Is it possible to make a character that has the ability to beat Hulk without it feeling unnatural or forced

Is it possible to make a character that has the ability to beat Hulk without it feeling unnatural or forced.

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.com/Q/How_much_does_a_tectonic_plate_weigh
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. Hulk isn't actually that strong, he just has an abnormally large amount of wankers because he's buff and has a catchy catchphrase.

I bet Plastic man could

>Telekinetic

>Just levitate him off the ground

Ezy.

Yes.

Hi.

Someone with the ability to control other people's emotions. Just make him not angry.

Anti-Venom could absorb his radiation like he did to Spider-Man.

i wanna see plastic man doing some fucked up shit what should i look into?

>claps
>sonic waves fucks the telekinetic up

Has been tried.

I remember Wallflower calmed him down to a more docile state with her pheromones once. That may have been a danger room thing though

dr manhattan

>make a character
>has the ability to beat Hulk
y tho?

This shit sounds like that trend on scip where every new character created can beat that ugly lizard because its the strongest

Morrison and Kelly’s JLA
He doesn’t do a lot of extreme shit in Jack Cole’s original work, but those stories are filled with inventive uses of his powers. Definitely a must read. Same with Kyle Baker’s run.

An arrow does wonders.

Where?

Why not a bigger Hulk with double/triple the arms?

Surly that will give the Hulk a good rogerin'

Because, unlike SCPs, Hulk is a character in an action-adventure story and dramatic tension must be retained unless you're going full comedy with the premise.

Bye

Wrong.

>Is it possible to make a Hulk that has the ability to beat a character without it using rage and "strongest there is"?

>Is it possible to make a Hulk that has the ability to beat a character without it using rage and "strongest there is"?
I'm not sure what you're implying user. Grey Hulk and The Professor have beaten several characters through cunning.

>Hulk isn't actually that strong
>Almost blew up the planet just by standing on it

That was concentrated Hulk wank by a hack writer user.

Quiet, dorf.

Not him, but it's one of the Punisher vs Marvel Universe titles. Frank shoots Hulk through the eye with an arrow tipped with one of Wolverine's claws.

Wear earplugs. TK him to a reasonable distance before he thinks to clap. Problem solved.

Someone with phasing abilities could fuck him up. Phase a brick where his brains at, materialize it. Wouldn't kill him but he'd be a vegetable for sure

Anyone with access to some kind of knockout gas can defeat the Hulk. It's the number one way to take out the Hulk if they can get him early on.

Sentry, Superman, the real Superboy aka Superboy "Prime", every Superman-tier character.

Every but Kon-El. He can't.

Cast Power word "Kill".
Cast Death Files.
Cast any almighty spell as they negate all physical and elemental resistance.

I know many of you are going to call BS, but there are ways to kill the Hulk and many other Sup Forums related characters.

>earplugs
>sonic damage

Uh..no, shockwaves can case massive internal injuries, the pressure change a lone can cause your eardrums to explode.

>t. butthurt Knife-Ear

Couldn't a character that can absorb kinetic energy basically neutralize him? As the hulk attacks, they would absorb the energy, increasing their own strength in an endless stalemate?

I think someone like Shaw or Bishop could not withstand the punishment. With those type of characters the body can only hold so much energy before exploding or needing release. With the strength of the Hulk, strongest in Marvel (maybe capeshit), there bodies could not keep up and would die from the abuse. They can usually still feel pain (pending on the writer) as well.

Do they have to absorb it themselves? Could one create a portal to the punch dimension and send Hulk's punches there?

KEKEK. It would not be Sup Forums without a daily comment about the punch dimension. I guess anything is possible, it is capeshit.

Superman would rock Hulk without even trying, casual.

The problem is that Shaw and Bishop can simply release the stored energy long before it'd actually harm them.

Sonic waves don't work based on the Hulk's strength though... more on how fast he's moving his hands. And how much air he displaces.

Besides, just get a stronger psionic mutant or whatever. Any flightless character is powerless against being thrown into space... or really, just having their brain jostled around in their skull a bit. Works either way.

All telekinetic powers are crazy broken, but comics like to showcase tight muscled spandex straining to hold up a building or something.

Wrong, very, very wrong. You Supesfags think he cannot be beat. Hulk, especially Planet Hulk, would go Doomsday on the Man of Steel.

Doom.

I'd buy it

Well if Hulk kept the beat down going I tend to think they would not be able to release it to match the assault going on. People forget Hulk is fast as well as strong. I think it would be kind of like the Wolverine treatment that happened when they fought in Planet Hulk.

I hate to be the anime guy, but someone with the power to redirect energy would be able to beat Hulk really easily

Deflect punches
Deflect sound waves from sonic clap
Deflect thrown debris
If he tries to grapple, you get to do some XXXXXL sized Judo

You'd pretty much have to take one of the weakest versions of Supes to make it a fair fight.

Hulk could at his best trade blows... but Superman has flight, is faster than Hulk has ever been (even when as weak as his JLU versions) and has tons of other powers.

>Shug, you look about as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

In general the Marvel universe is much lower on an average power level wise. I'm not criticising it, I actually like it.

It's just a fact. Superman is so ridicuously overpowered that in order to adjust for it they have to raise power levels all across the board in the DC universe.

if you don't KO or BFR the Hulk. He just keeps on going because of his healing factor. Which means he keeps getting angrier. Which makes him stronger, faster, and heal faster. Eventually Hulk is so powerful that Supes can't let Hulk ever tag him.

I see your point, I just think Hulk, especially when enraged, cannot be stopped and it would not be an easy fight for Superman. His speed, strength, healing factor, durability, etc. would all come into play. Doomsday, original, is a good comparison.

>"Oh boy Jimmy, did you know that if I put this single dollar in the bank, the interest on it would eventually make me a millionaire?"

Assuming that Superman was dumb enough to let the Hulk just keep powering up forever without attempting to KO the Hulk (he's a smart fighter, in addition to being a physical god in most versions)... even if you have no upper growth limit, it would take AGES for him to close the gap with Superman.

Superman at his best can juggle planets and sing his enemies out of existence without sweating or working up to it. The Hulk needs entire comic series and the love of his life to die in front of him to reach planet buster levels... which Superman can do without a thought.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

why not just portal a hulk punch back into himself

hulk doesn't need air

I'll never understand how someone could think Hulk could actually take on Superman without actively stacking things in the Hulk's favor.

Doesn't he?

Either way, that's great, he can float around the emptiness of space for a while and cool down. He has no way to move in space.

Because you are Supesfag who has not read a Hulk book obviously.

Explain to me why Superman would not just instantly KO the Hulk instead of just letting him get stronger. Even if he did let the Hulk get stronger he'd just be a threat to literally everyone but Superman for a long time.

Nice counter.

The Hulk isn't a bad character, but almost no one beats Superman in a fight. He literally was started as a "HE CAN DO ANYTHING" character, and honestly held on to most of his powers. He can lift the sun if he needs to. Read an entire library in seconds so he can perform surgery if he sees the need.

Hulk couldn't touch him.

Meant for

Because you cannot just insantly KO the Hulk, regardless of how strong Superman is. This fucking idea that Superman is the greatest hero of all time and has no equal is flawed beyond belief. No one is saying he could not win, but the idea he would run through Hulk is hilarious. Doomsday is basically DC Hulk (not Grundy) and we seen what happen(ed) happens there.

The fact that Doomsday fucked up Superman so bad just shows how far above the Hulk he is.The Hulk stands no chance unless you purposely make things more difficult for Supes like using one of his weaker versions or something.

I really liked Carol in this series and I had high hopes that she'd get more popular in the comics and be more like this.
And then she got more popular in the comics.
And now I wish she would just die.

It really isn't. Doomsday is not the Hulk, Doomsday is one of the strongest DC characters. He's Superman strength tier.

Hulk just isn't. Have you even read Hulk? Let me know what you think Hulk's greatest feat is. Hit me with it.

You are splitting hairs, using silver age Superman as an example for fucking everything and defending a moot point. No one is saying your boy scout would not win just the idea it would be an easy fight is pure bullshit. You are being blinded by being a fanboi. Superman, no matter what you may like to think, had issues fighting Aquaman and a ton of weaker characters before. If you want to get down to it, Superman would not go straight for a KO punch anyway, since that seems to be the 'go to answer', he is not that kind of character. Hulk would just get stronger as the fight went on (his toughness and healing has nothing to do with his anger), the fight would go on, it would last days and in the end it would be up to who was writing it when it came down to who won.

>Hulk just isn't. Have you even read Hulk? Let me know what you think Hulk's greatest feat is. Hit me with it.

Not that guy.
But Hulk didn't die when Zeus backhanded him.
And I'm pretty sure Superman isn't Skyfather tier.

Holding a fucking planet together by their tectonic plates.

>it's

By high level comic standards, being able to blow up a planet (in a wanked incarnation no less) is utterly unimpressive.

And Hulk once got taken down by Batman... what's your point?

On average, Hulk is several tiers below Superman. Superman has had some weaker versions, but he still stands above Hulk with feats.

This always comes down the same way in Goku vs Superman, or X vs Superman threads... Supes is a character written to be limitless. To surpass everything. To be above all else.

Also, just in case you wondered the weight of those plates.
answers.com/Q/How_much_does_a_tectonic_plate_weigh

TLDR:forty sextillion, six hundred and seventy eight quintillion, two hundred and forty quadrillion kilograms

Batman has taken down Superman. Not impressive nor a good example.

Congratulations. Meanwhile Superman bench pressed the entire weight of the Earth several times over for five fucking days straight. And survived Brainiac setting off a fucking supernova in his face.

One thing very consistent about the Hulk: normally, he can't even destroy a planet. That's the whole reason "World Breaker Hulk" is a thing and known by that title.

Not that impressive, Superman has carried multiple planets through space

Gods in Marvel are typically far weaker than gods in DC, and Superman has gone up against Darkseid... who is the dark counterpart to Highfather.

> This always comes down the same way in Goku vs Superman, or X vs Superman threads
Hulk can't destroy a fucking universe like Goku can, he can't even destroy stars like Cell and the Buus. Get out of here.
>Supes is a character written to be limitless. To surpass everything. To be above all else.
No he isn't. Doomsday, Brainiac, Darkseid, and Mongul have all beaten him into the dirt with their bare hands. In the context of DC heavy hitters he's mid tier.

Ya you make a good point as well.

In general I hate matchups involving Superman. The thing about him is that his power levels are pretty much just a plot device. It's generally implied, even against foes like Doomsday, that the only reason Superman loses fights is because he's unwilling to kill and that once you remove that from him he's completely unstoppable. But that's the tradeoff that limits him and let's function as a character rather than a plot device; he's unrealistically powerful but also unrealistically noble.

With that in mind I don't think Superman could beat the Hulk. Not because he isn't strong enough, but because Hulks too strong even for Superman to beat him without having to kill him. Eventually he'd need some help to imprison Hulk in order to keep his morals and main universe comic book Superman would never break his moral code.

Long story short; Superman matchups are stupid and Doomsday vs Hulk would be a much funner fight.

Yes, but you're not gonna like it

In combat?

Batman always wins by using kryptonite... or a red sun whatever. Never by overpowering Superman... he always waits until he has basically killed superman through poisoning before he starts damaging him with physical means.

Batman (in his fight with Hulk) literally takes him down using a blow to the solar plexus, forcing Hulk to double over and inhale some gas. A normal human caused the hulk to get the wind knocked out of him.

Hulk also was choked out by a snake once. I can do this all day.

You can say whatever stupid Silver Age shit happened all you want. Silver Age Superman is laughed about now so it does not matter. Silver Age Superman will never come back either, so get over it. Current Superman, as he has been since Doomsday, would not simply knock Hulk out. No matter what kind of sick twisted fanboi bullshit you want to believe. This is not 1970 or 1980. Your god is not infallible and if Doomsday could take him down Hulk certainly could as well.

>and main universe comic book Superman would never break his moral code.
Superman has killed many people before and attempted to kill others. He's not a complete autist like Batman, he has no problem using lethal force against particularly dangerous foes. Like Doomsday, who he outright killed.

Where is this implication that the Hulk is anywhere near Doomsday coming from?

Superman got his ass handed to him by Aquaman, on the land. /debate

Only if its also the hulk, but stronger and angrier, and probably bigger.

>Hulk can't destroy a fucking universe like Goku can, he can't even destroy stars like Cell and the Buus. Get out of here.
And yet Superman can. Hmmmmmmmmm

>No he isn't. Doomsday, Brainiac, Darkseid, and Mongul have all beaten him into the dirt with their bare hands. In the context of DC heavy hitters he's mid tier.
Superman has beaten them far more often... and I'm sorry... are you putting fucking Darkseid as mid tier? What is top tier for you?

>You can say whatever stupid Silver Age shit happened all you want. Silver Age Superman is laughed about now so it does not matter. Silver Age Superman will never come back either, so get over it.

That's from the New 52 brah.

>Current Superman, as he has been since Doomsday, would not simply knock Hulk out.

How many supernovas can Hulk tank to the face? Superman did that in the Modern Age.

> if Doomsday could take him down Hulk certainly could as well.

Doomsday would also kill Hulk. So would Brainiac, so would Mongul, so would Zod, so would Darkseid. They're very consistently depicted at an entirely different level from Hulk. When Hulk can effect things on a planetary scale, it's considered a notable event and indicative of an abnormal level of power for him. Meanwhile Clark casually noted a few years ago that a teenage Kryptonian could crack the Earth to pieces with a single punch no problem.

You using the New 52 where supes was depowered?

Even if it isn't the case... that seems to prove that Hulk would lose to Aquaman more than Superman not being able to take the Hulk.

>Implying Darkseid is more powerful than Thanos
Protip: He is not. And Thanos is scared of the Hulk.

>And yet Superman can
No he can't. Brainiac set off a supernova in his face and it significantly injured him. I don't really want to detail how many orders of magnitude below universe busting that is. Or even star busting depending on how far away he was.
>Superman has beaten them far more often... and I'm sorry... are you putting fucking Darkseid as mid tier? What is top tier for you?
Darkseid has had his face pounded in by Superman alone before. It's inconsistent, but it does happen. Top tier would be someone like the Anti-Monitor or Imperiex or Bleediac or Black Ring Luthor.

KEKEK Nice manipulative troll logic.

Even when DBZ fighters were solar system busting tier, they still feared the sun as being more powerful than their attacks. Supernovas are several millions of times that.

Darkseid is more powerful, unless Thanos has infinity stones or something. They look similar so fanboys try to confuse the two... but Thanos is not at Darkseid's level

>Gods in Marvel are typically far weaker than gods in DC,

No. No this is wrong.
The Gods in both Marvel and DC are equal in strength to their mythological counterparts.
Odin alone has destroyed entire galaxies.
Dormammu has stated that his power rivals Odin and Zeus, implying that Zeus is just as bullshit as Odin.

Superman is closer to Thor "I hold back 99% of my power when fighting mortals" Odinson is at full strength.
And Thor doesn't have shit on his daddy.
I can accept Superman defeating mortals and demi-gods and being the top dog in those tiers (Even though any of Galactus' heralds are tailor made to kill Superman), but he's not trumping skyfathers and creation deities when at the end of the day he has no acumen for the mystical and arcane and resolves all of his problems with his words, his fists, and heat vision.

Juggernaut, easily

Only smart hulks can defeat juggs by redirecting him.

So is it the New 52 or not you are referencing?

And yeah, show me a pic of Hulk tanking a supernova and it'll make my logic troll logic.

>equal in strength to their mythological counterparts

So weak as fuck then? The greek, roman, and norse myths didn't have them fighting as much as you'd think. Norse gods would get killed by things like sharpened mistletoe from time to time. It's not like they had established powerlevels, go by the comics, not "mythological counterparts"

>Even when DBZ fighters were solar system busting tier, they still feared the sun as being more powerful than their attacks

No they didn't, that's GT/Movie bullshit.

Hulk is a being whose strength knows no bounds (literally).

Hulk is rage incarnate.

Hulk’s strength increases with his unlimited rage(the more mad he gets, the stronger he becomes).

Hulk has the ability to adapt to environmental circumstances, which means that he can breathe underwater.

Hulk has a healing factor stronger than any other character in Marvel.

If you want to get technical Banner is smarter, A LOT smarter than Clark as well.

This is just fanboi bullshit. It is whoever writing the book wants to win. No one is stating Hulk would lose, but you are ignorant to think he would just get KO'ed in one punch.

Also, you are wrong. You DCfags are the worst and makes me hate reading the JSA (when it is around) and Green Lantern(s) every time one of your cancerous faggots tries to debate.

I prefer Marvel actually, but I can recognize that a fight between the equivalent of a tiger and a chicken only ends one way.

So what if Hulk can increase his strength? His max is Supermans lower boundary.

If you're talking about having the Hulk being defeated permenantly the only way I could think of that happening is if a particularly poweful telepath scrambled his brains. Then again, I don't know how resilient Hulk is to mental manipulation, so I could be entirely wrong.