@TomKingTK calls his BATMAN run a "100 issue story arc" king whether Bruce can ever get past his parents' death

@TomKingTK calls his BATMAN run a "100 issue story arc" king whether Bruce can ever get past his parents' death.
>100 issue
heh. ahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
strap in, Sup Forums, you're in for a long trip.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/35471-sdcc-2017-dc-s-thursday-press-breakfast.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sweet, I'm strapped in and enjoying it
That's a 4 year run if it's bi-monthly

>Selina will answer in Batman #32, after which Batman #33 kicks off a story "you've never seen with Batman." The story is called "Dream A Dream of Me" and takes Batman outside of Gotham.

It's just 4 years. 3 years left

>King called it "the best Batman arc I've ever done."
>Some of Bruce Wayne's past loves will return in the marriage proposal story arc.
>Jones said her approach to Catwoman is heavily influenced by Michelle Pfeiffer's version.
>King said working with Jones is like "working with the next Frank Miller."

Christ, please no,

>Jones
Wait back the fuck up, who's on art for this arc?

Joelle Jones

hell yeah !

Remember kids , its bimonthly. Which means that instead of 8 years , its 4 years , and we gone through a quarter of it already

Where's the live blog?

I'm looking forward to it.

newsarama.com/35471-sdcc-2017-dc-s-thursday-press-breakfast.html
It's wrapped up though.

You'll all be begging for him to have stayed once he's left.
I hope I'm out of this hell hole by then

Didn't Didio say that the bio-monthly schedule gonna only last for 2 years?

Y'all bunch of bitches. I want all of you to deal with someone like Palmiotti writing your favorite character, at least King has an idea of what to do with Batman and a grasp of the character, Palmiotti on the other hand has zero idea what to do with Harley and just keeps ruining the character

Y'all haven't seen shit

Might as well post this here; Jones' cover for Batman 33.

>it's a "Sup Forums shitting on the best ongoing run" thread

god damn it

I can already taste the salt.

Guess we're starting with Talia then

This is a thread about Batman, not Deathstroke.

>The story is called "Dream A Dream of Me" and takes Batman outside of Gotham.
>Bruce will confess something to Selina in The War Of Jokes And Riddles that shakes her to her core, and in "Dream" he will go into the desert on a "quest," which the Robins and the Justice League "won't believe he's doing."
>The Robins will play a major part of the story.
>King called it "the best Batman arc I've ever done."
Well, I'm interested.

If King took himself off Batman, would you die?

¡that's a funny way of spelling America, pendejo!

Don't forget, we're here 5evah!

Harley Quinn is your favorite character?

So, Batman going to spend the whole arc dreaming?

>>Bruce will confess something to Selina in The War Of Jokes And Riddles that shakes her to her core, and in "Dream" he will go into the desert on a "quest," which the Robins and the Justice League "won't believe he's doing."
>>The Robins will play a major part of the story.

So first issue is about Talia and Damian

Bi-monthly is seriously eroding sales on the second release of the month from the looks of things, it'll go back to monthly before long.

Either that or the change from $3 (which was only ever temporary for the Rebirth launch) to $4 (which is where it was priced since 2012) has sent the cheap seats home. Either way it dropped 16k sales between #24 and #25 and similar the previous month. Not a good look for a book that was once the unchallenged leader of the pack. If it plateaus any lower for any length of time, DC will have lost a lot of their market and dollar share.

He's visiting all of Ex's and asking for all of their permission before he gets married so he knows for certain if he's worthy, starting with talia and Damians permission

I imagine that the tentpoles like Batman and Superman will stay bimonthly and stuff like Green Arrow and Aquaman will be demoted

No but I'd start buying it again

I hope the robins play bigger role than they did in the I am Bane arc.

Yeah, so what? I've been living in Hell for most of you bitches has been and it won't end in the time being.. y'all bitches weak

The "members of his family" in Oct solicit was actually referring to the robins? Good, they are the only ones who should be seen as his family.

>Supes
>"tentpole"

Flash, Detective Comics and JL sell more

It's about Talia. Lame

They are the ones who come to my mind when I read it. So, I'm not surprised because they are Bruce's family plus Alfred.

>Joelle Jones
>"the next Frank Miller"
... In what regard? No, seriously, forget the memes, what actually did he mean by that?

Suddenly I'm a little worried.

For you? He's CIA.

i like it.

I want to enjoy Batman again. Please be good..

Nice to know that I'm not the only person on Sup Forums who enjoys it

The Robins will play a major part of the story.

i like that :)

I assume he means a talented artist who is a solid writer in their own right?

or shes super racist against brown people and has a weird fixation on prostitutes.

We're finally going to get the art the Batman title truly deserves. Maybe she can help co-write it too.

why do you talk like a nigger

I Googled her name to check out her art and saw a lot of titties, so it could be the WHORES thing.

Jeez, co hates King's Batman? It's a million times better than Snyder's shit.

same user
Kings run has been quite fun

I hope he writes more one shots and Detective stories. Those were much better than his long arcs

I hate when Batfamily intrudes in Batman books. Robins have been Flanderised and watered down versions of themselves since new 52, especially Tim and Jason.

>especially Tim and Jason
>Jason
Jason is so much better now than he was in pre-n52.

Red Hood and the Outlaws is one of my favourites

Don't worry he's not sticking around that long. He only signed a 2 year contract and he's going to Marvel after that.

>Bi-monthly is seriously eroding sales on the second release of the month from the looks of things, it'll go back to monthly before long.

DC does more money with trades, the bi-monthly thing is only so they can release trades faster.

Win Win scenario actually

Honestly I've been mostly enjoying it too. I've had some issues with characterization and art, and while I'm usually fine with King's dialogue the repetition goes to far in some of the Batman issues. But when it's at its best it's fantastic (#23, #27, Annual, Elmer Fudd crossover) and compared to the Rebirth line I think it's overall one of the best ones, probably my second favorite behind Deathstroke.
Deathstroke and Doom Patrol are better.
This all sounds really good to me, and I'm glad to have Jones on the arc instead of one of the usual artists.

I only started reading his run with WoJaR, but I'm enjoying it.

You're right. Who am I to someone's favorite character is shit?

He's just a bad boy for Tumblr to fawn over and write incest gay fanfic. He should've been a villain or an anti hero.

>villain
Yeah, they did that in pre-n52 and it failed.

>anti-hero
Which he is.

Terryfag pls you sucks .

>Failed
B&R is still his most acclaimed story. So is the UtRH movie.

Morrison's take on Jason got a big backlash that DC had to bring back Winnick to fix the damage and most people don't see Jason as villain in UTRH.

Didio once actually talked about how he got plenty of angry messages from fans telling him that Jason isn't a villain and he also said in one of the retailers meeting that Jason is one of the most requested character to get a series.

So basically he was ruined by Tumblr and now he's Tumblr the character?

Aquaman's already monthly, isn't it?

No, basically you are stupid and talking to you is pointless.

Is that what you got from his point? Like, really?

Yeah, and I can see Green Arrow going monthly in November/December.

>100 issues to see whether Bruce can ever get past his parents' death

I'd love to hear the apologists' rationalization for yet another fundamental misunderstanding of the character.

Hey look it's Knightmare Batman from BvS

100 issues? Wow, it's like a manga! Much excited such Batma wow!

I feel like that's false

So basically Selina's going to say "No but maybe if you fix yourself, try again." And then we'll have this arc and then Bruce will ask again and she'll say yes. Sounds like a lot of unnecessary blue-balling. Just get to the point, please.

Depends on the month, what gimmicks each book has etc. It sells roughly the same as Flash and JL most of the time, so if it has some kind of hype it can outsell those or vice versa.

>Joelle Jones
>The Next Frank Miller?
I'm not the biggest King fan, but he's not totally off-base here.

>>King said working with Jones is like "working with the next Frank Miller."
TITTIES TITTIES TITTIES TITTIES TITTIES

Cool i like King's Batman

You wuz kangz, right?

Lol, Batman is literally the most elastic character in comics next to the literal elastic superheroes. You sound like a fucking sperg.

It's clear from your post that you can only think in memes and buzzwords.

You should probably get therapy for that. It's abnormal and maladaptive, and in your case it's several enough to stand out even on Sup Forums.

Pretty good, keep trying though.

She's going to do two overhyped comic books, then fuck off to LA for thirty years to write, produce and direct such mediocre movies that even after three decades as a fan of her comic book work you'll barely be able to name three of them without checking IMDB.

Then she's going to end up looking like 90 year old Buzz Aldrin because of all the cocaine, but we'll blame it on "cancer".

Lady Killer is one of my favorite titles

>a "100 issue story arc" king whether Bruce can ever get past his parents' death

Let me save you some time: No he can't, because you hack writers keep bringing it up.

>100 issues of this bullshit

JDIMSA

The comeback of someone who has nothing to say.

There's loose interpretations and there's misunderstanding, Bruce "getting over" his parents death is a reductionist and childish way of looking at the character, and emblematic of King's fundamental misunderstanding of his portrayal of one of the most iconic superheroes of all time as a mentally ill narcissist.

>I hate King's Batman

Woot! King's borrowing from O'Neill's run rather than Dixon's.