ITT: Shitty movies everyone likes

You're literally either a soy or a woman if you can't enjoy Dirty Harry

>le epic badass cop xD
I don't even care about the story or the character, it's just a bad movie.

Dirty Harry's great. the sequels aren't really. what the fuck is your problem?

ITT movies women and nu-males just don't understand

Sup Forums pls go and stay go

Liza Minnelli is hideous. Her father's daughter, sadly. Should've stayed behind the camera like he did. I don't like the twink lead either. somehow even Marisa Berenson (from Barry Lyndon) was unpleasant to look at. main problem though is that the characters are a bunch of assholes, i was rooting for the Nazis by the end. maybe that was the point. either way it was a waste of my time.

explain why it's a bad movie without using epic maymays

The Godfather
The Good The Bad and the Ugly
There Will Be Blood

with you on this one, I thought it had a couple of great moments but overall De Palma wasn't the right guy to make a period gangster epic. story was just... flat

Come on, The Godfather's an exceptionally well made pulpy movie. Obviously it's not the GOAT plebs think it is but it's one the rare cases of a movie being really good and appealing to normies. Coppola could walk that line pretty well when he still had his mojo in the 70s

oops, wrong pic!

how much attention do you need exactly?

Falling Down. It is always featured in those chart threads along side Taxi Driver, 400 Blows, or whatever. The cinematography is surprisingly bad, not a fan of the pacing, and the story is bland(even for 93 when it came out). Even in a genre of "isolationist rampage" movies, the stupid God Bless America is better.

It is the Red Hot Chilli Peppers of movies.

Yeah, I was surprised watching it at how bad it was. It was directed and written like an Indiana Jones movie. Also, I really didn't like De Niro's casting in this one... damn

People on Sup Forums post positively about it semi-regularly.

Felt the same way, but it is regarded as one of the better Bond movies..odd

fuck this movie tbqh

Yep, that was pretty shit. A lame attempt to remake Catch-22.

Here's your . Now fuck off.

every capeshit made after the first Iron Man.

I will never get the praise behind this film and i'm perfectly fine with that.

Except for the boxing cinematography it just isn’t very good.

i don't like it. it insists upon itself.

>itt marvel/dc/starwars millennials

do us a favor and end yourself asap

ok Seth

Every movie that anyone likes. There are no good movies

fuck off

>m-muh Pocahontas in space

THIS

books are the path to enlightenment

Bladerunner and BR2049

This, it's mediocre as hell (especially the acting and dialogue)

wrong

yes

2049 is good tho

It's boring. Bad pacing, bad cinematography, story isn't even good. Only good thing is Eastwood's acting.

God Sup Forums is full of low test soys who migrate from r/pol/ with no clue about what is or isn't good.

>when you're faggot user and you got no hump cause you're an incel who can't appreciate mankino

I thought Liza was very fuckable and I like Michael York because he was a great D'Artagnan but yes this movie sucks and you should root for the Nazis. I read the book it's based on, Christopher Isherwood's autobiographical Berlin Stories, and it's the best possible education on why the Nazis came to power. Isherwood and his friends are a bunch of gay hedonist foreigners who come to impoverished Germany looking for cheap fun and join the Communist Party. Literally they try to destroy their host country for a lark. The one great scene in Cabaret is when two of our protagonists visit a rural beer garden and a Hitler Youth starts singing "Tomorrow Belongs to Me." All the patrons happily join in except our protagonists who quickly leave. The scene is meant to say "oh you ignorant brutes, if you weren't blinded by your jingoistic ideology you'd see how you're driving away all the nice, sensitive, intelligent people." When in reality the Germans were driving away degenerate, unproductive, antagonistic, foreign Marxists, which is the point of the whole thing and not a sad side-effect.

>Dirty Harry
Fag-got.

>Evil Dead
Correct.

>Goldeneye
Correct.

>Princess Bride
I haven't actually seen it since the 80s, so I'm not gonna judge.

>Falling Down
It's kinda bad... but it has some moments.

>Inception
It's not THAT bad.

>Raging Bull
Yes, thank you.

>Drive
What you got against Drive? It's not great, but it ain't bad.

>Avatar
Do people actually like this movie?

that is the one scene that made an impression on me as well. yeah. curious how un-self-aware people can be

>It's boring.

bad movie, great show.

Any Nolan film

100% the truth

following is actually an okay film.
not really a fan of any of his other films

Yeah true

Bad subjective opinions: the thread

why do i still come to this site
all i do is scroll down every thread to get to the bottom, not even reading any posts

fuck me

But thats just not true

This and all the other dogshit 80s movies such as:
Back to the Future
Gremlins
and all those other shit films Gen Xers pretend are so amazing.
This era was one of the worst for films, with the exception of a few outliers.

The Last Samurai
Bone Tomahawk
Hell or High Water
Wind River
TalentessHacksaw Ridge
Batman vs Superman
Blackhat
Brawl in Cell Block 99
Miami Vice
Sunshine

I find myself doing this a lot when I am high.

good post.
I would include The Breakfast Club, Burton's Batman, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Top Gun, When Harry Met Sally, Footloose, Karate Kid
what a shitty decade

>explain without using maymays
>uses maymays

>I would include The Breakfast Club, Burton's Batman, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Top Gun, When Harry Met Sally, Footloose, Karate Kid
>what a shitty decade
Every decade has shitty movies that normies love.

If you're going to decade by decade comparison, compare the best, not the worst.

ITT: Contrarians and underage

this

It's not a very good film with pretty poor acting and scenery chewing. It is one of the more popular versions of the power fantasy where the "righteous" do-gooder overcomes evil through superior violence. Lazy and obvious for the most part.

Only some people liked it but few people actually watched it. It was for fans of the first movie only. Has even less to do with the source material than the first movie did.

You completely misunderstood the point of the movie congrats

theres maybe 7 movies worth a shit from that entire decade.
>The Elephant Man
>The Thing
>Do the Right Thing
>Raging Bull
>The Shining
>Blue Velvet
>Blade Runner
10 years and only 7 films.

Not surprised, John Milius is definitely not for millennial soyboys.

I like Ferris Bueller's Day Off but I like stories about extrovert/introvert friendships. FBDO is kind of an American Il Sorpasso.

lol wtf are you talking about? majority of Sup Forums loved it.

>If you're going to decade by decade comparison, compare the best, not the worst.
It's the same, the three previous decades were better and the 90's as well.
It wasn't that shitty, but surely it was the worst decade of the last century

80s were the golden age of actual good action blockbusters
>Aliens
>Terminator
>Predator
>Lethal Weapon
>Indiana Jones series
>ESB and RotJ
>Die Hard
plus there was some more "serious" stuff like Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Scarface and the ones you mentioned. and a bunch of stuff that could only have been made in the 80s--Robocop, American Werewolf, Spinal Tap, the good SNL comedies. Sure, it was no 40s, 50s, 60s or 70s artistically but I'd rank it above 00s and 10s at least. 90s were better though, yes

LA ATROCIDAD

>action
>good

platoon, Full Metal Jacket and Scarface are good can't believe I missed those.
the indie boom of the 90s created some of the greatest films ever in only half a decade. the 80s created maybe 10 movies that aren't just pulp.

t. nu-"male"

oh and Das Boot. and a bunch of Scorcese movies I haven't seen but people seem to like. And Dead Poets Society. Ran. Tarkovsky made two movies in the 80s but I haven't seen them. Once Upon a Time in America was pretty good. On second thought I think I prefer the 80s to the 90s. 90s seem to presage a lot of the dreck inflicted on us thereafter, the indie boom, all the edgy nihilistic shit masquerading as high art, Tarantino, and the beginnings of the capeshit scourge. 80s were more optimistic and less pretentious

It felt like this movie was made solely to increase his ego.

The 80's was also tied with the 50's for best B-movies ever made. In the 50's we had cheap scifi b-movies with giant X and in the 80's we had a gore galore like Evil dead, Street trash, Return of the living dead etc.

>the indie boom of the 90s created some of the greatest films ever
literally none of those movies are among the greatest ever in my book

>the indie boom of the 90s created some of the greatest films ever
I'm not even shitposting, but can you name a few of those greatest films ever?

>Dirty Harry 8/10
>Magnum Force 7/10
>The Enforcer 6/10
>Sudden Impact 8/10
>The Dead Pool 7/10

It's a solid trilogy

>the indie boom of the 90s created some of the greatest films ever in only half a decade
Gee, what a faggot

but user the ending scene
> I'm the boss I'm the boss I'm the boss I'm the boss I'm the boss I'm the boss I'm the boss I'm the boss I'm the boss I'm the boss I'm the boss

What's the definition of "indie"?
Anyway 90s > 80s

>Pi
>Slacker
>Pulp Fiction
>Trainspotting
>Welcome to the Dollhouse
>Kids
>Gummo
>Happiness
>Hard Eight
>Being John Malkovich
>Reservoir Dogs
>all the Coens early work.

not produced by a major film studio.

see

so Pulp Fiction is not an indie film, because Miramax was bought by Disney in 1993, right?

yeah, none of those are in the top tier for me. I like the Coens' 90s stuff a lot (almost all of their stuff in fact) but it just doesn't measure up to the golden age classics or the best of the 60s and 70s

Only your two lasts are great

thank you, I really care about your opinion on every post in this thread

They're all great movies, but I think only the two Tarantinos and some of the Coens deserve to be considered among the greatest ever

t. Soyboy

>you either like bad movies or you're a soyboy/cuck/female
Not an argument.

I'm going to catalog this bait thread best I can of right, wrong, and neutral:

Right

Wrong

Neutral

thank you for your input, retard
now fuck off because no one cares