Sup Forums armies/military

So are there any military forces and factions in Sup Forums works that are good/awesome/worth noticing? Alot of times Sup Forums military forces (not significantly named characters) are often depicted as being incompetent, inefficient, incompetent and or incapable of doing anything effectively which makes real life Arab Armies look good. (like in pic related)

So There any Sup Forums militaries worth noticing and appreciating?

well one things for sure dc argus is not one of them

Clone troopers from the clone wars were pretty great, but maybe's that's because droids are trash.

Providence military is great. Sad they get fucked to all hell by EVOs

Yeah but Providence once lost to a bunch of tryhard Mad Max wanabe cosplayers who just had bows and arrows.

A Providence Battallion might as well loose to some armed anti-western militant group in Africa.

G.I. Joe comes immediately to mind. Cobra is a bit of a joke at the best of times, but the Joes usually come across pretty strong in the comics.

There are loads of war comics, but a lot of them aren't really "comic booky" feeling (golden agey, CCA influenced, fantastical that sort of thing). There are some pretty well known groups, though. Easy Company, the Howling Commandos, the Suicide Squad (not that one), the Haunted Tank's unit.

The remains of the argentinian army is at least competent in El Eternauta.

A.I.M. is pretty brutal.

Ey, what the fuck is their acronym supposed to mean again?

And unlike Providence in OP image related, they wouldn't be completely useless against EVOs/mutants.

did providence start sucking when rex became an asset or not?

they seem effective (though always in 'terminate mode') before rex came aboard.

Advanced Idea Mechanics

>Did Providence start sucking when Rex became an asset or not?
Providence before Rex showed up where hardcore fuckers who would terminate the shit out of EVOs because they didn't have time to fuck around with the EVOs and letting them wreck tons of property. Six was a warmonger.

After the Rex showed up they calmed their shit down a bit because he could deactive the nanites in Evos.

basically the 'humane' option cost them their edge?

incapacitate instead of kill on sight = much harder time?

The Human Defense Corps.

Looks intresting,any good?

It's pretty good, but sadly it's also incredibly short. Just a six issue mini. The first half is a bit weird and kinda meandering, but the second half kicks into high gear really fucking fast and doesn't let up 'till the end. The last two issues are full on "Humanity, FUCK YEAH!"

I now want a small army of Poole Boys to go with my GI Joes

Oh shit, this looks good.
Just checked and the complete series is on: readcomiconline.to

Thanks,I know what I'm looking for next time I go to the comic shop

Basically, but history lesson the best Aztec soldiers were the ones who could capture their enemy alive and bring them back to made for sacrifices.

Another one I just remembered: Spooks, by RA Salvatore and Larry Hama. A slightly longer-lived couple of miniseries that's pretty much the BPRD meets GI Joe. Monsters vs Operators. Good shit.

Good fucking luck. I don't think it's ever been collected. You're better off looking for scans.

Cobra

Jesus, you just open my eyes to how shitty the clones were. The droids seem like the cheapest AI they could find that is borderline video game FPS tier. Yet somehow the clones who are real people couldn't get by them. Hell most of the episodes were literally a single guy/group doing what a whole squad couldn't. Like the clones seem decent but only by comparison. I guess they recycle the DNA one too many times or something.

It's not that clones couldn't kill droids, its the fact that B1 battle droids were so dirt cheap that they could field 1000 of them for every clone trooper they had to face.

Fire Nation.
Before Aang showed up, they spent 100 years kicking everyone else's shit in.