How much damage did this do to DC's characters?

How much damage did this do to DC's characters?

None, really. Other than I guess the idea of Aquaman being lame. Otherwise it really helped popularize them.

It hurt Aquaman

Not any more than the actual comics from DC in the 70s.

If anything it helped the brand. When I was a kid I had no idea who Firestorm was and he became one of my favorites

it popularized them, and added changed a lot of things from the comic at the same time

sounds like its combining two things Sup Forums hates, popularity and change

DC is STILL trying to convince us that Aquaman is actually a badass.

The sad part is that he really is. One can only hope the movie is good so normies will finally know it.

As you can clearly see, Aquaman is STILL recovering from the damage this show caused, OP

Just keep in mind that Aquaman's Nth metal trident saved him from irrelevance.

I hate Snyder so much

Even as a kid I hated that fucking ginger faggot and his stupid dog. The chick was okay.

Remind me again, how much damage did that '60s BATMAN TV show do?

This cartoon was redeeming in many ways to many characters.

How and what exactly did it do to Aquaman?

due to the DC shows of that era trying to be as non violent as possible, it ended up making most of the heroes look pretty lame(Batman and Robin ironically were the least affected by this self censorship since they got their gadgets and detective skills to lean on), but Aquaman got it the worst since it basically meant the only thing he ever does is use his fish telepathy

Do the kids and the dog show up in comics or other material?

None really - DC has an entire line of Capstone books (that model from the JL/JLU of the DCAU); they also have Lego graphic novels (essentially floppies but they call then GNs) based on the direct to DVD movies. They already make all sorts of media very similar to Super Friends.

Plus which JL/JLU and the entire DCAU probably resonates more for the VAST unwashed population most here would refer to as normies or casuals.

Yes but Wonderdog turned up to be a demon and Killed Marvin and paralyzed Wendy. Wendy became friends with Oracle .

People have responded well to the Unite the Seven poster/image and have definitely responded well to the various teaser visuals of Mamoaman from the trailers.

Lol I thought you were trolling at first, but apparantly this is all true, why the heck would they do something like this.

Family guy did more damage than this show did.

I think not including Aquaman as a principal character in JL and JLU was a big mistake. That series had a very big effect on people that is still felt today.

Superman was weak as shit so it convinced the DBfags which was running at the same time that Goku could trounce Supes, made everyone believe GL was black and fall for the Batgod meme. Aquaman would have benefited being a regular.

It only really hurt Aquaman, if anything it was integral to the brands growth.

Because they hate fun campy characters like Marvin and Wendy .

And what about the wonder twins or whatever their name was?

They were in Extreme Justice during the 90s and they were in others comics and shows. Lucky DC has ruined them like they Marvin and Wendy. I like them more than Marvin and Wendy.

Why Martian Manhunter never apperead? This damaged his popularity with the normies.

And Seanbaby. Much as I like the guy, he definitely helped that idea along.

I first knew Aquaman from the Filmation cartoon, where he was tossing hard water balls and chin checking Black Manta, so I liked him. This was the 90s but still classic Aquaman was the version I preferred. Once I finally started seeing Super Friends on Cartoon Network, I could understand why he was seen as a pop culture joke. Young me hoped he was at least getting some action from Wonder Woman on all those long trips in the invisible jet.

Family Guy was making fun of his depiction in Superfriends tho.

I kind of knew Firestorm but it was my first intro to Cyborg, before I started reading all things Teen titans

Timm's boner for Bruce didn't help things - but there's nothing to be done about that. The suits at WB and even at DC Comics at the time definitely told them no sometimes, but let them do certain things.

Arthur was in S-TAS and in Justice League. I personally don't think Batman - The Brave and the Bold hurt him at all. There's definitely a casual knowledge from things like Robot Chicken and Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory that doesn't help but I think once they cast Mamoa, most casual understood that this was not your Dad's Aquaman.

In that regard, the fact that he's not white and blond and that the uniform will not be orange and green will help more than anything.

It was basically my introduction to DC beyond the live action Trinity shows.

How old are you guys? I'm turning 21 next month and feel like an oldie on most of the other boards but this thread makes me feel like a young'un again.

Anything that incarnation of the show did to damage DC was offset by how awesome this show was.

It didn't.

Injustice is ruining Wonder Woman though.

I'd throw Wendy a shot.

People had been making fun of Aquaman for 20 years before Family Guy existed.

>doesn't look like Aquaman
>acts like a Dudebro version of Namor more than Aquaman
Finally! An Aquaman people will like, all they had to do was make him not Aquaman!

I have never seen a trainwreck quite like the Superfriends. From the animation, to the writing, to the acting, it was clear not one iota of effort was put into it. It's fascinating.

>detective skills to lean on
Dude...all they did was ask the fucking Batcomputer.

Funnily, the Darkseid season also included Cyborg on the roster.

Hawkman was totally useless too. Since he wasn't allowed to use his mace, his power was...being able to fly. Which everyone could do. Even Flash.

The main goal of Aquaman comics is making the regent of a remote middle-of-nowhere kingdom that no one (except his Arch-Nemesis) gives a single fuck about, into a noteworthy superhero, on teams where even the junior members are three times as useful.

The only other thing Aquaman is noteworthy for is having a rogue's gallery even thinner and shittier than Green Arrow or Wonder Woman.

His 3rd biggest enemy is a guy with a fishing rod, for Christ's sake.

He could at least scout or something.

The last seasons are the best, there is the Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman and Hal Jordan origins episodes. Firestorm and Cyborg join the team, Darkseid and the Para-Demons as the main villains.

No one has, or ever will give a single shit about Hawkman.

00s comics.