So what the fuck is up with this?

So what the fuck is up with this?

It's plastic man, he's having a nap

It's Eel in an egg.

yeah but why is he in an egg?
why does Batman have him locked up like that?
what the fuck is going on?

Something to do with a metal from another dimension that I am sure Plastic Man will suddenly be made out of like a shit version of T-1000.

It was mentioned that Plastic Man is unstable. So either:
1. Batman is an asshole and decided that Plastic Man is too dangerous to be allowed to run around.
2. Plastic Man had a problem with controlling his powers and conveniently only now they found out (or they only bothered to find them now that they need him) have the means to stabilize them.

Locked up. Very powerful meta.

I saw some thing about how the mystery is not why is Plastic Man an egg but what's in the egg?

Or option three- he's there on a lark, letting Batman think he's trapped.

"Hey Plas, you can have a New 52 ongoing if you can bounce like a ball."

"HA BATMAN, YOU FOOOOL, WATCH THIS AND GET FUCKEN HARRRDDD"

*6 years later*

"Oh good, we've rebirthed. Let's try this again."

Snyder said in an interview that there's something else imprisoned inside of Plas as well. Metamorpho?

He fell into a vat of acid ala the Joker in his classic origin right? Something something it was a liquid form of the metal, something something got in his blood, something something metal levels in his brain made him unstable ala mercury poisoning.

Why is Elongated Man always such a douche?

He showed up in jli image. Then got rebooted in forever evil but dropped.

But forget all that. They're gonna use the Morrison one.

It's a direct visual homage to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

This is literally a carbon copy of a panel of Batman and Elongated Man finding Plastic Man subdued in the same manner.

Ah thank you, I posted about this visual reference further down in the comment section, but was unable to find this scan.

Unstable means funny and crazy. They always treated him like that.

Coming soon.

>yeah but why is he in an egg?
When you buy Silly Putty, it comes in a container shaped like an egg.

Which comic was this in again? main batman or one the sides and which number because i dont think i read it.

He has nth metal in his vains.

He's only a douche when he's written with a small dick. Every time Ralph sucks in a story it's because he's measuring himself up against someone else, whether that's Batman (as a detective) or Plastic Man (as a stretchy hero). Take him out of that dick measuring contest and remind him he had a smoking hot wife and he's quite nice.

He's not, they just have a way of rubbing each other the wrong way.

Is no one able to inform me? its been bugging me for a while.

The metal books.

Dark Days the Forge #1, it was released a month ago, the next was Dark Days the Casting #1 and those two are a prelude for Metal #1 which is DC's summer event

Iv been getting the main batman rebirth issues with superman rebirth, i guess the local comic shop i goto just didnt end up selling me these guess i will just have to wing it once main batman rebirth goes into metal.

This isn't Marvel, not every book ties into the event at the time, batman and superman don't tie into it and likely won't even mention it

Pic related is the checklist for the event, with the Batman [______] #1 being about versions of batman from the dark multiverse, and the others like green arrow are about a resistance team, bare in mind that none of the tie ins are necessary but will help flesh stuff out

If you want to read this but don't want the tie ins, get Dark Days The Forge #1, Dark Days The Casting #1 and Dark Nights: Metal #1-6

I guess thats why the guy didnt put those in with my regular comics because they dont have to be read, but id still like to ask if he still has some to sell to read them anyway dont want to miss any details.

It’s not from Batman and Superman. It’s another series that you have to add to your pull list or buy from the racks.

Only The Forge and The Casting has been released so far, but they're popular so you might not be able to find them, though I would suspect they're going to be given another print run.

Just ask him to put the books on that checklist on your pull and you'll be sure to get them

Im lucky I have this guy, im in the UK so its rare to have any kind of comic place tho he lost his shop so hes doing it from home so hopefully he can keep going I have to read the watch men stuff later this year and see whats up with plastic man.

I am still waiting for the day that earth 47 with sunshine superman and the love syndicate of dream world gets some love.

I'm in the UK too, but thankfully I live in London so I have like 5 stores about an hour from where I live, and 3 within 10 mins of eachother

He's playing the looooong con