So pic related is back right?

So pic related is back right?
I'm trying to catch up on my comics.
Can someone give me a quick run down of what's been happening in the DC Universe after Darkseid War?

Merged with n52s Superbro and is married to Lois and a Superdad to his 10 years old son named Jonathan(Superboy).

I know that, I was just trying to confirm if it's New Earth Supes. Why was he the only one that survived Flashpoint? Any other New Earth heroes left?

Because he ist super

Read Convergence: Superman.

I did. Where the fuck was he during Forever Evil?

I think Convergence takes place after Forever Evil.

Every character is pre flashpoint with history removed.

Rebirth happened. Just remember the basic analogy to avoid confusion:

imagine you're 35 years old, then suddenly you become 25 again and future events are happening differently. then you find out you were supposed to be 35 all along and some blue guy stole 10 years worth of events from you.

superman:reborn is superman taking those 10 years back but somehow still retain his current age. I asked jurgens how and he blocked me(??).

this is basically it.

there's also the case of mr. oz who is fucking with superman's life. rich the rat says that apparently mr. oz is Silver Age Jor-El trying to frankenstein superman's history and timeline to try and recreate his Pre-crisis son

Literally nothing

Is this the rebirth general thread?

Actually that's all bs. It's DrM doing it. Earth 1 Jor el died pre crisis, him being alive isn't possible.

He is trying make sure Dr.M don't hurt Kal via moving things off the board.

He removed mxy and etc,

The fact he can't fly and one blind eye would suggest golden age Jor El.

But he is later shown to be bald.

His Eye glows red. Also shown to have scars on the other.

At this point all pretense is out the window, DC can do all sorts of ass pull to force him into the story (not that I'm sure that oz is silver age jor-el). In any case, I'm pretty hyped for the oz arc.

However, oz being Jor-El fits in a lot of the panel hints they were sprinkling

Nah. Unless rebirth Jor el is alive. Even then pre merge it would nu52.

A later cover shows civilian genocide in a shape of z in superman crest.

It's obv well meant but evil Villian.

Rich is only right when relaunches are to happen. Even then that's the companies leaking info to generate hype.

I have no fucking idea what's gonna happen, who do you think oz is then? pa is dead (both pre, post and new 52), jor-el is dead (both pre, post and new 52), lex is 50-50 (dead in pre, was alive in post and a superhero in new 52)

by elimination post crisis lex seems to be the most likely candidate

The same Rich who said ultimate universe was coming back. But it didn't.

There's legion related stuff too. Rebirth Superman has his legion memories blocked and Saturn girl is showing up.

The dead people are aliens and humans wearing future clothes.

Also Kansas related. Plus Superman doesn't know his face or voice.

A character that isn't remembered.

the buildup for this is fucking insane, in a way that it'll only end up being a disappointing reveal almost guaranteed

There's a list.

I doubt it's the trapper because if so, so depowered then.

Eh not really. I don't expect it to be ozymandis. The main thing is Doomsday clock.

It has to be someone we know in recent times. Most pre crisis characters are just the rebirth ones reborn.

The again the trapper is weaker on earth but stronger outside.

Muawhahahhahahahhah.

i don't get what you're saying, are you supposed to reply to somebody else?

That panel matches this. Friend and foe.

We already know that pre crisis and new 52 characters could be separated because superman reborn happened.

>Most pre crisis characters are just the rebirth ones reborn.

wrong, rebirth characters' histories are still different from their respective pre-crisis histories

It's the trapper but someone different under the robe.

No only Superman and Lois were separated because they were out of the universe at the time Flashpoint happened everyone else is still the same.

Yes and that means there's a way to be separated, ergo there's a way for DC to explain if there are other separations aside from superman and lois.

Not wrong at all. Rebirth stated its the same universe with missing years directly in the book and by johns.

They gonna retcon someone split superman in two.

Should be noted. Wally said it's the same universe with pieces missing in the rebirth book.

Just don't expect pre flashpoint back.

Rebirth is about restoring links, love, relationships, reverting some characters but moving on.

Technically yes, they are the same entities but how can you say that they are "just the same as the rebirth ones reborn" when they still have different history than their pre-flashpoint counterparts?

This is a better explanation of the contrast between pre-flashpoint and rebirth characters rebirth restores some key things from pre-flashpoint but not totally everything that it's the same.

Same reality but history altered. Time is seperate from reality.

Read this Image.

I was meant to say "pre-crisis" here (a big type my bad) That explanation is for pre-flashpoint and post-flashpoint, but take a look at the sentence I'm pointing out here again: pre-crisis characters aren't rebirth ones reborn because pre-crisis characters are designated as a separate universe

Walls being reinserted brough back his career with Titans , Barry , the old rouges costumes, deathstrokes old costume.

Dr Light has reverted back. Superman reverted back his cast, foes, history, via being re merged in.

Psycho pirate is reverted back. Blue beetle career is reverted back pre doomsday and his old costume.

Etc. Well it's a Hybrid-timeline.

Infinte crisis explained earth one was the same earth but altered.

There been many books explaining that post crisis is 5 earths merged into one.

Convergence is just a time anonomlie split. So techinally prime earth and new earth one are coexisting versions of the same characters.

Didn't pre crisis superman go to comic book heaven after that? I mean having both Kal-L and Post-crisis superman in there is pretty much the evidence that pre-crisis and post-crisis/post-flashpoint/new52 characters can be a different entity

AC 988 cover

When luthor created the tower he needed martain manhunters earth 1 vibrations and other earth characters.

When the infinte earths was recreated temporarily , characters would teleport to their real old earth.

Only Golden age Superman is separate being.

That's earth 2 Superman.

Earth 1 Superman was reformatted into post crisis and so on.

Here's Earth 2 Superman who went to the crystal prison.

Earth 1 Superman shown here, the younger one next to earth 2.

Byrne said he got rebooted. Jurgens and geoff use parts of him for the rebirth superman.

Dc has been slowly reverting kalel into his pre crisis version even before flashpoint.

Superboy, legion, jla history restored. Strength levels too, dead parents. All from pre crisis canon.

Plus SuperGirl being related . The old super car pre crisis showe up in a tossing game.

The concept is what if Superman was never rebooted but all new stories that happens post crisis are part of his history. Marriage, death, etc.