Sonic

Reminder that this is how it ends.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just like fucking Inuyasha.

Reminder that the "Forgotten" characters will never ever show up again and that we're stuck with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, and maybe Shadow forever.

Note: Sonic died while looking for the time stones.

Someone should make a list of all characters that will never show up again.

>all of the waifus that are now gone forever
life is too cruel

Wouldn't the cartoon characters be owned by Sega?

Except Inuyasha ends with Kagome and Inuyasha together, Kagome calls Seshomaru her brother-in-law, and implies that they are progenitor of her own clan.

Blame Archie.

>Kagome calls Seshomaru her brother-in-law

She already cucked him.

sucks ASS being a brotherhood of guardians fan after all these years thinking that maybe just maaaaaaybe there's still a chance. the worst part is knowing that this is probably for the best

Nicole's lynx form was entirely Archie I think so that's gone without any possible hope

SEGA is never going to use Antoine, Sally, Nack the Weasel, Scratch, Grounder, Bean, the polar bear, and the walrus dude ever again either

Silver, Shadow, Gamma, Knuckles, and Rouge aren't gone, but Archie actually gave them personalities/made them likable so they might as well be

Cassia, Clove, and Razor were hot

RIP Shard

Don't forget Sticks.

>Amy dies on the quest for time stones
>Sonic starts finding time stones and trying to go back in time to save Amy but every time she's Final Destination'd because her death is fated
>Sonic starts amassing more and more time stones and fucking with time more and more
>Eventually fucks with time so much his psyche is shattered in every seconds of Time itself, becoming Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

At least seshomaru still gets the best girl though

I am going to miss Nicole. She had a precarious existence.
>her lynx form stuck around for 12 years.

That's the worst part of this.

Do you really expect her to appear after Boom ends?

good.

the less of sonic's friends the better

Why?

Because it's called SONIC for a reason.

knuckles x rouge
the only thing i care when i watch the anime LMAO

>Boohoo! My OCs and scrapped nobodies!

Oh, what ever shall this franchise do?

Well, Sega did say they are "Taking it in another direction" Meaning that, although it's not going to be with Archie, I don't think Sega are going to give up on Sonic comic books. Who knows, maybe we will see a revival of Sonic The Comic

Yes, i'm in denial. Let me cope, dammit.

That logic is dumb. A protagonist is nothing without a supporting cast.

It's called a Supporting Cast. Without a supporting cast, you have nobody for the main character to play off of.

>tfw haven't moved on from the pendering

and I was just starting to warm up to the new universe too.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Okay so keep Tails and Knuckles, no one else is needed.

Considering she's the best thing to come out of the series... Yes.

I really have no sensation of loss for the SatAM/Archie characters. They've been unnecessary since forever, and it never felt like they fit in with Sonic to begin with.

Still there were some nice stories

>people are actually grieving for the loss of the fucking Sonic comic

you really are autistic

>sola sonica autism still exists

IGN: 6.5/10, too much friends

You don't play Sonic for his friends, you play Sonic for Sonic.

but Sonic Adventue 1 is my favorite Sonic title

Of course an adventure kid would care about Sonic's friends.

Cheer up, kiddos and move on to finer things rising from Archie Sonic's ashes!

Hey, shitposter-kun found his way to the Sup Forums Sonic threads!

AFAIK, everything used in the post-reboot comics are owned by SEGA, to prevent another Pendering. It all depends on whether or not SEGA wants to use them

you have to give them your money so they can continue to make more of the things you love.
If you don't support the things you love they will die that's how businesses work.

They didn't die due to sales, user. They died because Archie is retarded

Wrong. Archie got plenty of funding from Sonic comics, but their tolerance of legal negligence and hubris is what nullified any edge that Archie Sonic had.
Had they cared about preserving and renewing crucial contracts with employees such as Ken Penders, there would have been no cancellation for the time being.

Dyou think SEGA collectively grinds their teeth together when asked if any of the comic characters will appear in the games?

Go the fuck to bed, Men "I love men" Penders. You started-- AND KEPT UP-- this bullshit.

This image makes me want to fucking vomit
It's like the man literally browsed for the "coolest" looking texts and graphics and just slapped them on

What is wrong with you?

The primal cause as to why Ken Penders was able to stall lawsuit with Archie was due to the fact that after contracts were destroyed along with the storage facility Archie didn't bother to force their employees to sign new ones. Ken's claim was that his contract survived, but he declined to present it time after time until SEGA stepped in and forced Archie Sonic writers to remove every character that Ken Penders created.

Frankly Im more amazed most of them stuck around this long

there is no logical reason the Sonic comic should have lasted 5 years let's alone TWENTY FUCKING FOUR

She'll make it to the next olympics game being female and all.

>2017
>still caring about knuckles x rouge

Be nice to your mom.

>Sega did say they are "Taking it in another direction" Meaning that, although it's not going to be with Archie, I don't think Sega are going to give up on Sonic comic books

It definitely reads as "Archie continuity is dead and burried but we may or may not use the comic medium to promote the franchise in the future".

Forces now allows you to make your own playable OC

>They've been unnecessary since forever

Do people actually give a shit about Antoine/Rotor? at least I'll get it when waifufags say they'll miss their furtits.

Fucking THIS. Anyone who thinks the games universe is "pure" and superior is delusional. Sega has been introducing their own bad OCs ever since Adventure, only to be thrown away and replaced in the next game by another new, useless character.

If you hate the comic characters, and prefer the game characters, that's fine. But don't act like they're any better. With Sonic Deviantart Forces, the games have become just as, if not more autistic, than the comics ever were.

Bean and the polar bear are from SEGA's Sonic Fighters, though.

I guess you can create expies for all the Archie characters with this.

The SatAM characters don't offer anything that cannot be covered by Sega game characters. There is no reason for them to continue existing.

Comics? Nah. I'm creating my little homie right here.

ken penders has been dancing around showing his ass since the news broke and it's fucking disgusting. is there any person in Sup Forums that is as much of a slimeball?

Unless you are blinded by nostalgia for the comics and SatAM, you will realize that none of the characters really matter or are accurate to their game portrayals.

I'm nostalgic for Adventures and you don't see me wanting fuckin' Eggman Junior or whoever back, do you?

Reminder that Sonic's arms are not freaking blue!

He's just lucky that nothing we could do to him is worse than simply being Ken Penders. Living his "life"

You say that, but I'm sure you could write a cool sonic story without Sonic. A "Sonic isn't there so what do we do?" type of story maybe. Sometime, and only sometime, it can be interesting to remove the main element of a franchise precisely to emphasise its importance.

Sonic X was an entire TV series where Sonic was reduced to a guest character who sometimes only had a minute of screentime per episode and was rarely involved in the plot unless it was a "big" episode like a season finale.

And Sonic X was shit.

I haven't watched Sonic X so I wouldn't know, but I said "could" and "can", not "should" and "will".

But the way you describe it, it seems that he's around and do nothing, the focus is elsewhere. In what I'm suggesting he wouldn't be there and the focus would be on his absence. It would still be about him.

So, is there now an eighth circle of hell reserved exclusively for Ken Penders and his friends or what?

Plenty.

It's pretty funny, though. He was just waiting on the announcement just to do this, mostly in response to actual children and the mentally disabled. Like shit man, how little do you have going on that you're waiting on edge just to rile up kids?

Calm down, it's just a book.
Like, he's a pathetic baby, but god damn.

Yeah, why should they greive for a comic that was really good and was in their childhood?

Nack, Scratch, Grounder, Bean, and Bark all have background cameos in the new 2d Sonic. I'd say there's hope of them showing up in a minor supporting role in the future.

Sally, Antoine, Rotor, Bunnie and the rest of the Archie originals are gone for good though.

I welcome a comic with:
Sonic
Knuckles
Tails
Amy
Mighty
Ray
Knack/Fang
Bark
Bean
Big
E-102 series
Tikal
Chaos
Shadow
Rogue
Omega
Silver
Blaze
Marine
Sticks

>a comic that was really good

Let's not get carried away, user.

Even Sega is reversing the "Sonic only" trend; hell the main theme for Sonic Forces is all about not being able to do things alone. I'm glad they're not pandering to the classic fags anymore because they get an entire game to themselves.

I think all these poor, grieving nostalgiafags have forgotten just how god awful 80% of the Archie Sonic catalog really is.

Someone needs to remind them.

>I can point to parts where it was bad, so it was never good!

Forgot about that.

Now you know how fans of the extended universe feel when The Force Awakens came out.

>forgetting the only official family
Ey.

will I ever get to see Honey the Cat again

>We Madoka Magika Now[/ spoiler]

>80%
>Flynn takes over at 160 of 290
>An 80 issue side comic is also in his tenure
>Quality never dropped below 'Good' during his tenure
>The first fifty issues were at least decent
Don't know how to do percentages, do you?

The percentage of good Spider-man comics is way higher than good Sonic comics compared to the entire input

Here.

There's a LOT of garbage spiderman out there.

When is the sega panel at SDCC? I want to know if there'd be a new comic and if Ian is going to continue writing?

>Sega says in statement that they want a new direction
>You think they'll hire the writer from the previous series

Are you autis-- Oh, right. Sonic fan. Never mind.

Tell me about your precious "character development", comicfags. Why are you clinging to it so much and insist that it's a good thing? Hardmode: no origin stories.

I can already tell you that there's no new comic and Ian isn't touching official Sonic stuff for a while.

Because without it, you end up with villains like pic related, instead of villains like Breezie, Mammoth Mogul, Fini, Eggman, The Egg Bosses etc.

Post Your collection. 1/17

2/17 STH I just need 6, 12, 22, 23, 30, 36, 37, 39, 78, 82, 83, 91, 97, 98, 99

Ive never watched this show but im going to guess this character is voiced by Cree Summer.

3/17

4/17

Amy will be forever virgin.

5/17 The Complete Sonic Universe.

6/17 Complete Sonic X

Actually, this was the last issue published.

7/17 Knuckles (missing #26)

I resent the fact that there's a fucking Riverdale ad on that cover.

8/17 Sonic Super Special (missing 9 & 14)

The First 3 issue mini series. Including the Preview book for issue 0.