REMEMBER ME

REMEMBER ME

I'll be cold ground be ever call the Fist of Tebigong the First of the Iron Bear. Also, that for XC is killing me. I understand that WB got rights to some bits of the old show, but did they own the freaking art style too?

>Tara strong is the only character to reprise her role (as Omi) because canadian voice acting laws or some shit
>Okay well let's have her voice TWO Omis, and one of them is the Avatar

No, was it a dragon ball ripoff?

It was a show where four kids collected artifacts and fought over them with bad guys in the eponymous Xiaolin Showdown, by betting them

Then it got a new season, was retitled Xiaolin Chronicles, and the showdowns are now done in CG with tron suits for some godawful reason. Also a bunch of Shen Gong Wu had their names changed because WB owns the rights to the original names or some shit.

>we want to continue an almost completely forgotton good-not-great WB action-comedy cartoon
>but for legal reasons and because we feel like it, we're recasting everyone and making every aspect of the show at least a little worse
What executive said yes to this?

I wish I didnt.

While I wouldn't call it a ripoff, it was likely a response to the success of Jackie Chan Adventures.

One network with two kung-fu action/comedies.

Part of it was because it was a canadian show and they introduced some dumb labor law where only canadian citizens can do anything, and the only original VA that was canadian was Tara strong.

I'm more bothered that they introduced a new character that is supposed to be the Avatar/chosen one (so fuck Omi) basically because he can use all the elements (and wood), but he's just a smaller Omi who wears glasses, and is ALSO voiced by Tara strong.

>but he's just a smaller Omi who wears glasses
This was the biggest bullshit of it all

Seems a tad inspired at the least

OP's picture is what made me think it was a bit of a ripoff because it resembles a lot of the poster used for dragon ball

I remember the one without the smaller lemon drop. Also wasn't the dragon green.

I get why shit had to be changed.
What I don't understand is why anyone would finance it.

And the creator wants to bring it back yet again, even though the last few episodes went straight to Netflix.
I'd call her delusional if she hadn't pulled it off once already.

The shitty sequel series had a lot of superficial changes.

Dojo was changed from Green to Yellow for some reason. A lot of Shen Gong Wu were renamed (Orb of Tornami -> Orb of Torpedo) They made a second Omi. Wuya isn't delicious brown.

All horrible changes.

Then there's the writing decisions, like dropping Raimundo as the leader.

No. I never watched Xiaolin Chronicles. I only watched Xiaolin Showdon on Kids WB. Fu- man those were good times. I might sound immature but Saturday public access Television was the peak of childhood.
Anyway the last episode I watched Omi got turned into a cat and started to work for... the lizard guy. And then three weeks later it was canned. Want to watch it again. I don't think I'll watch Chronicles though.

I remeber it because the cosmic dragon that killed Chase in his true form looked like an eldritch monstrosity

You forget the more egregious offenses of the voices. Dojo isn't Wayne Knight anymore. And Wuya is suddenly Cree Summer, like every other female character in the damn world..

>Seems a tad inspired at the least
It kind of is.
The part that the other guy didn't mention though which sets it apart quite a bit, is that these artefacts they fight over all have special abilities (Think like really janky X-Men powers they give you when you use them) and they generally have to use them in said showdowns to achieve some sort of a goal, other than "beat the shit out of the other guy". Weird stuff, like "Hey, suddenly you're all around a giant tree in the sky, with balloons flying up wards! Be the first to reach the top of the tree and grab the artefact you started the fight over! You may use the artefacts you bet!"

Fuckin' Ping-Pong... Could they have picked a worse name?

Scratch that. Could they have designed a worse character?

"Designed" is generous. More like Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V'd him.

Ah, but you see, he has glasses!
And hip, striped along the side clothes!

Jennifer Hale also came back as Catnappe

Also Cree Summer is a decent Wuya