SECRET EMPIRE #7 PREVIEW

In which Carol is not written like shit

Yaas, Queen!

Carol just fucking leave. IF the Shield breaks then send back the combat ready troops. Leaving all these wounded people in the front of waves is stupid.

Literally who cares about female Quasar? Why would Carol care this much?

I hate Sorrentino's art in this... Everyone looks the same and there's no sense of space

Why don't they just ask other realities for help?

Why do they keep insisting that Queer-sar is anything more than a diversity brownie point? She's supposed to be the most powerful of them all and she jobbed out in the first issue like her name was Enzo

Don't want her to be a Mary Sue. Like Chavez.

Because she's Spencer's sole example of LGBT rep...

No, seriously

The art is bad and I don't feel any compassion for Carol at all. This dialogue makes me hate her even more. It feels like she doesn't give a shit about Quasar and only cares that she wakes up to use her.

This whole Chitari bullshit is even worst. They don't feel like a threat at all. If a small group of people can hold out wave after wave of them then why doesn't she believe Hydra can?

Even in her boring ongoing there is no feeling of attrition or pressure . Just mindnumbing Dynasty Warriors-esque beat downs. I have a feeling it was movie synergy or some shit. Any other race would of been a little more interesting than the Chitari. Hell, even adding some actual Cosmic bad guys to the mix of waves would actually be interesting. At least we would get decent fight scenes.

We need more shit like pic related.

Geez, and I thought I hated Civil War II

I like this America.

that cover art combined with the green trade dress is fucking gorgeous
might end up framing it

>punisher
>hydra agent
I hope the rumor that this is actually Chameleon is true.

Starbrand should be much more powerful than her.

Why don't they just have America open a portal to 616 earth from an alternate earth?

D man says hi

Shield is too strong. I shit you not, that is the explanation. Even Ultimate Reed (The Maker) can't get into it.

You know who wouldn't be in a coma, Wendell.

Why does everybody on the galaxy hate earth Now? Like everybod is a whole lot of people.

Isn't Starbrand powerful enough to obliterate thousands of chitauri without breaking a sweat?

Why doesn't Doorman just open a portal to the Cancerverse and let them kill themselves.

is that supposed to be starbrand? isnt he dead?

This event does not deserve these covers.

You know how this will end? with Carol using the Quantum Bands because "girl power", MCU synergy and all that shit.

They don't even need to do anything, they could just park the station near the moon and let the chitauri slam into the shield and get vaporized. The damn thing is like a giant bug zapper, there is no need for them to fight them apart from protecting the station.

Because Doorman's not a dick, he's a good dude.

Yes, but for Spencer only muh waifu "original character" is able to break the shield... this would not have happened if Wendell were Quasar.

>MCU synergy and all that shit.
>neither Carol nor the bands are in the MCU
Really tingles my spider-sense.

No, the guys that died fighting the beyonders in time runs pout all came back to life.

Why doesn't someone else put on the Quantum Bands? Carol, Monica, Blue Marvel, all of them have more cosmic power and experience, so they'd be better with them than Avril.

Why don't they just move slightly out of the way of the waves? They don't even need to move to the other side of the planet, just step a little out of the way and the chitauri would ignore them and suicide into the shield. What reason is there to fight them?

>We need more shit like pic related.
Sorry but that looks awful. Also
>America Chavez-paramedic for the multiverse
No.

all of them? where's that other macho dude that died fighting along side thor?

Caro just had a speech about how bad it would be if the shield went down. And this bitch went down in the first wave, it would only endanger people

They can't be taken off user

Not yet... but if the rumors are true, then this is pre-synergy xD like the Hela/Thanos thing.

Pretty sure he lost that power

Because there is the very real chance that the bands will vaporize them.

What about he uses the fucking bands again like this user suggested ?

Then how the fuck did Wendell get them off?

you have to loose your hands. quantum bands stay on til you die...except for wendell for some reason.

>Sorry but that looks awful
I'm not talking about the artwork or the gore. I'm talking about using powers in interesting ways. Chavez tapping into Cyclops's eye dimension and using it as a weapon is neat.

>America Chavez-paramedic for the multiverse
That literally the name they gave her. I have no idea why they did it since a Para medic is nothing more than a less educated nurse.

nah carol still a shit. a completely self centered shit that needs to get her face busted in by all the marvels and shazams ever.

Interesting.

I'm pretty sure Carol is the kind of person who wouldn't shy away from mutilation if the situation calls for it.

I think the idea is that a paramedic is like the first line of defense, the person who rides in with the cavalry and keeps someone from dying then and there on the ground

It's a cool image that has nothing to do with how they actually use her, of course

monica and america even suggest that. carol wants to stay and fight because she is a completely incompetent idiot.

Because Avril is several times stronger than everybody else combined

Nova is there too and it doesn't bridge the gap at all

Am I the only one disappointed that superior octopus hasn't popped up more during secrecy empire?

>Because Avril is several times stronger than everybody else combined
Nothing personell I guess.

I dunno it happened off screen. Maybe Eon did it

I think Nick wants to stay out of Slotts way and vice-versa. They both get to do the shit they want with limited interactions with one another. Slott plays along with the event. He tugs the line most of the time anyway. Not to mention Miles is basically a Pete replacement in this event.

It was her girlfriend said as a joke in regards to her fixing tears in the universe in ultimates and her girlfriend is a nurse. I don't think it has actually been said by anyone else and is just used in Ewing's name tag thing

>Gabby Rivera's writing is now the accepted lore for America Chavez

Jesus Christ that is stupid. So now shes stuck with this terrible nickname because a fat Puerto Rican said so.

Rich was able to take them off after he fought Ego

given that logic shouldn't wendell be three times as strong as her? no one cares about spencer's oc.

Wendell doesn't have grrl power, so he's far weaker.

wendell was a ghost in the bands at the time maybe? i'll have to reread it.

The bands Rich was wearing at the time seemed corporeal to me.

At least the art is not as bad as the last issue.

Only good thing about the delay of the last issue, we get the next one right away

She wants in her pants.

Ewing wrote that user it was in the avengers 000 one shot

compares her to Galctus and the celestials
>jobs her to a mecha snake

What a glass cannon. I can't even think of a bigger dissonance between output and durability in the 616.

>isnt the character who died pre-secret wars dead?

Stop asking these bullshitquestion you dense retards.

seeHyperion is right there he just cut off his beard