How plausible is it to have a robot gain self awareness through sheer accident? Pic sorta related

How plausible is it to have a robot gain self awareness through sheer accident? Pic sorta related.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_room
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to have sex with that.

CAFÉ OLÉ

Basically zero. The physical hardware that makes up their "brain" would have to be constructed specifically to accommodate it. Hell, one could even argue that if the hardware can accommodate it, then sapience assuredly WILL develop on its own without any necessary programming. Just plug it in and go. It would be almost like a baby at first. You could teach it things.

By our current standards of technology it is impossible. We don't give robots anything close to an actual brain by our current method of doing things. Although a robot can "think", it's really only following directions that are pre-programmed into it blindly. This page explains:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_room

In the future, if the way we make robots changes, maybe. The human brain sort of acts like a CPU in that our neurons fire electrical impulses the same sort of way transistors do, although I think it's more analog, and I know that there are chemicals and such that get involved that make things more analog then digital. Current computers are unbelievably primitive compared to our brains, but there may be a time when we create a CPU with analog capabilities/chemical substitutes complex enough that it actually does accidentally function like a brain, who knows. I'm really not an expert on this but humans are essentially biological machines so I don't see why a machine can't emulate biology at some point far down the road. Assuming that "souls" don't work into it anyway.

/thread

tfw no CyberDuck gf

Ikr

Odd how that robot duck doesn't look like a duck aside from the head.

Wasn't this just a straight rip-off of Maid Irona?

seems a little silly for sentience to just happen on its own by chance, doesn't it
maybe you'll remember that the next time someone insists it did, ridiculing any other way of thinking, for no other reason than their personal taste

Only if the capacity for sentience is purposely inhibited.

reality is very very very silly, and deluding yourself otherwise causes nothing but malaise.

given enough time hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from

Anyone here read the old Magnus: Robot Fighter series by Valiant? Shit was pretty cash and had a bunch of stuff like this.

The Chinese room is bullshit in this context. You could easily apply the metaphor to the human brain - how could an individual neuron be said to understand anything?

>seems a little silly for sentience to just happen on its own by chance, doesn't it
Not really. Because the conditions of the physical universe allow for sentience, and because the universe is fucking huge, it was just a matter of time.

I'm ashamed to say that maid outfits are a turn on.

That bitch was scary psycho, I used to be terrified of her.

I don't blame you. I just like the outer part in this case.

The plausibility of a boy just gaining conscious out of nowhere is the same as a toaster getting attacked by a scary clown with a firehose

I can put on clown makeup right now and spray my toaster down though, I'd say the chances of that can potentially be pretty high.

damn she's built, both literally and figuratively

100% plausible. dont let your robot get electrocuted/be near an asteroid landing site/radiation/toxic waste/ eclipse etc

>eclipse
ok that's just bad shielding then
the rest I can buy

>not wanting a meido yanderoboduck

I would like to have that thing...
it have a perfect mouth for the job

duck tales?

Woo- ooh!

We need some lewds.

no need to, it's one of the most milquetoast kinks imaginable. hell googling "french maid" gives you like 5 images that aren't sexual