The worst enemy the hero ever faces is their future self

>the worst enemy the hero ever faces is their future self
Aside from Danny Phantom and pic related, where else can I find more of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sc5iTNVEOAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not his worst enemy, but one Ben 10 villain is an evil alternate future self of him with time travel powers. It was really confusing. I don't think they ever explained how he became that way.

The Justice Lords

>Marvel heroes so desperate to beat Hulk they had to drag superman into their mess.

youtube.com/watch?v=sc5iTNVEOAg

I still don't get how a lot of those hoeroea/villians died.

Huh. Never noticed that before.

judging from how the story went, nuclear war. Which is rather ridiculous considering that you have heroes there that shrug off nuclear blasts, or can shield themselves from it.

I think it was because of a series of intergalactic wars added to the nuclear war on Earth, plus old age could have taken a toll on some of them.

>Maestro defeats heroes that, while not capable of defeating the hulk, can't be felled by brute Force and could force a stalemate like Vision

IMO, Maestro is the best non X-Men villain of Marvel. Perhaps the best one.

The last season of Flash did this

Are there any other good stories with the Maestro? I really enjoyed his character. Hell, I'd kill to a prequel that shows how he survived the war and built his city.

tehcnically, it wasn't a future version of himself. Savitar was revealed to be a time remnant that didn't go poof.

Do Imperfect Future and Hulk: The End take place in the same universe?
They were both written by Peter Davis, so...

Nah, it's stated in THE End that bruce/hulk shaves often so he doesn't end up looking like the Maestro.

No. The End is a divergent timeline. Bruce shaves so as not to see Maestro in himself when he Hulks out, but Hulk sealed himself away back before he could turn into Maestro.

They heavily allude to it in the first live action movie which is sort of canon.

Couldn't it be that once Hulk is left alone with no Banner (who was the one making the conscious choice to shave regularly) he does turn into the Maestro?

It can't. Because Maestro rebuilds society and rules over it as the Maestro. The Recorder in The End tells Bruce that he's the last living human.

Is the run with Doc Hulk (or whatever he was called) worth the read?

Well, all humans who lived under the Maestro's heel were under the surface and didn't emerge until he was done building dystopia. He might have missed them.

They mention the movie happened in another timeline, but they completely changed Eon's origin. Originally he was part of a race of time traveling aliens from another dimension.

If you're referring to The Professor then yes. The PAD run on The Incredible Hulk is a classic.

The Professor is when Hulk had Banner's brain, right?
Actually, I meant that more recent run with Hulk hunting down all gamma affected individuals and taking their powers away so he could be the only Hulk left.

You're referring to Doc Green then. Iirc that was Cullen Bunn but that's definitely worth a read too. As for The Professor it's an entity that came about by merging Grey Hulk, Savage Hulk, and Banner together.

Thanks for the info, user. It's been helpful.

I forgot about him. Was he the one who was a huge hero in the future or was that in the first season?

Infamous.

That's Eon. You're thinking of Ben 10000.

Hulk buried himself in a cave and sealed the entrance in such a manner that he was completely cut off from even the noise of the world going to shit.

Adam Warlock's archenemy the Magus was him from the future.
In one of the Titan Doctor Who events the villain is a possible future version of The Doctor. The Doctor Who show itself had the Valeyard who was a future Doctor trying to steal his past self's regeneration energy.
They're not enemies, but there's an interesting dynamic between Enzo and his alternate future self Matrix in the last season of ReBoot.