Mark Waid and Chris Samnee new Captain America team starting at #695

>"This is Steve listening to people to find out how they feel about him and what they want from him from now on," said Waid.

Does this also confirm Coates taking over with or after #700 like Rich said?

>>"This is Steve listening to people to find out how they feel about him and what they want from him from now on"

this is going to be terrible

> fuck Bleeding Cool was right.

So Steve is going to be raised in a middle class inner city black family now?

>lowest selling Avengers since the 80s
>Champions is basically dead in the water
>killed Jughead comic
>killed Archie comics
>created speed force ruining Flash stories forever
>REEEEEE'd really hard at 90s heroes
>one of the worst X-runs ever
>eat it, Granpda
he should kill himself

They've been right about plenty of things before, so I'm not sure why that's so surprising.

>no Punished Cap leading the Thunderbolts after being betrayed by Zemo

Based.

Where is Spencer going to be?

>"This is Steve listening to people to find out how they feel about him and what they want from him from now on," said Waid.

I'm getting some JMS Superman grounded walking the earth vibes from this.... at least Samnee's art will be great to look at

>MORE politically divisive bullshit.

Great. Just great.

On Spooder-Man starting with issue 800.

Amazing Spider-Man.

At least it'll look pretty, is there a panel going on right now or did they just put out a presser?

Hopefully Thunderbolts

Damn it, I love Samnee so much but it looks like he's a package deal with Waid.

I can't wait for Waid's THIRD Trayvon Martin story

So unless Waid is purposefully sabotaging Marvel at this point, can this put the "Waid is going back to DC" rumors we've heard recently to rest?

>So unless Waid is purposefully sabotaging Marvel at this point,

Well we already figured out Alonso was a sleeper agent, why not Waid too?

Is this confirmed? Because this con has been such shit for Marvel that I don't know if this is a joke or if it's real.

Oh, Marvel, you so crazy.

No, but BC mentioned it along with this. It's probably happening (along with Aaron and Ribic on Avengers and Zdarsky on Two-in-One)

He may be writing the book for a short time anyways. Plus, he will prob be booted out of Avengers and Champions will be canned soon.

But no DC shouldn't take him back. He's put the main Archie book on life support. :p

Can Samnee be saved from Marlel? I don't get why he isn't doing an indie book of his own at this point.

Sup Forums makes it sound like BC has like a 99% fail rate with their rumors.
It's more like 50/50.

Reminder that BC got like 90% of initial Rebirth correct. The biggest things that didn't happen was Man of Steel book and Snyder writing Detective Comics. And some things that hasn't happened yet like new JSA book.

>Modern Mark 'Woke' Waid writing Captain America

This is going to be even worse than Spencer's Sam Wilson: Captain #BlackLivesMatter.

Wait, isn't this JMS' "Superman: Grounded"?

Yes. Except bluepilled instead of redpilled. Expect Cap fighting the police after they shot a poor minority who dindu wrong, help BLM, help some illegal immigrants sneak past the border, break Muslims out of their concentration camp, and fight the evil Emperor Twoscoops.

How the fuck was Grounded "redpilled" you dumb fucking memester?

>Waid still working at Marvel
I know he isn't as good any more but not even he deserves that.

>What have you done for your community, you filthy illegal aliens?!!!!
>Said Superman
Jeez. I don't know

Ahaha, just you wait until Tahesi Coates takes over the title starting with issue 700. We'll reach the woke levels that we didn't think were possible.

Fuck you revisionist faggots trying to make tarnish Waid's legacy, he wrote the best Flash run ever.

hmm
>grounded = shit
>redpill = shit
therefore grounded = redpilled

the math checks out

Probably on contract.

Are you honestly saying that that was hypocritical of Supes. Are you dense?

racists tears when TNC gets Cap 700 is gonna be fun

>Are you honestly saying that that was hypocritical of Supes
Are you saying it wasn't?

I couldn't give a fuck what they do with the character, I'm in it for Samnee alone.

Messner-Loebs wrote the best Flash run ever

>Woke Captain America
FOR FUCK'S SAKE WAID

Waid is to Flash what Chris Claremont was to X-Men. Everything people like and know about The Flash today is owed to his run. That said, he's absolute shit now so unless DC can rebirth him that sounds gross I don't really want him near my favorite books.

How insufferable will this be?

Yeah, nu/co/ and its revisionist shit are really starting to annoy me. Waid is fucking garbage right now but don't try and act like you didn't sing his praises once (unless you're just an underage b& in which case you can promptly fuck off)

Nah, fuck your nostalgia goggles. Half of it was garbage and the speed force ended up permanently damaging the character.

Steve is going to apologize to everyone who claims he wronged them, which will be an analogy for the white guilt Waid feels on behalf of the shameful white race.

Fuck off idiot, I bet you weren't even old enough to read it when it first came out.

Eat it, grandpa!

>Liking MUH LINDA
It's not even the second best run of the era

I like Samnee, I'd rather have him on a Captain Marvel, on going - which since they announced that the movie is the next DC film to start production, I would think they would be working on. At least, hopefully they will do some nice re-issues of stuff like the updated Monster Society of Evil written by Jeff Smith (Bone).

And I like Waid. I don't read most Marvel so no idea about Champions or whatever else, but his Captain America Sentinel of Liberty was kinda disappointing. I did like and think that Man Out Of Time had some excellent dialogue and ideas, in fact, I wouldn't have minded seeing it longer, enough to be a 10 or 12 issue mini.

I did read the first few Archies, I don't think they are terrible, it doesn't really interest me and I don't think Waid was the right person for that. I don't particularly like what I've seen from Riverdale, It's exactly the same thing as tumblr fan fiction except instead of creating new characters, some fan has written their own take on familiar names - there's nothing wrong with that, it's that this particular take doesn't appeal to ME. But that's who Archie Comics should have gotten for their flagship book.

So perhaps Waid can't write this now, who knows until we see it, but this quote doesn't make me think of GROUNDED at all.

Waid's first volume of Daredevil is class.

>being an underage hipster cunt
Drink bleach.

It's Kesel's run with better art

I liked Waid's Captain America a lot, but recent Waid's writing is really shit. Don't know how to feel about this.

this
liking Waid/Johns is underage
Baron through Messner-Loebs, Time Flies and Morrison/Millar are the only good Flash stories

And art is an important part of comic book storytelling.

Being a contrarian hipster shit you mean. Call me when you grow up.

Carry bates is better than them all.

He's a huge part of the reason people say marvel are shit right now user

Yeah, by "people" it means Waid and his twitter friends. Nothing worse than a southerner ashamed of being a southerner. You see it with Waid and Aaron. I work with a guy that's like that and he's the most annoying hyperlib I've ever come across. It's like those Asian Americans who double down on the Asian and go nuts because of it.

>"This is Steve listening to people to find out how they feel about him and what they want from him from now on,"

>Mr Cap, that meanie white nazi boy looked at me funny!
>Why Jamal, I can relate to that kid, ugh my white super soldier privilege kicked in too hard once
>BLM Cap was a better Cap than you!
>I know Jamal, I know.

hahaha what the fuck is this

People misusing the speed force isn't waid's fault, the speed force is a cool idea. The only thing that waid can be blamed for is not writing out the speed force when he left the book.

So when people tell him to die in a fire for being a totalitarian Nazi shit, his response will be what exactly? This sounds like his ridiculous response to the fire fighters in Civil War all over again.

While Mark Waid kind of sucks now, Kingdom Come and Irredeemable are some of the best comics I've ever read, so I'm down to see a critically acclaimed team like this take on Cap.

You know burying secret empire like it never happened is sort of worse right?

Like if Tony had a baby eating arc, and then things went back to normal.

>>"This is Steve listening to people to find out how they feel about him and what they want from him from now on," said Waid.

If this was anything like real life, the "and what they want from him from now on" would be like a wife in getting a restraining order. In fact, since Steve is veteran, why wouldn't he be brought before military tribunal and tried for treason?

what's he done that's illegal? he got that emergency powers blank check from the US government

Unless the next not mysteriously kidnapped president pardons him, that means fuck all. And if Steve was hydra lla long since the beginning, he would still be tried for treason retroactively like people do to spies that get found out.

Can't wait to see Mark Waid get political.

Looks like the story might take place in the past unless Steve is going back to his old costume.

The panel made it pretty clear it's present day. If any artist would put him back in his old costume, it's Samnee.

So what are the best Captain America runs for someone who's only exposure of him is from the MCU Movies?

Englehart, Gruenwald, Waid, Brubaker.

>See Mark Waid
Oh, this should be good
>Remember its current year Mark Waif
Oh no

Time to get those diversity points, boyos.

How many issues until Cap #695?

He tarnished it himself. No one here forced him to write Champions or Archie or Strange Fruit or any of the bullshit he has published over the last decade.

I'm dropping Cap as soon as Hydra Cap goes away anyway.
On the bright side now Rogers is the only Captain America.

Lee/Kirby
Steranko
Kirby.
I didn't care for Englert.

i feel like marvel just has no fucking talent anymore for its main books. the only writers who ever seem to get the big name shit these days are bendis, waid and spencer.

Captain America is skipping two months as almost everyone expected.

Add Aaron to that list and you can pretty much strike out Spencer.

Mark Waid is the polar political opposite of Frank Miller now. Prove me wrong.

doesnt this confirm a leak we had recently?

Well they were both with her.

Mark Wait has always been a terrible writer. You only disagree because you were told he was good before you read any of his shit.

That is literally the only thing they have in common. Miller is a shitlord that hates Muslims and Waid is a woke virtue-signaler so far-left that Justin Trudeau is too conservative for him. Anything slightly to the right of his position is far-right to him.

This?

>It's like those Asian Americans who double down on the Asian
That's called "being Asian."

>It's a "white guilt/check your privilege" arc
>Waid
This sounds awful.

>Like if Tony had a baby eating arc, and then things went back to normal.

so the crossing then?

That is not exactly polar opposites tho. Miller is just slightly conservative and he didn't vote for Trump.

How terrible would a Waid written GA book be?

not, it was something like a road trip of Avengers talking to normal citizens, to kind of redeem themselves, reconnect with being a hero.

sorry, yes, it was that

>MUH LINDA
got us a version of OMD that wasn't entirely retarded, years before OMD was a thing.

He and Waid really like each other.