ITT: Female characters flow chart

Where would your favorite female character fall on this chart and also what would a male version of this chart look like?

I have no idea if this is serious or not

If the flow chart ends up bein way too convoluted to follow, then I think it's safe to say there's a lot of variety for female characters. So what's the issue?

well that's just it

I don't know if the chart is trying to dismiss the idea of there being no strong female protagonists
or if it's trying to say none of these characters are good enough

It's sort of like a Poe's Law thing. I can't tell if it's satire or taking itself seriously

Several of those seem to have flaws

Yeah but you only need to fail one of those things

>has a family?
>no
>image used is a character literally named 'Mom'
>'mother' is right under her

Azula is neither girl Hitler, nor sexualized

Honestly, I write my own adventure story for shits and giggles. It's over 300 pages, so there is enough to call it a full narrative with multiple characters.

I ran through this with almost all of my female characters, and the end result was at least sort of right 7 out of 10 times.

I don't care if one of my characters is Girl Hitler, Action Girlfriend, or Cutesy Badass. They are sposed to be.

Aren't a lot of purported "Strong female characters" flawless?

what exactly is three dimensional supposed to mean here?

I gotta say fellas, this is some weapons grade autism right here .

For fun, run your favorite male character through the gamete, answering no to the first question so they go into the tangles below.

Batman ---> Dead slut

I tried doing this for Finn from AT and at first I got tangled up in a web of the pregnancy part of the chart, eventually I just said yes to part of a family/team and he ended up being Team Mom. This chart doesn't work at all for men and barely seems to work for women.

>does she have any flaws
>no
>vilain
>no
>is she mainly a love interest
>no
>is she part of a team/ family
>no
>how does she feel about babies
>not right now
>does she get pregnant
>no
>is she in a horror story
>no
>is she violent
>no
>is she nearly perfect
>no
>What is her flaw

This trigger my autism.

so from what i see Ripley and Sarah Connor do not fit in their Procrustean bed of what counts as their meme of "sfc"

okay then

>Mom
>no family
Jam a bastard in it, you crap.

>does she have any flaws
>no

>is she nearly perfect
>no
dunno man, I think you fucked up there

Better question: where does your waifu end?
I got Harley Quinn. What can I say? I dig crazy chicks.

Why is representing an idea bad, exactly?
I know it's a shitty chart that shouldn't be taken seriously, but humor me please.

Strong female character.

Bad Chart

This is what happens when a TVTroper is also a feminist

Where the hell does Ripley fall off that initial line? She does carry her own story, she is three dimensional, she doesn't represent an idea, she does have flaws, and she survives til the third act (not the third movie but shh)

>Does she represent an idea?
There are lots of male characters I'd consider narratively complex that represent ideas. Why can't women be strong characters and also represent an idea?

i don't get it. why does she have to die before the third act to be the strong female character?

No, it's if she's killed before the third act, then she's fridge stuffing. Basically if she dies and the story continues without her, then it meant her character was largely about being for the emotional response/motivations for the other characters.

If she dies and the story's more or less over at that point, she's still eligible for strong female character status.

No, this doesn't make total sense

Maybe I don't quite understand, but what does it mean when it say "Does she represent an idea" up top?
I kinda feel like thats a very broad way of saying it, I'm trying to wrap my head around it.

It's kind of similar to the idea right in front of it. The notion is that a character written to represent a single ideal is going to come across 'flatter' than one allowed to be a person first. You can see the core of a rational argument, so it's hard to dismiss out of hand. IMO that one probably comes down to author skill. It's the difference between being an engaging story or a political screed.

Unfortunately, in practice it's basically used by feminists to go 'no see she doesn't REALLY count as a strong female character because she's used to represent purity / motherhood / whatever-I-pulled-out-of-my-ass.' It's a bullshit out so they can disqualify more characters and have something to complain about.

What if someone is representing the idea or ideal of 'justice'
Like a cop for example.
Would that make this female a bad character?

Technically yes in that sense if all they are is simply "Female Cop that has a name."
If she just happens to be a cop with a strong sense of justice (like Elisa in Gargoyles) then that's different.

These