Alan Moore & Kevin O'Neill present The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume IV: THE TEMPEST

topshelfcomix.com/mobile/news/1086

Six-issue miniseries will serve as "swan song" not only to award-winning LEAGUE series but also to creators' careers
San Diego, CA (July 20, 2017) – After an epic seventeen-year journey through the entirety of human culture – the biggest cross-continuity ‘universe’ that is conceivable – Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill will conclude both their legendary League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and their equally legendary comic-book careers with the series’ spectacular fourth and final volume, The Tempest.

Is he going to throw a bitchfit about The Hunger Games in this one? Maybe continue to pretend video games don't exist?

Am I seeing correctly?
Finally, the Zwielichthelden get a day in the limelight.

>Old Man complains how everything sucks today and the past was perfect: the comic

Pass.

>Alan Moore retires

Isn't this the third or fourth time he's retired?

Century wasn't meant to be the end?

So which modern franchise he doesn't like will he shit all over this time? Will he top off Harry Potter being the Antichrist that murders people with lightning he shoots out of his penis?

>Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill will conclude both their legendary League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and their equally legendary comic-book careers
That sounds depressing. Like a suicide pact.

People really lost their shit about the Harry Potter thing, huh? Century wasn't bad at all. I mean, did you read the other ones?
>It's not OK when it's MY childhood franchise!!

Somebody doesn't understand what Alan is trying to say here which is completely true with the rise of YA and grown adults reading this childish junk.

So the message was don't read Harry Potter, read Mary Poppins instead?

I also didn't like the way he treated James Bond. The original book Bond was a mysoginistic asshole, but Alan Moore turned him into a rapist and a traitor to Britain.

>mysoginistic asshole
He was cold and pragmatic.

Vesper deserved to die, the cunt.

I enjoy how the LoEG series actually ends up enshrining a woman as its definitive main character and utterly and even kinda comically repudiates the preening masculinity its pulp characters had from the first: Hyde, Bond, Quatermain is utterly worthless when he's unmanned, even Orlando doesn't escape getting tarred. And the evil Harry Potter expy is very much an adolescent male figure too.

But wait actually I forgot it's complete dogshit because it has an evil Harry Potter, ho hum. And let's never, ever talk about the art either.

Basically.

First was when he quit DC after the Killing Joke in 1988. Second was in 2005 after Promethia. Then it was at the end of the last league book.

The point isn't for these characters to be exactly like their books.

Can't wait for Alan to reveal himself as the last living Marstonian at the end of this.

Isn't there one scene where Mina basically says that even 2009 sucks more than 1910 because culture back in 1910 was somehow better even though people in 1910 were poor and miserable?

I know, but there's a difference between Alan Moore doing a gritty reimagining of a character, and Alan Moore doing a shitty reimagining of a character designed for the sole purpose of insulting the character and the work they come from. It's easy to tell them apart.

Of course not, but if they're going to be all lies then why even do something like this?

It's not as though Mina's backstory had it that it wasn't a vampire but a serial killer.

Yeah, because Mina is totally secure in her own opinions and age in Century.

>Alan Moore doing a shitty reimagining of a character designed for the sole purpose of insulting the character and the work they come from
>sole purpose
I'd venture you literally cannot find me a long Moore story that does this. Century sure as fuck doesn't. Have you read "The Magician" user?

>Yeah, because Mina is totally secure in her own opinions and age in Century.
Except that then Orlando agrees with her, saying that culture has become "irrelevant".

Century sucked though.

>Century sure as fuck doesn't.
You really don't see how Moore shat all over Harry Potter and everything about him? Or what he did with Bond?

>I'd venture you literally cannot find me a long Moore story that does this

Neonomicon does, and Moore has admitted it.

I dispute that's the sole purpose of any not!character in Century, for sure.

It's Nasu rules, babe.

Good guys were bad all along and/or cute girls

Bad guys were somehow good all along and/or cute girls.

The SOLE PURPOSE of Neonomicon is to shit on R. Albert Fishman, an unnamed Lovecraft character? Is this an argument you're actually making?

If you're gonna pull Word of God, link me.

>The SOLE PURPOSE of Neonomicon is to shit on R. Albert Fishman, an unnamed Lovecraft character? Is this an argument you're actually making?

It's to shit on Lovecraft's fiction

>People really lost their shit about the Harry Potter thing, huh? Century wasn't bad at all. I mean, did you read the other ones?

It was dull outside of the drugged mind fight, the protagonists were useless, the antagonists were useless, it was a stealth plug for the NEMO series, and it was concluded with an actual deus ex machina.

IIRC the actual argument here is that it's to fill in the gaps in Lovecraft's fiction: to face the icky sexual shit and racism Lovecraft generally only implies or places in an entirely safe and familiar setting (in terms of characters).

That is not, by any means, the same thing as its sole purpose being to shit on a Lovecraft character and their associated work. And Neonomicon feeds into Providence anyway, which is basically as faithful and complete a Lovecraft work you could ever ask for if you're into Lovecraft's stories and writing circle.

>Neonomicon
>good

You didn't answer me when I asked if you're read The Magician. Have you read Providence?

>generally only implies

"Niggerman" actually managed to fly over somebody's head? Someone was that dense? They needed the rat/fish/yeti hybrids explained to them too, did they?

So you admit that it's SJW garbage?

Huh.
Captcha: House Close

Yes, Providence is fantastic.

Neonomicon goes out of its way to frame Lovecraft and his fiction as subpar and lacking, whose only distinction is what Lovecraft DIDN'T do and do a lot of justice to H.P.'s character too.

>lol asexual racism
>let;s have lots of sex and racists in this

>justice

Injustice*, sorry.

I mean, Neonomicon starts off with two characters and one of them's black. That's what I'm talking about with safe and familiar in terms of characters, right? Lovecraft's characters are mostly all him or people he could easily relate to.

I actually don't give a single fuck what you think of it, whether it's good or not, whether the politics of it make you despise it or what. I'm just asking you consider it slightly more in depth than "it shits on Harry Potter, therefore it is the worst" because it is written on a more in depth basis than that.

> Kevin O'Neill's last comic

A hero we didn't deserve

Moore clearly doesn't when it comes to the entities depicted in 2009. Go be mad at him then, if such a track irks you so.

>I actually don't give a single fuck what you think of it but I'll respond

I see Lara Croft but I don't recognize the third girl. LoEG tend to pick British heroes and Katniss is American.

>Finally, the Zwielichthelden get a day in the limelight.

In the Janni miniseries, there was a whole part in the Berlin Metropolis during the 40's - heavily features Mabuse and Caligari, and Maria after Rotwang's death. It's fun stuff.