Leave being the real Thor to me

Leave being the real Thor to me.

How can a successor be the "real" one?

Who's the guy on the right?

Valstaggthor

When the old one is a coward piece of shit. That's how.

And the real Thor is a self-sacrificing beauty.

I honestly don't think I would've been nearly as mad at Jane wielding Mjolnir if they'd just let Thor keep his goddamn name.

I mean I get it, Marvel realized she wouldn't have sold if they didn't call the comic Thor, and then people would've bitched that there was no Thor if they didn't call her Thor, but it's just made it impossible for me to enjoy this comic and character otherwise.

She's going away in a few years or probably going to meld with Mjolnir at some point as a reason for her being the one to calm the storm inside or some bullshit, thus giving Thor a reason to be Thor again.

I fucking love Whor. Best girl. Best comic.

Please die already so people can start reading again.

>Being this autistic over a name

Get over it.

How pissed do you think Thor is at Jane for keeping this shit from him?

Remember he offered to get her some fucking magic juice or fruit or some shit to heal her cancer, and she told him no because she wanted to fight it her own way, but then she gets the hammer and now it's literally keeping her from taking Chemo right?

At a certain point you have to call a person out for their bullshit. Of course the real reason he'll never do this is because Marvel wants there to be an out in case Jane FosThor's sales get really, REALLY bad, but still.

Ten years from now people are going to look back on this arc and feel the same way people today feel about the early/mid 90s comic book era.

>Implying people even like Thor

I've been reading Thor for years and Whor is the best thing to happen to the franchise. We have an actual well developed protagonist with an arc and Odinson got the first lick of character development he's had in years. The whiners are either casuals who never read comics to begin with or a very small minority of Thor fans who for some reason got attached to a flat character.

You know what, I'm not even going to give you a (you) for that post, it was that awful.

So if I just started calling you Faggot instead of user or whatever your parents picked on a bet, you'd be fine with that?

This isn't like with Batman where people have taken up the mantle before but you could still say "Oh hey, I love me some Dick Bats," or "Fuck, did Azrael really just beat that guy with a piece of 2x4 with a nail in it?", Thor is Thor's name, it's not a title.

It's an Aaron book user. The man is the textbook example of the edditor who wears "I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE" shirts. Basically they have no clue about anything scientific,but think it makes them look smart, so anything magical, even fiction, triggers them.

But user. He could have gotten those development without having Whor. Is there a reason Whor is needed?

>Being this much of a casual

Thor nearly relinquished his name to Bill when he was introduced. It was always a title. Thor is a melodramatic and has always heavily tied his identity to being the God of Thunder. He isn't anymore so he feels he can't be Thor.

Is there a reason she isn't needed? Having her around has only helped the franchise.

>I've been reading Thor for years and Whor is the best thing to happen to the franchise.

Yeah, you need a godawful character to remind the readers that everything else is still ok.

And you didn't need a Social Justice Thor to achieve it, just hire better fucking writers.

Now he relinquished his name to a half dead cancer ridden woman. Much better.

Well that's just stupid.

>helped
This is a pretty big lie user.

In a way she sorta did, when people ditched her book in disgust and started reading Unworthy Thor instead, which was legitimately better than Fem-Thor or even Thor just before the SJW cancer.

Are you talking about character development like throwing his lot in with Hydra?

Whor isn't an awful character. You'd realize this if you picked up the book and quit REEEEing about "muh SJW boogeyman".

That's not an argument but ok.

>"The canon is stupid!"

C'mon. You dont have to agree with it but it's the rules and consistent characterization.

for you

Blame Spencer for ignoring everything Aaron has done with Odinson over the last couple years.

Yeah. She's the best character ever. I think OP already proved his point with post like
which shows that she is much better than that piece of shit Odinson

>Whor isn't an awful character.

She's a fucking horrible Mary Sue, only time she needed help was when the writer felt the comic could use some more feminist preaching in it.

Oh you're one of those casuals who read two pages from that early issue years ago and decided that was the entire comic.

>ultimate spider-man reaction pic
already proves your taste is shit and opinion discarded

It's a reaction pic user. Dont try to weasel your way out of the argument because you got caught.

I can't wait for her to die of cancer. Like Captain Marvel, it will be the highlight of her career.

We saw how pissed he was 2 issues ago. Of course he stopped being pissed when Jane keels over from cancer so...

That's not an argument it's an assertion and a poor one, in terms of defending Whor, since it claims user actually read an issue before making his judgement.

Fuck her hypocritical cancerous butt. She brought it on herself. Even the shills can't defend it.

Jane is definitely going to die, but FemThor is probably gonna be here for a long time still.

More or less it is. Your taste must be terrible if this is what you call "good".

>muh self-sacrifice meme

I'm really confused by the old world morals you people choose to extol and the ones you choose to abhor.

This pasta was stale the first time you posted it.

>More or less it is

Except it isn't casual.

She looks and sounds like a crack whore here. It wouldn't surprise me if she said she'd suck Thor's dick if he gave her what she wanted.

It was just a stupid then they have been calling him Thor for thousands of years before he got the hammer but now it's a title

Why did she say that with a sexist tone?
Is Fosthor sexist?

>the real Thor is a self-sacrificing beauty

How is this a sacrifice? If she doesn't do this she will literally die from cancer.

Shh. Whor fags don't like people asking logical questions even though Aaron writes most Thor stories as mysteries.

To be fair, that was a really bad first impression.

I don't actually thick Aaron's a bad writer I think he's fallen victim to shit editors if you go back and read the run it's clear that he had no intentions of replacing Thor

>He was going to relinquish Thor anyway!
Okay, user, that's bullshit, but for this post I believe it. Thor is not Thor's name. So, when Thor inevitably stops being Thor, what is he going to call himself? John?

not soon enough

>Whor isn't an awful character.
She's literally doing a "Get out of the way, silly boys, and let a WOMAN show you how it's done!" in the OP.
>it's the rules and consistent characterization.
If the rules are retarded and the characters are retarded, I don't give a shit how consistent it is: It's still retarded.

Editorial mandate would certainly explain the bullshit "no magic cure" contradiction. That would require editors though which seem to be MIA at Marvel nowadays.

The only people who don't revere self-sacrifice as a concept are niggers, lawyers, politicians and businessmen. Four different flavors of fucking scum.

>well developed protagonist
Bruh, I am also reading Thor and she is literally everything but.

cancerous bitch

>Okay, user, that's bullshit,

Read the issues where Beta Ray Bill appears

>So, when Thor inevitably stops being Thor, what is he going to call himself? John?

As long as he is the God of Thunder he is Thor. He isn't GoT currently so he feels he can't keep his name. Is there an autism barrier that keeps you guys from getting this? This has to keep being explained for the last 3 years.

>Please know Jesus that I would never...
>No. Do not call me by that name. I am not worthy of it.
>Son. Please...
>I am still the son of God. I am still Christ.
>But she is Jesus now.

>all this bait
Sure is summer in here.

>"The canon is retarded!"

You're clearly a casual who has never read Thor or given a shit about the franchise so why do you wanna dictate the canon now? Because there are some politics you don't like? You sound like a SJW.

I wish the MCU never happened so casuals will quit pretending they know about my comics.

>my comics

What's good about Jane Thor?

The costume design?

The series has the feel of being an old school Thor comic. The recent Thor runs were too much "muh epic god stories!" so it's refreshing to bring Thor back to its roots.

The art is superb too.

>If she doesn't do this she will literally die from cancer.
No, if she KEEPS doing this she WILL die from cancer. Transforming into Thor undoes all the effects of chemo.

No no, I mean Jane Thor the character, the person. Sell me on her.

>It was always a title
I wish to god I could slap you right now, I really, really do.

>Transforming into Thor undoes all the effects of chemo
how does that work?

She's cute?

I find the way she chooses to approach her cancer to be pretty compelling. IIRC she refused a magic treatment because magic is what gave her the cancer in the first place and Marvel tries to do that "magic has a price thing". She has no interest in doing chemo(every time she turns into Thor it "resets" its effects)because of the miserable effects of it(much like Walt's decision in the early seasons of Breaking Bad). Jane willfully chooses to spend her last days as a god protecting people. She knows the end is coming and wants to make the most of it.

Then there's the whole thing of watching a human experience what it's like being Thor from their perspective.

If I still had Marvel Unlimited I would screencap the panel where a distressed Thor nearly gives his livelihood away to Bill.

Chemo is basically poison, so transforming gets rid of it. But it doesn't get rid of the cancer. Yeah, I don't know.

Do you have any specific pages or arcs that you feel best exemplify her as a character?

I ask because the pages most often posted on Sup Forums don't paint her in a very flattering light (and not just the very early Absorbing Man scene), but as is often the case characters have their moments where they're written well and moments where they're written terribly, and Sup Forums likes to cherrypick and bicker over the latter ones while ignoring the former ones.

Jane wields the hammer for selfish reasons. Im half inclined to believe she doesnt even want to get better

no, I want to slap you because you're shitting on the mythos.
I know that Thor wanted to give it up to Beta Ray Bill - that is not the issue. The issue being that "thor" would be a Title. It is his name. The hammer was made FOR Thor, and Thunder was named AFTER thor, as in "the person" not "the title." Odin can hold the hammer and wield it just fine, but does that make him "thor"? no.

She really doesn't. Beta Ray Bill should have taken Mjolnir up.

I'm on mobile now(yeah yeah get your phoneposting autism out the way) so I can't at the moment. I highly recommend reading her runs.

She has nice arms.

Read the first 8 issue arc. If you like it, then you'll like the rest. If you think it is retarded, don't fall for the shills who scream casual saying it gets better. It doesn't.

Why does Jane Foster suddenly not act like Jane Foster.

>Acknowledges I'm right
>Says I'm shitting on the mythos

What? Thor heavily ties his personal identity to being the God of Thunder. He created the legend. If he isn't the GoT then he's not Thor. That's how he's always rationalizes it. That is a personal character decision to make his name a title, not a rule.

no, you don't fucking get it. You can't just give away your name! Even if Beta Ray Bill would've taken up the title of "thunder-god", he wouldn't be called thor, he'd still be Beta Ray Bill.
it has to do with the origin of not just the character, but the entire Mythology.

I'm not a big fan of "female thor", mainly because I think she's boring and poorly written, but something that would have swung my opinion a little more would be if she hadn't been calling herself thor.
It'd be like calling Loki "Odin", just because he managed to wrestle the Odinforce from him at one point, its just silly.

>"I say he can't do it!"

Canon says otherwise. Thor thinks he's unworthy of his identity and refuses to be called by it. And yes if Bill became GoT he would be called Thor. Odin once entertained the name of "Beta Ray Thor"

>Can't have been easy for you to become Thor.
>Jane literally just picked up a Hammer to become Thor.

He's not real and as such does not have agency. He didn't want to make his name a title, some author/editor did.

see

She doesn't even have to pick it up anymore. It just flies into her hand on its own.

Then that argument makes your point moot. So the character and author can't dictate canon but you can?

False equivalence

How so?

That would require undoing some magic. Bill can wield the other hammer and not turn into Thor because he's already got his own Thorlike thing going on through his own hammer.

Why do you insist on making this bait thread over and over again. All you do is make people hate your favorite character even more. Instead if you actually cared about her being well liked you'd be storytiming her comics or talking about her in a way that doesn't stir up shit like you always do.

The Bible isn't a capeshit Marvel comic.

A better example would be Captain America giving his mantle over to.....wait, he's done that before.

If king author can't pull out the sword from the rock, then he is not the king. He is just author.

>Please know Steve that I would never...
>No. Do not call me by that name. I am not worthy of it.
>I am still Captain America. I am still Rogers.
>But she is Steve now.

I was buying it until I saw that Squirrel Girl.In what infernal realm is that considered cute?

We're talking superhero mantles dude. Thor and his name happen to be one in the same.