute.

As far as the face goes, she looks pretty average. The body is unrealistic, but you can say the same for pretty much any comic character regardless of gender. And on that note, why wouldn't an acrobatic superhero with tons of physical exercise be in great shape?

I find myself asking this on just about every goddamn character I see in this book
I've gotten a 50/50 split whenever I ask someone what gender the black character is supposed to be

that's only because Ditko was half assing that story, like he did almost everything he did for either DC or Marvel after the 70's

I guess only bad guys have eyelids?

the art in UBSG is still mediocre overall, but I was kinda digging the physique Henderson has been drawing Doreen with in the last couple of issues, she was looking kinda swole, which is something I can get behind

Learn how to draw Henderson

I don't see how this style is better than Henderson's as a single image. The artist is far better at story telling but her face is still fucked up and the tail looks terrible. They look the same weight. Actually this one looks a little thicker.

They wasted a half a page on that ugly face.
My god it could of been Not-Doreen's fat ass.

Wait, is this from the comic or a parody?

But this is held up as the example of "no she can draw"; despite that nose, and that fucking incorrect everything.

That is a straight-ahead, static pose. If you can't draw that correctly, how the fuck are you supposed to draw anything?

This page made me throw up.
I have never seen art published by a major publisher look so bad.
This is actually making me reconsider comics.

>how to trigger Sup Forums

I admit I've seen worse, I've seen art where you can't even tell what's happening on the page or which character it's supposed to be.

how to prove you have no value

Modern Marvel in a nutshell, really.

>that Sup Forums
Fuck off fag, it was one artist. Stop acting like the entire board made it

Who is even reading this shit?

Shut up Henderson. You aren't have the artist he is.

No one, just look at the sales.

No, she was only drawn ugly in her first appearance and by henderson

Except they can't. The one on the left has proper volume and better lines.

Who fucking cares. Let's just wait for live action synergy to kick in because then she'll be waifu tier again.

Because she is a woman.

fixed that pic for you.

There's a difference between one ugly character in a comic of better looking ones and one ugly character in a sea of ugly. Every character Henderson draws is hideous.

40 keks

Nice to see Chris-Chan in a comic

>I find myself asking this on just about every goddamn character I see in this book

Apparently, Henderson was praised by the lgbtq community for including a trans person in the book, and she had to correct them all the time that that character was not trans but straight as an arrow.

I forgot which character it was, but I don't think it matters.

Because feminism applied to comics is the cripling fear that some male, somewhere, may find a female character attractive

It was the black "girl"

The crazy part is besides the faces she seems generally competent. The ugly faces are a deliberate decision and I don't know why she thinks that shit looks good. "Stylized" doesn't mean just slap some shit together and call it a face.

I still can't understand how she saw that Songbird face and thought it was okay for release.

>she seems generally competent
see

I don't see much wrong with the legs, desu. The arms, on the other hand, are fucked.

>biceps insert in top of the forearm
>forearms connect to the center of the top of the hand

Nice try Marvel intern

I'm not saying she's fucking Da Vinci or anything, but what's pointed out on that figure is truthfully barely notable unless you have a trained eye. Laymen do not give a shit about 100% accurate anatomy. It's fine for the webcomic/Steven Universe-loving demographic this meme comic targets. Probably better, honestly. The faces are truly egregious though. You don't even need to be all that proficient to draw a non-ugly face, and surely the skill level required to draw that body, even if not technically masterful, should be able to at least do a decent face.

>Doreen puts on a flag scarf
Why does this character suddenly do things to my dick???

This is somehow less revolting than the image it is mocking.

Just the legs are fine. However, he is entirely missing hips and a waist. I even put some guide lines in there - see where his legs go? Straight into his stomach.

He's a "broad" build, but that only hides the fact that he's missing chunks of his anatomy. The clothing is used to hide the fuck-ups - it's like how somebody draws before they learn to sketch a basic skeletal figure to plan. The fuck does he look like without that skirt? His dick is tucked into the belt buck and his ass is just under his shoulders?

Shoulders and hips are things I taught myself to draw. In fucking middle school. Jesus fucking christ.

>that squirrel's face is better than any expression in the real book

Because your dick recognizes a strong patriotic soldier-making machine when it sees one.

>breasts don't track rib cage
>nothing to reinforce perspective or volume throughout the torso
>face doesn't project
>head doesn't have clear sideplane
>uninteresting silhouette
>lines are shallow curves and have no nuance, variety, or weight variation

The one on the left is actually better.

Pardon, I said "his ass is just under his shoulders", but that is not correct. It should be "shoulderblades". He does not have any shoulders.

Nice try Intern.

You can say those things, but that doesn't make it true. You're trying very hard but you're a very shitty troll.

Take your shitty bait and go.

I can't fix your layman's eye. Not even shilling, the one on the left is shite too.

>A sketch some dude did in his free time for Sup Forums isn't quite 100% as artistically detailed as one that someone made for a living for a comic book.

>Doesn't address Aesthetic

By aesthetic you mean whether or not the face is appealing? Yeah, I don't judge art primarily by how pretty the little faces are.

Actual artist here: Please shut the fuck up like you know what you're saying.

>actual artist

Post your "art" and I'll be the judge of that.