Fixing bad comics

Step 1: Choose bad comic book or /c/-character
Step 2: Come up with some kind of solution and explain how it would work

Problem: America Chavez
Solution: Kill her, cancel her

>Kill character
It is easy solution, no points for that one

America Chavez is not from a lesbian superdimension but is literally the personification of modern America- like Uncle Sam was in the 1940s.

Think Captain America, but leaning on the mystical/cosmic side of Marvel.

I can't believe characters like Thanos and the Silver Surfer have to share the cosmic space with the likes of her.

What her powers would be? Who would be her supporting characters? Potential story arc maybe?

>going for the first idea
user... thats what hacks do.

Kill Gabby RIvera.
An easier solution.

>she is a personification of Trumps america

America is a great character in Ultimates.

Her stand alone book needs to be purged from all living memory.

Oh Im sorry, I didnt know we were painting a shithouse and calling it a luxury home

So antihero/sympathetic villain with double personality and hot temper then
I would read that

You should of been known

How we fix that one?

Replace her with that one guys niece.

Make her slide into undeniable supervillainy.

Alright, hard mode
No replacement or killing allowed

First off, ditch the armor. You can have a supporting Iron Man character and not throw them into a suit. Personally Id make her an assisting hero, and by that I mean she flies around in this giant mobile workshop/tank. Tony or a not dead War Machine needing a quick fix or armor swap in the field? Riri shows up while laying down suppressing fire. I guess it can turn into a giant suit too, whatever

that sounds really cool. also she should be able to control all the armors ironman 3 style to help fight really strong bosses/armies.

Lose the hammer, meld her with the world tree, Jane is now cured of cancer and is one with the nine realms. What does she do? Nothing.

But it's boring and have zero plot potential. Why some one would read that?

Lame

make her say "hold your tits" to every woman with breast cancer

>power to detect or potentially give breast cancer
Nice

Step 1: Batman
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Largo Winch

Batman now is a heterosexual male who understands that his fists can never punch as hard as his business empire and that punching clowns in public only leads to bad press.

How so?

America Chavez just needs to be humbled. She needs to fail dramatically and temporarily be mentored by a senior hero.
The current problem with her is that she just shows up being a perfect smug asshole. Nobody likes that kind of character other than Tumblr.

Bad Comic: Avengers Arena

1. Different Writer, one who knows the cast and the genre.
2. It's all VR. No one dies for real.
3. It's a Mojo plot, not Arcade.
4. It takes place over the course of a single weekend and is a LIVE broadcast, which is revealed at the end.

>America Chavez just needs to be humbled. She needs to fail dramatically and temporarily be mentored by a senior hero.

Nigga, she's America Chaves, not France Chavez. She was BORN Dindu Nuff. The world could burn at her hands and she'd still dindu nuff.

why? we could introduce her like that and then make something really big happen.
>tony is captured
>all suits are destroyed
>mobile base under attack
>Riri has to use her intelligence and intelligence only to escape
>she escapes
>has to rescue stark and defeat her enemies with zero resources
could be fun seeing her trick the smartest villains and even tony stark himself to get her plan to work. also improvised nukes

marvel really sucks at making a super genius appeal as a super genius

Problem: America Chavez
Solution: Show us them titties girl!

No one would give a shit what she said, or what was going on in the story.

problem: gwenpool
solution: stop shitposting on Sup Forums. also stop using her in crossovers to ruin her character

Move her to her 'own' book called Iron Heart. Easy fix.

What interesting in superheroes mechanic? She just do her job. Prove me wrong. Pitch a story which has potential with this concept

She enters the scene, gets lucky and faces all the right targets that she can take down, usually with at least some help from the Young Avengers. But she leaves them, thinking that she can take on the world on her own, and finds that superheroing can be so much harder when the villains are smarter and no one has your back. She loses. Constantly. She isn't smart enough, doesn't try to do much other than punch her way through everything.

After one particularly humiliating defeat where an older hero saves her ass they decide that she does ended have potential and offer to mentor her. She's reluctant at first, refuses to accept that she's not perfect, but another couple of defeats later she's lying on the ground, utterly defeated, and realises that the live will kill her unless she wises up. So she bitterly approaches the older hero again, saying that she'll accept their offer but that doesn't mean that she'll just listen to their "bullshit" all of the time. A fragile partnership starts, at first filled with friction and resentment, but as America starts to learn and grow she comes to appreciate her mentor more and more. They're still not the best of friends but she has their back just as much as they have hers. And then someone dies?

Death is not "killing". Let the cancer over come. Have an emotional book with everyone saying their goodbyes.

Ok, what then. What her next adventure? It's maximum one shot

I had similar idea once. I thought about classic fantasy rouge hero, that was transformed into girl by evil wizard.He immediately kills him, but spell does not breaks. So he began epic quest to find some magic which could transform him back. Also clumsy incompetent wizard girl sidekick

Her tank/shop suffers critical failure and shes now stuck on the bottom of the ocean. She has limited time to either fix it, make some sort of breathing apparatus, or die from either the water pressure or underwater based villain circling the area.

Have her return the hammer
apologize for everything
get cured and keep a bit of the power
make her Thor's sidekick

She doesnt want to return the hammer or get better for that matter. Shes either selfish or mentally ill, because fact is she wants cancer
>Says she wants to beat cancer on her own without magic aid
>By using the hammer it undoes her chemotherapy

Not good enough. Hero fighting a villain or investigating crimes is far more exciting

America Chavez is revealed to have been in a simulation of what life would have been like if SJW's got what they wanted

she punches whoever was responsible and goes on a spirit trip throughout the multiverse and meets all kinds of characters

does anyone right now?

America's problem isn't in her setup, it's in her execution. Make the sorority girls an actual supporting cast, redefine her relationship with Prodigy, make her canonically a shitty girlfriend, use the sci-fi college setting to the advantage of the story, give her some long-term, developed villains, give her some defeats, half-victories, and unintended consequences, and change the tone to fit the freewheeling, batshit insane setup. Go full Buckaroo Banzai with the title.

Honestly, at this point you'd probably need a full wipe considering where she is in her book. I'd have gone a little shonen with the book, "high school" versions of a few Iron Man villains, a rivalry with Lila Rhodes (who is the new War Machine and doesn't like Riri at all), all wrapped around character work of an awkward, lonely genius with a selfish, impulsive streak and her self-destructive, egotistical superhero mentor who really is trying his best to see her turn out better than him.

Take the USAvengers variant cover that has her as the state hero of Alabama and make it the central conceit of the comic. Dr. Jane Foster travels the backroads of Alabama treating the poor, both urban and rural, while serving as the only superhero around for hundreds of miles.

Could work

so, dr jekyll & mr hyde, except they're both hyde, and they're both so angry, it's comical

Solution: she is only one of several "America" characters who embody different values (to varying degrees) and fight among each other for dominance. In the climax, they hold a meeting where they try to agree on the best way to defeat a cosmic villain while the actual Marvel heroes are already taking care of the problem. When they find out the threat has been eliminated, half of them congratulate the team while others criticize the way they handled it and try to get #notmyavengers trending.

>civil war arc
>all personifications of modern America with radically different powers fighting each other
I would totally read that

Captain Marvel is a Skrull
Real Carol is lost in space

Basically nothing is changed

Character: Harley Quinn
Solution: Make her sane, make her a doctor again, then stop writing about her and make her some reclusive researcher that is occasionally mentioned, makes a non-vital cameo or two over the years, but is ultimately forgotten.

>Dr. Jane Foster travels the backroads of Alabama treating the poor, both urban and rural, while serving as the only superhero around for hundreds of miles.
I like it.

America Chavez

Solution: She crosses a line with her obnoxious behavior and turns on Kate Bishop for something petty, causing a rift between them. Getting pissy, America decides to go on a journey through America. She soon realizes that she's isolated herself from the people she cares about again, and it's all her fault.

But before she can go and apologize, she runs into a troubled white cis male who's stealing from a store. She catches him and chews him out, but learns that he's a poor orphan boy or whatever, and he doesn't trust her or see her as a hero; she's just some girl who shows up, judges people on their race, acts high-and-mighty, and tells everyone to follow her on BeamChat before leaving.

After a kooky adventure, the boy learns to see that America was actually a great hero. (Maybe she also saves the lives of racists, because it makes her look more noble.) America learns to be less abrasive, and decides that she's going to try and be a role model that people can depend on, because she wants to be a hero to all. As Miss America, she'll represent everything she believes, and be the change she wants to see in the world: peace, lesbians, diversity, acceptance, lesbians, and freedom and happiness for everyone.

America returns to Kate and brags about her revelation, and how she's going to be less of an asswipe and more of a role model. Kate praises her for being so wonderful and caring of others, and then they talk about pillows for four pages.

And America becomes less like Gabby Rivera, and more like a superhero. She can keep the snark, but she'll be less racist, judgmental and selfish. And the best part is, America's changing her ideals because she wants to be seen as a hero, so that could open up more stories about her trying desperately to stay in peoples' hearts, which ties into her previous abandonment issues.

Make her struggle with trying to act like an Asgardian all the time. Give her some awkward "haha, I mean, BRING ME SOME MORE MEAD!" moments.

Also do away with all bullshit over the top feminism moments.

>thread is just fixing sjw marvel shit

Time to fix: Sins Past
The kids are Gwen and Harry's. Still has the emotional effect of invoking Gwen and the whole "she wasn't as pure as you think she was", a connection to the Osborn legacy, and you get to keep the kids as characters, while at the same time it's not fucking Norman. Gwen and Harry were BFFs pre-meeting Peter, make it a high school teen mistake that Norman "fixed" for them. You could even possibly have the kids age at a normal rate if you have pregnant at 15-16, and the arc is what, 13 years later. Peter's like 28-30 something in that arc. Norman's a liar who lies about everything else.

You get to keep everything mildly interesting about the arc and remove the garbage.

Fix him Sup Forums

He goes to a therapist and learns to accept that shit happens. People start to call him out for being an asshole more frequently and stop trusting him. Darkside punches him in the face

That would have been great. But then Marvel wouldn't have gotten to kill off characters that weren't earning them enough money, which was the only purpose of the book.

>give her some defeats, half-victories, and unintended consequences
wow! racist, sexist, and homophobic much?

Make editorial keep his skillset/actions within a human timeframe. People already recognize this when they say Batman just requires "preptime." If "time" is the resource most valuable to Batman, then let's start acting like it. Give me a real sense of how fucking packed Bruce Wayne's/Batman's life is.

>Problem: America Chavez
>Solution: She makes a portal to the DCU und Lobo kills her.

this is....good. i would read this.
i never said i would buy this

Build on Morrison's idea that all of Batman's history actually occurred to one man. He is barely able to hold it together anymore and starts seeing a therapist, to whom he recounts his thoughts and feelings regarding the Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age - the deaths he's seen, the weird cosmic shit, etc. A kind of nightmarish introspection of what it is to be Batman - meanwhile running through the history as if somebody's fucking thesis. I mean, a crazy "Arkham Asylum" meets "Batman: Odyssey" book.

So each issue is like a session covering a different time period or theme. The further we get, the more Batman opens up. One day he shows up, paranoid as fuck. Some villain he caught made reference to something he said in the therapy session. They talk about paranoia, Scarecrow's gas, etc.

Then there is a massive breakout from Arkham (of course). Batman goes to talk to his therapist, who during the session reveals he is actually Edward Nigma in disguise, the walls come down and the villains are there, laughing at and making fun of him. A live audience has secretly been watching him the entire time, throughout all the sessions. Batman snaps. This is the final straw. What follows is him killing his rogues gallery while on the run from the Justice League.

Step 1: Stop fucking talking about them
Step 2: Start talking about things you like

You shits make so many of these threads that getting heat is the only way for characters to get noticed outside of waifushittery.

Problem: Amazing Spider-Man
Solution: Remove Slott and put Kelly, Conway, Spencer or Thompson on the title as the lead writer

Fix him.

Make him white

Allow someone other than Bendis to write his progression as a character.

When done right, it works.

>Take any book that Marvel editorial approves because it gives them 'controversy' points or is socially 'edgy' and would shake things up and get people talking
>Actually hire competent and proven talent to work on those books, instead of webcomic randos, bloggers, or inexperienced art interns
>Realize that this is Marvel, and that they're incompetent at managing talent

Problem solved without being Sup Forumsbait.

We give him a new name

Give him a new identity that isn't just "black Spider-Man". Drop the venom blast OHKO bullshit power, say he lost it after getting shoved into 616 or whatever, I don't care. Actually have the fact that he's the sole survivor of his reality living as a refugee in 616 more apparent. He shouldn't fit in so seamlessly like he's always been there.

Above all else, most importantly, give him to someone other than Bendis. As long as Bendis is writing him, he'll never be anything other than perfectly bland.

Captain Marvel is already a good comic though.

Give her an awkward less superpowered BF

give him his own rogue gallery; he had good ones like his uncle and Ult Mac Gargan

I feel like this should be the unspoken rule.

I actually think this is fantastic. It immediately presents a whole host of interesting story directions.
I cannot imagine how you would sell it though.

I was with you up until the last paragraph. As a climax it seems pretty disconnected from the rest of your pitch.

She's got two more issues at best.

I like it.

Develop the aspect that people see him as the black Spider-Man in-universe. Have him realize that, while some people see it as a good thing and some people see it as a bad thing in and of itself, most people don't actually care and it doesn't mean anything when they refer to him as the "black Spider-Man." Give him a character flaw in that he's actually a pretty insecure guy with some self-esteem issues that feed internal anger and guilt. Usual conceits of giving him a rogues gallery, nerfing Venom blast, and getting Bendis off the book also apply.

Give him sexy superhero twink adventures with Sam.

I thought Venom was the black spider-man

Except for the murder part, you could run it as a metaphor of how Bruce sees his villains: garish mockeries of the sacrifices and struggles he's endured during his war on crime. After all, the idea that Batman creates or draws supervillains to Gotham because they want a challenge has to weigh on him.

That could definitely work.

We already know shes is, that's why recommended their idea.

I say this constantly because I read her book but there is literally nothing wrong with her. She's just bogged down by Tony Stark's baggage. She should just be her own hero now. There is nothing she has left to learn from him.

Fuck she has more to learn from Dr. Doom in his comic. Put them two together. That makes for a MUCH better story.

easy: Doom sidekick

Doom suffered enough already

Riri is gonna get KRISTOFF'D