Is the general agreement that MCU Captain America is legitimately superhuman...

Is the general agreement that MCU Captain America is legitimately superhuman, with the Ultimate Universe's strength and durability and 616's morals? The man managed to punch Loki and throw around Ultron.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3588109/Super-human-marathon-runner-Dean-Karnazes-jog-350-miles-without-stopping-thanks-rare-genetic-condition.html
youtu.be/QDhAyA3djWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The man managed to punch Loki
Jane slapped him.
The Mcu Asgardians are the weak link.

You can react to something hitting you without actually feeling it that much, like a styrofome ball hitting you. It's all about reactions and being surprised and that stuff.

He is clearly well beyond peak human, but perhaps not quite at ultimate Cap's level. Ultimate cap was able to go to to toe with the hulk for a short bit.

Not Ultimate Cap's level of strength, or racism, but a few tons at the very least.

Peak humanity is an impossible standard in the first place. There's effectively no difference between being peak and being super.

hulk just wasn't that mad

Loki is bullet proof. Jane may have slapped him but it sure as hell didn't hurt him

The dude threw a motorcycle. Harley Davidsons tend to range between 500 and 900 pounds on average. And he threw it. Hard. Hes super human. Not Spidey level strength, but certainly stronger than peak human.

I never got the feeling Loki was all that strong.

>>Best Cap uniform in best MCU movie
How did we get so lucky?

This. If you're as strong as the world's strongest man, while being as fast as the world's fastest man, while having the endurance of a marathon runner, you're superhuman, because no actual fit person can achieve so high in all the measures of human fitness.

Based russo bros

What if he had every mutant power as a result of being peak human?

B
Mutants aren't human.

>Hydra? I am America.

>How did we get so lucky?
Cause based Russos

He seems to get gradually stronger with every movie. In the first film he was barely more impressive than the soldiers. Literally any 80s or 90s action hero did way crazier shit. But in in the Civil War he hold back a helicopter with one hand and went toe to toe with Spider-Man for a while.

that's racist

> and went toe to toe with Spider-man for a while

To be fair Spidey is know for pulling his punches.

>while having the endurance of a marathon runner

Actually, Comic's Cap is better than peak in this category. Canonically, his muscles don't produce fatigue poisons. Figure that shit out.

Peter also gets stronger with age. He didn't start at ten tons.

>Canonically his muscles don't produce fatigue poisons

There are guys in real life who are almost like that.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3588109/Super-human-marathon-runner-Dean-Karnazes-jog-350-miles-without-stopping-thanks-rare-genetic-condition.html

I have a theory that his superhumanity is tied to his heroism due to the superserum's weird ruleset that it "makes you more of what you are." Basically every time Captain America does the hero thing, especially when it is hard and morally trying, he gets a power boost. Civil War was Captain America getting a MASSIVE power boost from saving his friend and sticking up for his morals. That whole "you tell the world to move" speech is like a power mantra to him.

That is why stuff that would have steamrolled him in The First Avenger he can just shrug off by Age of Ultron. Steve will only get more powerful until he betrays his morals.

I actually really like this idea and hope they do something like that.

So did Blonski in Incredible Hulk and his serum was supposedly super-soldier serum or a derivative.

You should watch the Cap/Spidey fight again. Cap doesn't beat him with strength. It's all leverage and angles.

FUCKING NORMIES GET OFF MY Sup Forums
It's 2017 you fucker, you think you can get away with this kind of shit? Mark my fucking words, I'm assembling a strike team of fellow Homo SUPERIOR to crush you like the disgusting outmoded big you are.

Remember Genosha!

>MCU Captain America is legitimately superhuman
Fuck off
If he was superhuman then he would have been able to take out that guy on the boat in Winter Soldier in a single punch rather than having to do that choreographed ninjutsu bullshit

Wasn't he wearing some kind of ninja armor?

Strength levels in the MCU are severely nerfed when compared to the comics.

This right here.

I just want a captain america game done in the style and gameplay of MGS

Nah he's Peak Human, Peak Humans can throw Motorcycles.
Hard.

>Is the general agreement that MCU Captain America is legitimately superhuman
I'm not exactly sure...

No one knows where peak human ends and super starts.

So no.

He is a superhuman well beyond ultimate level. But fuck off, 616 would call this Steve a fascist.

Mcu Steve isnt a bad guy, but 616 would hate him in civil war.

>But fuck off, 616 would call this Steve a fascist.
OR WOULD HE

Peak human isn't peak out humans, peak humans are a fictional limit not based o. Reality, Olympic level is based on reality.

Peak humans are fiction al limits established in every fictional universe, in the case of dragon ball they can fly and make the moon explode, in the case of Popeye he can move planets. Peak humans are a meme older than capeshit.

Batman and Captain America would be superhumans in our universe but in their own they are not (616 was only superhuman after getting extra power and up until heroes reborn and then again during bru's run, but he was considered enhanced human like deathstroke), Tarzan, Conan, doc savage, all of them were the basis for what capeshit calls peak human.

So stop comparing them with real humans.

>He seems to get gradually stronger with every movie. In the first film he was barely more impressive than the soldiers. Literally any 80s or 90s action hero did way crazier shit.

Dude, what. He left a fist-sized indent in metal, tossed a guy twenty feet vertically with one arm, routinely killed people with single blows, held a motorcycle with three people on it over his head for several minutes, outran a car, punched through submarine glass UNDERWATER, and tons of other crazy shit.

Why exactly?
Cap's stance and actions in MCU were much less radical than his stance in the comics.

Interventionism is radical, 616 would never shat on sovereignty or freedom as mcu

I think the better argument is that if he was superhuman he'd have punched Tony's armor in Civil War and the fight would have been over like that.
Steve and Bucky definitely can do damage to it, but it clearly takes exertion.
Meanwhile someone like Spider-Man and Hulk who are superhuman appear to require very little effort to do equal or more.

I think people just find it hard to believe the things Cap does are human because our standard for human is fixed in the averages we come across. If we look at the highest capabilities of human achievement and start blending them that's when you have a better idea of where someone like a Super Soldier should be, but it's hard to do because as some anons have already demonstrated here once you begin imagining someone with that much capability your mind immediately shifts to thinking them superhuman because it's so far from what's the average.

I wish I could find that image of a letter dictating the solo accomplishments of a soldier that on superheroic, it's what convinced me that just because something sounds unbelievable doesn't mean it isn't true, it just means we have little belief.

Isn't that pretty much what he does whenever he goes to another country or saves the whole planet?
Plus given the context 616 would be completely alright with Cap going into other countries to stop hordes of killer robots and capturing rogue Hydra agents.

Thing is your morality isn't the same and his. Even ultimate cap was against interventionism after the ultimates 2 fuck up. 616 holds freedom and sovereignty higher than you, and the context of 616 includes that when there's killer robots those countries ask for help or the teams are already invited. That's why wakanda and latveria are a big deal. As for other planets in the context of war sovereignty is actually secundary and some planets may not value it. Think of democracy, democracy is a western value that other cultures don't give a shit about, some cultures place order over freedom and equality over self determination, society over individual, etc. Sovereignty is one of the extremely few things everyone in the planet wants outside nations without countries like the gypsies or multi regional tribes.

"What if they send us somewhere we shouldn't go?"
Steve was fighting AGAINST interventionism. The Accords would have turned the Avengers into the USA's black ops. No more stopping terrorists from stealing biological weapons in Lagos. It's all toppling African governments.

>Steve was fighting AGAINST interventionism.
At least type the entire quote:
>What if this panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there's somewhere we need to go and they don't let us?

Blonski wasn't able to sweep the leg

>Already invited
Korea sure as fuck didn't invite Cap to Best Korea to fuck up their K-Men program.
And then there's AvX...which really I'd rather not mark Cap with but well he got all up in Utopia's shit.

No, he was against interventionism that isn't his. Just like America wouldn't intervene in Gaza.

Who would win

The accords were not American. The Irak war was 100% American doing what is right, and telling those UN fags to fuck off.

How do we even know what "peak human" is?

The thing people don't understand is that Steve is the overman and he gets to make the rules

Gaston, Steve doesn't have a good record against peak humans and Gaston is peak human as fuck.

Read the thread, there's a long post about that. It's pretty much the accepted limit for humans in a fictional universe regardless if out wimpy humans can reach those peaks.

He isn't, he is far from an ubermensch. He is just a good guy. It's just that his particular universe is shit.

>It's a "people try to muddy up the ethics of an individual who prevented the world from being taken over by a secret terrorist organization, who had infiltrated and sabotaged every level of security due to the corrupt and inept practice of the authorities put in place by the populace, because he happens to be a patriotic American" episode
Anyone else take pride in their country and it's admirable, not an American though. Nuh-uh. They're not allowed to be a good guy in this modern media atmosphere.

Funny, I recall another group of countrymen who faced similar ostracization just before and after a certain sequel to a certain war. I'm sure though there won't be any repeat circumstance, after all it's not like history repeats itself or anything when we fail to learn from it.

Steve can literally put his fist through Gaston's chest. He is absolutely, ludicrously superhuman, while Gaston is only slightly superhuman by virtue of being a cartoon character.

Why do casuals like Iron Man and Spider-Man more than Cap?

youtu.be/QDhAyA3djWQ

he'd mean it as a compliment

We didn't know this already then he was lifting a motorcycle with girls on it for fun and holding a helicopter in place with his hands?

The man was slapped around against a marble floor for a while and only came out of it really sore.

Thor seemed to have a lot of trouble wrestling with him in Avengers.

In 616 all asgardians are in that class 50 range so they are really strong compared to humans.

It's not brought up much but his brain is also peak human. He can fling his shield and have it bound each corner just perfectly to hit his target exactly where he wants because he does all the calculations in his head. Mix that with perfect hand-eye coordination and muscle control and he can throw the shield with the exact level of force in the perfect angle to make it bounce three times and whack something from behind.

No one is saying that. Literally no one in this fucking thread said that.

I liked the Loki fight but hated him being able to box with Ultron. Took a direct punch to the ribs and only groaned.

The best stinger I've seen in a while

They are cooler. They are funnier. Cap's too serious for casuals to care.