Dumbing of Age

Tonight, Amber dives ever deeper into that crazy hole of hers.

I do enjoy how far everyone has to bend backwards now, to try and explain that she's somehow still totally normal and healthy.

>you put it where it belongs
She cut is fucking dick off

>Irish "people"
Why do we even let them into out country?

>Fuck off ghost dad

If only he really were dead.

Geez, where's the count down user that states how many months since the incident happened?

And all we got is tells and not shows

wait I haven't been in these threads for ever. Did Amber kill a dude?

Unknown at this point. At the very least, she put a guy in the hospital.

Judging by the latest evidence we have, probably not.

She might've castrated him though.

Jesus is this what this is about? Not wanting to be like her dad? Well not like it's that hard not to be him, her dad's a fucking dick who talks shit but can't take a hit.

It's only been a couple of days, why is she allowed back to school after slicing a dude up with a knife?

I forgot what did her dad even do again? The guy with the shot gun and car chase was becky's dad but I don't remember this guy at all

oh SHIT!

So can she stab Becky in the throat now?

Please?

he's just a violent guy who abuses his family, apparently

This is a whole lot of nothing that could be a stronger moment if Willis were able to convey Amber's inward thoughts outwardly, i.e. facial contortions and expressions. Instead, it's just Amber staring out the window (or side-eyeing us) while listening to her absentee father congratulate her for once.

The password is "proved".

That was me.
Thankfully, we ARE getting into the actual aftermath of the stabbing now that we're focused on Amber. It unfortunately wouldn't be viable to track time between the stabbing and news of Ryan being alive or dead, because Rachel spilled those beans earlier in the story. Give me a hot minute and I'll do the math.

As far as I can tell, he slapped his wife around and then yelled at Amber for not stabbing Sal before.

Sadly, Becky's safe in the comfort of a lesbian supermarket.

Are O'Malleys supposed to be good fighters? Is her dad a fighter? All I remember in Shortpacked is he had some weird trouble with the local mafia.

It doesn't seem like that's the case since she beat the fuck out of him without him landing a single punch. Oh and Ruth flipped him over her head while hungover.

My point is that O'Malley line doesn't really carry any weight, there's not even a base idea that she's imagining him perverting in his mind. Willis didn't even do the thing where Blaine said this about her attacking Sal and she's hearing it again, it's completely new, and fairly contextless.

Unless we're supposed to connect it to his wife beating, but that's not analogous at all. Like I get that she went too far by cutting Ryan when she could've punched him out, but he was still aggressive and vindictive, that doesn't come anywhere close to angrily hitting your wife. I doubt anyone would call themselves a fighter for that.

okay but is he an actual abusive cunt or is he a "waaah my daddy didn't let me play nintendo" the author is a pussy abusive cunt

>My point is that O'Malley line doesn't really carry any weight,

I disagree.

And just another thought, if the connection is supposed to be spousal abuse, the 3rd panel could be worded to show more parallels. "He was weak and scared so he tried to use a knife, and you showed him who's in charge." "He had a knife, you showed him that wasn't enough, you put him in his place." etc.

Tee hee.

I did the math.
It's been approximately 51 days (in real-world days) since Amber shanked Ryan on the steps of the dormitory. It took us 20 days to get the first acknowledgement of the events on the steps (Joyce stepping on police tape); eight days after that to get to another acknowledgement (Dorothy going to a therapist), with the day after that being an extension of this acknowledgement; another three days to see Dorothy admit she isn't seeing Amazi-Girl anymore; ten days for Rachel to be all like "Joe, your Do List is a treasure map" in the building that doesn't exist, with two more days following Joe and Danny. After that, we finally get to the Amber thread we're currently following.

So yeah, it took us about 47 days to get from Amber stabbing Ryan to actually seeing her after the three-day time skip. Meanwhile, it's been approximately 24 days since we last saw Mary happy.

>The password is "proved".
what is this password shit

He beat her mom.

Willis queues his comics in advance to avoid having to do too much work over a period of time.
Because of this, Wordpress (the platform his site uses) holds copies of those strips hidden from the main page but accessible if you know the proper URL.
That URL consists of the main DOA.com information, plus a string that goes along the lines of "/comics/YYYY-MM-DD-password.png", where "YYYY" is the year, "MM" is the month, "DD" is the day, and "password" is a unique string that identifies titles the particular strip if you wish to access it directly.

So, in the case of this most recent strip, the URL ends with "/comics/2017-07-23-proved.png".

I call the unique string a password because that's essentially what it is: The "password" necessary to complete the URL and view the strip ahead of time. This is possible for strip scheduled even months in advance, as I discovered some time ago, so the overarching concept is that it is possible to create a program to brute-force URLs until a successful URL is found, thus bringing the future strip to light.

The only problem there is that I've been procrastinating.

Willis titles each strip with a seemingly random word from the strip (sometimes with wordless ones different words come out). If you know the word you can access the comic image (yyyy-mm-dd-title.png) on the site, so this user has taken to calling them passwords.

The problem is that the parallel doesn't hold up in context. She was fighting off a guy who attacked her and Dorothy and threatened Joyce. She had more justification for what she did than she ever had beating people up for petty theft as Amazi-Girl. The idea that this is some psyche-breaking, crazy pants moment that made her just like Daddy is stupid. Back when she was stalking Sal and swearing revenge for Sal's sin of making her break up with Danny because Sal talked to him was when she was acting like an actual abuser. It's basically the "if I kill the villain, I'll be just like the villain" cliche.

>your journey toward the dark side is complete

Amber has been the worst character in every series she's been in. This is nothing new.

yeah but she was asking for it

>The only problem there is that I've been procrastinating.

Willis would probably shit himself if someone was able to crack his queue wide open and effectively wipe out his buffer.

amber was pretty good in earlier S!

Amber's goodness in Shortpacked! is directly correlated by her juxtaposition with Robin.

The fuck dude. Can Willis come up with a single antagonist that isn't a parent?

>Jesus is this what this is about? Not wanting to be like her dad?
You'd think she'd be more worried about her inability to not stab people. I hope she doesn't take any cooking classes, or they're going to have to hide the cutlery.

mary and rapin' ryan

Just because you play dress up before beating up people doesn't make you any less like your father before this moment kid.

Remember when this hack faggot made cute dumb comics about collecting toys?

Pepperidge Farm remembers

remember when he openly admitted starting a slice of life comic because it took zero effort?

Oh yeah, Ryan. He's pseudo-christian, Willis' other checkbox
Mary is hardly a villain, she's just too ineffectual. At worst, just a miserable person, so she fits in with the rest of the cast.

>faggot has daddy and religious issues

color me surprised

Why is she still in school. Take semester off get some college sponsored counselling. What the fuck is this willis

you don't know that ryan isn't a father

What's bad about this again?

He doesn't have a cloak and hood obscuring his face, or wiggly/uneven text.

Good old Mary

why do you keep posting that picture?

It looks nothing like her and is just cheap, moderately drawn fetish bait.

Because it makes you mad

It doesn't actually. This is my first time commenting on that.

I just find it weird.

Well it makes people mad at least.
One guy was so mad he drew this in response.

I mean, we have dewd's autistic persistence in these threads already, do we need more?

It's not like we're discussing high art in the first place.

the same could be said defending dewd's piece of shit.

Dewd wasn't the one who wrote the toedad car chase, so I still respect him more than Willis.

yeah, but he took an already shitty arc - the party - and made it somehow worse.

Because he was so butthurt over being snubbed by willis that he decided his 'parody' would be better.

You can't make worse than Willis.
Dewd started at the bottom, but Willis actually used to make good comics.

dewd wrote his joyce expy literally get raped by his rapin ryan.

Well, you called him raping Ryan, so...

yeah, but in one case it was a dark threat that carried some serious and permanent mental scarring(albeit in a fucking willis comic), but in the other, he had the character actually get raped for nothing. There was no joke, no payoff, and she just didn't care about being raped.

Dewd somehow made a comic made by willis WORSE.

So the latter is a has-been, and the former is a never-was. What's your point?

Also, who even comes close to defending TD, that's not named Minifig?

can we just not talk about dewd or his shitfest ever again?

So are there any groups willis panders to that aren't incredibly offended by him?

I believe that a has-been is worse than a never-was

Well, he recently did a storytime of his original comic (West tree) and people seemed to at least tolerate it.

Depends, do you think Ryan's knocked anylne up yet?

Well to be fair that's just Amber's broken brain being personified as her father.

>Are O'Malleys supposed to be good fighters

Son, O'Malleys are CATS.

feel good about that one, do you?

Yes, yes I do.
...so lonely...

Would the faz be siamese?