Someone please explain to me how there's only supposed to be one Darkseid in the entire mutliverse now...

Someone please explain to me how there's only supposed to be one Darkseid in the entire mutliverse now, because it doesn't make sense.

Darkseid is supposed to be dead if the events of Kingdom Come on Earth-22 are still to be considered canon, and on Earth-12 (The DCEU), Darkseid's dead twice over.

The fuck's going on?

Darkseid is, that's why

IIRC each universe can have its own set of New Gods that are like echoes or reflections of the main, original ones.

It's avatars and gods user.
Imagine a human has 52 video games on his computer. Each video game is a universe/world. The human makes a character for a game and controls the in game avatar. If the people in the video game kill the character then they rid their world of the person. However the person still is sitting at their desk perfectly fine with their 51 other video games unaffected and the possibility of making a new avatar from scratch.

It's not complicated. It's basic mythology stuff.

is there an evil alternate universe still around
is there a lightseid

New Genesis and Apokolips exist outside the multiverse

If I understand it correctly there's one Darkseid, one Orion, one Highfather, etc, and however many darkseids, orions, highfathers that exist within the specific universes.

This is a good summary. The original Darkseid is the Pre-Crisis one, right?

Isn't that just like any other character in the DC Universe?

Darkseid and Earth 3 has never been addressed so there isn't an answer.

Using logical reasoning you can come to 2 theories.
1) Darkseid follows the universe constraints and acts the opposite of his usual self.
2) The common people regard/praise/think of Darkseid the way others do of Highfather, Darkseid's counterpart.

We never really meet the "Prime" Superman, or Batman, or Wonder Woman.
So they could exist I guess but ultimately it doesn't matter.

A lot of times Earth-3 has some sort of twist in origin beyond "everything is the same but evil/good". Idk what that would mean for Darkseid.

As far as we know, there are no primary versions of any other characters from which the other Earths get their template from. They might, but we don't know for sure.

Is there only one Spectre?

No, there are multiple.

Just for visualisation's sake.

highfather was a war monger who murdered darksied who was stern but fair ruler during a sneak attac just like in gods and monsters

Maybe it's like Brainiac, where all the individual Darkseids are actually just single-universe aspects of the greater, true Darkseid.

Darkseid was still evil in Gods and Monsters. You are taking huge liberties in interpreting that story for the purpose of meeting a pre-determined result.

That's a pretty solid idea, has that actually been used?

Not to my knowledge, just seemed like the simplest solution and gives an even greater depth to the extent of the power of Godhood.

Can someone explain to me how characters in universe reach the source wall then? Like Superman stuck Darkseid in the Source Wall at one point and shit, did he fly out of the the bleed and past the speed force wall and past apokolips?

It's more like Brainiac is like the new gods and the dudes from apokolips
There's one true Apokolips and New genesis that exist in the sphere of gods, just before the Monitor bubble, but there's also Apokolips and New Genesis in each universe, explained it pretty well actually

boomtubes

From what I got from Multiversity, when Superman sang Darkseid to death, his body was split into 52 different fragments of himself across the multiverse. The Jack Kirby version of him was imprisoned in the reborn Fourth World. But the Gentry broke him out and now he's probably hiding somewhere in the multiverse

Was the real darkseid killed before the events of Final Crisis causing all that fucked distorsion in the multiverse?

Yes.

I think they have a form of shared consciousness across the multiverse. If you check out the Multiversity guidebook, there is only 1 Apokalypse/NG, but I'm sure it can be accessed from different planes. High father talks about how the new gods are rebuilding their fractured godhead(s). I'm guessing this has to do with the multiverse going from infinite to one to 52 etc etc. the new gods as Kirby intended them are definitely on 51 I believe. The one with Omac and Kamandi.

>Lightseid
I guess this>A universe that is vaguely morally reversed, but not really
>Gods and Monsters Darkseid
>Raised a seemingly well-adjusted and fulfilled Orion, and had some surprising unspoiled natural beauty on his Apokalips
>Dead, killed by Highfather

People insinuate that the Kirby comics implied this but I haven't seen it at all.

It's just Morrison being sloppy, god forbid.

This is the best way to think of it as far as I remember: Deities have archetypes that exist outside of different rules of each universe, and the Deities will usually find some expression in each world. Mortal characters are completely up to the whims of the universe they inhabit, and in some universes they obviously might not exist at all. But Deities, or the mythological influences from cultures inherent in the real world or within established DC tradition, are always going to influence writers all the same, no matter what stories they tell.

Remember when Superman threw Darkseid in the Source Wall, then Metron appealed to Superman to go back and free him?
Fuck you, Metron. And ur dum, Supes.

Darkseid is the God of Tyranny, which detests lawlessness and Heis opposed to the Crime Syndicate if he ever bothers to exert his influence on that world

Lawlessness and chaos
It got deleted somehow

Does anyone else ever get the sense in general that later writers put the New Gods in higher esteem/power levels than Kirby originally intended? I never get the sense that these characters, save for Darkseid, Orion, Metron (with Moebius Chair) and Highfather are supposed to be /that/ powerful compared to your average superhero.

Darth Vader wasn't Luke's Father originally.
Superman wasn't intended to fly originally.
Batman wasn't Batgod, Lord of Preptime originally.
Characters and the roles characters play change.

>Someone please explain to me how there's only supposed to be one Darkseid in the entire mutliverse now
What? Sense when?

I know all of that, I was asking a simple question. I asked a specific question user, you giving a vague rebuttal to a point that wasn't being made accomplishes nothing.

didn't morrison's action run explain that? He said gods (Darkseid) is like a hand on a piece of paper and were the paper and we can only see one finger at a time but they're all just one.

And you got an answer. No need to get butthurt.
>Vague rebuttal
I used direct examples kiddo.

they should be in Thor's power level

even Eternals and Inhumans tier

I asked a simple question as to the power levels of the characters in the original Kirby comics, commenting with how the characters change isn't answering the question being asked.

>direct examples
I have an erect example.in my pants ;)

>not posting Beavis laughing at reBUTTle

There isn't. In 'Multiversity', Highfather stated that after his death (in 'Final Crisis') Darkseid's essence was splintered throughout the Multiverse like light through a prism. Basically there's a Darkseid in every universe, but he's (I guess subconsciously) gathering himself again.

So the Darkseid, and I am assuming the New Gods, of Prime Earth (as featured in 'Godhead' and 'Darkseid War') are the New Gods of that universe alone.

> Brightseid
Empire of order, but compassionate order
> Desaad
Pronounced "Deshardé" God of love and pleasure
> Granny Goodness
Name is not ironic
> Kalibak
Looks like the hottest bara you've ever seen

>Lowfather
Rules over the hellish chaos that is New Armageddon
>Orion
Ice-hearted destroyer, who in moments of weakness displays mercy and melancholy
>Metron
Insane doctor who is constantly distrated from his endless researches by sensual pleasure
>Darkshadow
God of cruelty and hatred

Its only a comic book and any explanation they give is just a cover for the fact that "they were writting a story that they wanted to kill darkseid and didnt mind its multiversal effects"

>Darkshadow
hahhahaha, this name. Does he teleport behind me because its nothing personnel?

>Granny Goodness
>not Pappy Badness

It's capeshit.

Not exactly; Lanterns don't have boom tubes and they were able to reach the wall in the Godhead event.

That sounds too kinky even for the leader of the female furies.

We dont talk about Vendetti's New Gods

I can go kinkier. How about Naughty Nanny?

Morrison established that the New God exist outside the Multiverse.
Morrison also established that the "shattered pieces of (Darkseid's) godhead" were awakening in Multiversity. Earth-51 has its own Darkseid and gods of New Genesis.
It just works.

Todd?

I'd like to see Lightvertice

yeah orion killed him at the end of countdown and his death caused reality to buckle under the strain

Video games is too detached. Linear. He has more control than that.

Darkseid has active accounts everywhere at once, every site or network, fucking admin level too, but he can eventually get banned and have an account deleted, yet there are many other sites and the user remains. But in each site, he is still about the same things, with different methods of influence depending which sphere he is in.

No matter what network or site, Darkseid is.