Did anyone else at all think The Legend of Korra was kickass, including the much-slandered Book 2?

Did anyone else at all think The Legend of Korra was kickass, including the much-slandered Book 2?

>East Asian mythology has the chaotic and evil Yin principal as a feminine force and the orderly, benevolent Yang principal as a masculine force.
>The writers had to make the evil spiritual entity masculine and the good spiritual entity feminine because of muh feminism, muh liberalism and muh men are evil.
Can Westerners stop taking shit from Asia and destroying it with their filthy lowest common denominator ideology?

The thing sucks, OP. Deal with it.

I love Legend of Korra. I admit season 2 is bad, still love the show and the world. Don't care what Sup Forums or what the rest of the internet thinks because I don't give a shit about the opinion of anyone other than myself when it comes to entertainment.

No user. Only you. Korra is, and will always be, fucking shit.

Legend of Korra was the last good western cartoon

I still enjoyed it all, even if S2 was a fucking travesty.

I enjoyed Korra more only because it was darker and painted US Civil War, European WWI and WWII in many ways - something TLA wasn't good at even though they did base a lot of the story on WWII. I'll always love TLA, but Korra is speaking louder to me.

Dropped it for Wakfu

>good

No, it was a pretty big letdown after TLA.

I still hold Avatar the Last Airbender in higher regard as it was as close to perfect as a cartoon can come, but Legend of Korra deserves praise for going in a much better route than a lot of other contemporary sequels

Take the Force Awakens, which decided to wallow in what already was and ended up being nothing but a lack luster retread that shit all upon the original trilogy by making it ultimately meaningless

In execution Legend of Korra is much more closer to how Knights of the Old Republic II followed up on its predecessor, a bit less focused narrative, but dared explore a setting that was less cut and dry

The largest similarity is likely with Kreia looking at the preceding conflicts and deciding the force was to blame, and started her own personal crusade to see the force eliminated as a factor, which is very similar to Amon blaming bending for all past conflict, which was a logical development after a 100 year war orchestrated by the firelords

The show was alright, but god damn were the romances absolute garbage. If they kept the main group as friends and didn't focus on romance and focused of strong bonds of friendship and camaraderie, the show would have been better.

Yeah, the show fucked up quite a bit, but it was still an interesting show and I loved the aesthetic of Republic City.

Loved most of it. Only things I didn't care for was the love triangle stuff and first half of season 2. I don't know why people always give all of season 2 shit when the second half was very entertaining. In b4 that pasta about Unalaq, but come on, it's not like we haven't seen villains who didn't think their plans through before. 8/10 show overall.

>In b4 that pasta about Unalaq, but come on, it's not like we haven't seen villains who didn't think their plans through before.
I wonder if people who criticize Unalaq's plan also are critical of Ozai's

TLA was light, funny and hopeful. Korra was darker, more mature, less funny. They touched more serious topics there and they did quite a good job by stating focused on Y7 and yet delivering stuff for all - kids, teens, adults. They were able to resurrect the meaning of friendship and added some problems to it as well, something that never happened too seriously in TLA. I can't see Mako and Bolin as truly loyal ones so team avatar wasn't as perfect as it used to be. To be more precise, I'd say the new team avatar was built with Tenzin, Lin and then added Asami, Jinora, Bumi and Kya. I liked it. It felt more real. I also liked Korra more than Aang because I'm not a pacifist myself and it pissed me off how Aang acted sometimes. Even a pacifist can act, Himura Kenshin after he sropped being a Battousai is a perfect example of it. Korra gave no shit. Yeah, she could act stupid, but it was reasonable due to the way she grew up. She didn't run, she faced the obstacles had on. What Aang was better was spirituality. I loved this part of ATLA and Korra screwed up here almost completely. I hated the idea of separating the connection to the past lives because it felt like they killed all the prev avatars once again. But I understood it had to happen to help her grow and mature. She's the last avatar of the old age and the first of the new age. She's literally Wan 2.0, changing his idea of separated worlds and bringing the original order back (he did say it won't always be like that, it's just for the time being). I'd love to see where it goes from here.

Unalaq was also part of the Red Lotus, and I mean when have you ever expected much rationality from anarchists?

Still think book 2 would have been much better if Unalaq's plan would have been to combine both Vaatu and Raava inside Korra during harmonic convergence to achieve what he perceives to be spiritual balance. Resulting in the two spirits manifesting as a dark and light spiritual manifestation of Korra having a giant brawl

Ozai is the culmination of the Fire Nation's emotions burning out of control. Ozai's the final obstacle for Aang and represents a new world order by telling Aang that he and Aang's people have no place in this new world.
Ozai is also tied to Zuko and integral to his arc.

Unalaq has nothing going for him since he should have never been a physical threat in the first place. And he didn't have a character driven duality with Korra like Amon, Zaheer, and Kuvira. Unalaq was just the plot saying "and now this happens" over and over again.

>as a dark and light spiritual manifestation of Korra having a giant brawl
Only if the manifestations were giant and Y7 naked.

I couldn't even through S1 because of the awful love triangle trash.

>Only if the manifestations were giant and Y7 naked.

Both with six packs and distinguished breasts and ass cheeks

S3 and 4 are great. S1 and 2 are shit.

Sup Forums is the only place on the internet that bashes the show anyways.

The show is an 8/10 including the love triangles and weak second season.

I liked season 1.
Then season 2 happened.
Then season 3 happened.
Then I just decided to quit.

Is it possible to edit this series into something less shitty? Shift around seasons. Condense scenes and dialouge. Fix issues like pacing. I dunno. It seems like it should be possible...

it doesn't need shifting around tho since it ain't shitty

I actually really enjoyed most of the series and I do rewatch it from time to time (not as much as ATLA).

That said, getting through Book 2 is like an endurance challenge every single time.

Indeed - the romance shit, like a lot of the problems with the series - absolutely reeks of studio meddling

No. Season one takes a HARD dive at episode 9. The series as a whole never really recovered from the astonishingly terrible character writing exhibited in that single episode. It's an absolute black hole. Yet at the same time, it's also completely necessary to the plot.

Really your only choice is to watch season 3 and nothing else. Maybe the Wan episodes in S2 are okay as well.

spbp

I enjoyed the first three books but not the last one. Good 7/10 show IMO.

I admit book 2 was a weird mess but I tend to skip the parts that aren't about Korra. I think her plot in that book was interesting.

Good one OP.

Yeah. I honestly like it even better than the original series which is an opinion I haven't seen anyone else share on Sup Forums.

I think ATLA did some things better and LOK did other things better.

Compared to TLA it was absolute garbage.

i thought it was really....really...REALLY bad

I only like Season 3 cause the villains weren't complete shit and because Korra didn't take them out. I honestly think the other season so look good but are fucking bad in terms of writing. Season 1's reveal of Amon was the biggest disappointment ever, man. Season 2 was GARBAGE and Season 4 started somewhat strong until "Kuvira has a giant robot" happened and Korrasami became the biggest excuse for any fan to claim "muh representation" as a way to shut any criticism against the show. It was a literal clusterfuck compared to the OG Avatar.

Everyone thinks that except for a handful of samefagging mysoginystic inbred retards who can't understand the concept of a character flaw.

you are legit retarded and should not speak

I loved everything but S2.
S2 is shit. There's no way around it.

>what is fangbone
>what is hanazuki

korra is hot
i've rewatched ATLA like 8 times now usually start at earth book for the last couple rewatches and i haven't rewatched TLOK since watching it the first time yet
probably because they made earthbending some shitty wavy waterbendyesque bullshit except for right towards the end with the kuvira arc and bolin's lava bending

I definitely liked it better than most people here, but it's by no means perfect. Still really fun to watch, but lots of wasted potential and awkward writing.
S4 > S3 >>>> S1 >>>>>>>>>>> S2

I agree with this man

Season 1 is better than 4. Book 4 reaches a new level of Korra being useless that we haven't seen before. Add to that the jump in technology and the mecha and you've got a worse ending than season 1. They even managed to teach korra a lesson she never needed to learn.

The animation by Mir was great. That's all I have to say.

No, it's a mess. An occasionally fun mess, but the lore is fucked, the protagonist's love interests are both boring as fuck (particularly the second one), and we never got to see the fucking Fire Nation outside of the Fire Sages.

Korra was cool, though, even though she was a twit, sometimes. I kind of want to take her out of her show and put her in a better one with cooler supporting characters.

Pretty sure neither Yin nor Yang are inherently good or evil.

Post more Korra Cheesecake.

Honestly i feel like you could change a few things here and there (book 2 might be the exception) and the show would be great aswell. For instance give the cast some character, drop the love triangle and so on.

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot. More than ATLA for sure, that show is ridiculously overrated.

Korra was just flat out unlikable for a good half of the series.

>star wars autismo: the post

The thing is, Ozai was emotional, not dumb. You could argue that Some of the things Unalaq did were out of emotion (despite working and studying hard for decades to achieve that), but it doesnt excuse the majority of what he did.

Also, It wasnt Just Unalaq fucking up. Everyone was dumbed down that season.

I loved it. I watched season 1 later than everyone else and I couldn't understand why people hated it so much.

user, stop thinking with your dick.

Maybe if you're a pussy

S01's problems were:
1- the entire motivation of Amon being daddy issues
2- Korra learning airbending out of nowhere, without any change in mindset
3- Deus ex machina in the end handing her Control of the avatar state and her bending back
4- love triangle
5- bland characters that are there just to follow the avatar around and no other reason or ambition of their own
6- you can now overcome bloodbending by not being a little bitch

Why so many people throw logic out of the Window?

I bet you like neo-animes