Friendly reminder that Erica "Fatass Downs Syndrome Squirrel Girl" Henderson has just won TWO (2) Eisner Awards...

Friendly reminder that Erica "Fatass Downs Syndrome Squirrel Girl" Henderson has just won TWO (2) Eisner Awards, the Oscars of the comic book world.

Other urls found in this thread:

denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/eisner-awards/265337/eisner-awards-2017-our-favorites
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that the eisner's officially mean nothing.

Name a better writer.

Name a WORSE one first.

But....Henderson didn't win either of those for writing.

The lesson for me, is that the Eisners no longer have anything to do with what I consider quality.

She's an artist. Dammit, try to keep up!

I shudder to ask.

What did she win them for?

I remember looking at the Amazon reviews for this shit and seeing that nearly every last one of them was positive in a very samey way.
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I think I don't want to know.

>She's an artist.
I think there's room for argument there.

All from Tumblrinas most likely.

Doesn't look like it was for art, so that's fair enough.

The Eisners are a fucking joke.

Shit in a can is art.
Squirrel Girl is definitely art.
Art is fucking worthless.

>the Oscars of the comic book world.
So rigged as shit and doesn't matter?

this, the eisners are trash, most of the best comic artist in the world don´t have a eisner, erica henderson wining two just make it more obvious

Yes OP, be more upset about someone elses success.

The other thing. Which is horrifying.

>Oscars of the comic book world.

not the world, just the american market

Stay Mad

Now, unless I'm wrong, and I could be, it sounds like you like this comic, is that right?

This so hard. Angouleme or bust.

denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/eisner-awards/265337/eisner-awards-2017-our-favorites
>Erica Henderson is one of the most gifted comedic comic artists certainly of my lifetime, and maybe of all time.

2 more than Geoff Johns will ever win

Jesus christ. Does she suck a mean dick or what's up here?

I don't really care about it? it's a completely inoffensive humor comic which makes it hilarious how triggered Sup Forums gets about it

OH MAN i didn't notice Squirrel Girl won "for teens" that makes your anger funnier

who cares

So it shouldn't bother you that people find this ugly then?

"Inoffensive" is not how I would describe its artwork.

Literally who?
Someone please give me the quick rundown

you

the worst artist in the indusrty just won the best artist in the industry award
the eisners in a nutshell

Making her art as ugly and unsellable as possible. That might actually be the categories. Ugliest and least profitable.

You Marvel interns have been really slacking recently. Ike must be overworking you more than usual.

>implying the Harvey Awards (Valiant shills push their comics there to no avail) are not on the same level as the Eisners
This.

... posting in another /co troll thread

David Finch won an Eisner tonight

>the Oscars of the comic book world.
Oscars are still a prestige award though, this is more like MTV movie awards of comics or something

Autists. Henderson is a fine artist. Squirrel Girl being ugly as sin is the actual point.

>Squirrel Girl being ugly as sin is the actual point.
not really, literally every other artist at Marvel draws her cute, Henderson is just hilariously incompetent

at least the artist's shit did something notable
but I do agree with you that the title of art is really not that big of a deal that everyone's making it out to be

>actual point
what's the point being made?

Excuse me but where are the Eisner awards? I got some art that is ready to blow minds!

Move over, Spidey and Strange.

She's perfectly capable of drawing normal looking characters.

That she's a fucking squirrel. She's an ugly character in a stylized comedy book. Why are you all so assblasted about it?

I though liefeld was Sup Forums's worst artist in the biz?

>ugly == squirrel
?

Pretty much.

i fucking hate this goddamed artist! not because of sjw body positivity or anything like that, but because she is the worst fucking candidate to do art for any kind of professional comic. she's got such a shitty unappealing artsyle where she gives characters beady ass eyes, plain ugly faces, and the most retarted expressions and design choices.
there's small changes she could make to have this look passable, but she's too much of a shit artist stuck inside her safe space to realize that there are huge flaws in her art.

I'm no artist, but some small changes could really make squirrel girl look more appealing; not on the tier of actual comic artists, but good enough

>that chin

>She's perfectly capable of drawing normal looking characters

I seriously hope you have better examples.

This just tells me that the Eisners are a meaningless award.

There's a reason why there's only one relevant comic book award in the world, and it's not the Eisner.
Still pretty sad.

That's WAAAAAAY better.

i like how it doesn't completely destroy the old style as well

Did Chelsea Cain win anything?

Rob is bad, but he isn't working much these days. Also, he's a SUPER nice and agreeable guy. His personality and ability to stick to a deadline is what got his career as far as it did.

But even so, he sure as fuck didn't ever win no awards. We never had to suffer the indignity of hearing his name next to Will Eisner's.

the only awards that matter are the Olympic meddles. Everything else is subjective and therefore a prone to award trash sooner or later.

No

In Liefield's art at least pouches are nice looking.
In Henderson's art nothing is good.

>She's perfectly capable of drawing normal looking characters.
said as he post a phoenix with poor anatomy, boring composition and the chin of jay leno

There's no fucking way she won those without some form of nepotism.

Maybe we should look up how many of her fucking friends are on the board or something

That would explain the type of lips she draws.

>being given a medal by the company that make you work is worth shit
hahahahaha

>normal looking
picture fucking unrelated

it's no squirrel girl at least

I feel that her art is not being judged fairly enough. In that people here seem to think that Squirrel Girl being drawn ugly is a stylistic choice. It goes far beyond just drawing things ugly. It's that that is nothing visually appealing about anything drawn on any page.

Just look at Hulkling and Songbird's faces. Wiccan's misshapen torso, or any of the supporting characters on SG's side. This is not the sort of thing that should be given the praise it has received.

Christ that is ugly art.

we do

come enjoy anger with us

>Trannybird

Jon Malin is Liefeld but worse.

who won for best new series?

Black Hammer by Lemire and Ormston

Black Hammer

/sigh..

GOOD

this is the best art ive seen of her

Why are people still surprised by the results? SJW's have control of the whole industry.

>The lesson for me, is that the Eisners no longer have anything to do with what I consider quality.
If it took you this long to figure it out, you're fully retarded.

>His personality and ability to stick to a deadline is what got his career as far as it did.

Didn't he help sink Valiant when it did a crossover with Image and none of the Image guys got their books out on time?

The Valiant guys had to show up at Liefeld's house so he could finish his part in front of them

it's like 90% the eyes and lips. Especially the eyes though. Just making the pupil slightly larger fixes a lot

Henderson is not a FINE artist. But I get the point being, her other work is not nearly as bad as SG.

And it's not just Squirrel girl that's ugly. EVERYONE in the book looks completely fucked. So much that one character got mistaken for transexual representation.

And it's not just the faces. The backgrounds, the page compositions.

She won a free ticket to comicon, and the publicity and sales boost of a nomination. She also has as many eisner nominations as chris priest.

Rob is also not a multiple eisner winner. The closest he got was doing the art for a Moore book, that won for best writing in the 90's.

Because there's OTHER SJWs that make better shit than hers. Hell, at least pick a halfwa decent one.

Wait, SG is still not cancelled?

Did Priest win anything? Can he still win or are the award giveaways over for this year?

True story about Rob, though that mother fucker is so rich it fucking borders on annoying.

The fact she won with that art is just proof these awards are meaningless and fixed. She is not talented. Her paneling is horrible, pacing is bad and above all it is just shitting basic anatomy. It is not a 'style', it is just bad art.

Stop drawing all your characters looking like Kasey Neistat.

It's such a tiny fucking fix and it would look passable.

>the only awards that matter are the Olympic meddles
And world championships and the noble price.

Nope. He's still with Warren Ellis with zero wins.

Best New Series

>Black Hammer, by Jeff Lemire and Dean Ormston (Dark Horse)
Clean Room, by Gail Simone and Jon Davis-Hunt (Vertigo/DC)
Deathstroke: Rebirth, by Christopher Priest, Carlo Pagulayan, et al. (DC)
Faith, by Jody Houser, Pere Pérez, and Marguerite Sauvage (Valiant)
Mockingbird, by Chelsea Cain and Kate Niemczyk (Marvel)

This is bullshit.
What's the point of crafting a great work or writing or art when retards can win awards?

You green texted the winner, or the contest for Best New Series is still undecided?

Friendly reminder that all awards in every industry don't actually mean anything.

Which would be all well and good if the rest of the characters were not also ugly.

The nobel price is sexist and racist. They don't even have one for gender studies, so it's not real science anyway.

>This shit get nominated and wins humour
>Flintstones doesn't even get mentioned

Who would you rather give an award to, the guy who made the Bugatti Veyron or your son who made a car out of a cardboard box?

You misunderstand the nature of awards.

I think we're missing an important point here.
MAH BOI JUGHEAD WON AN AWARD
Henderson can't draw for shit though

So the Oscars then.

That's like the Cannes Palme d'Or.

That's some retard logic