OH BOY I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS! MY WIFE'S SON LOVES IDW COMICS!

OH BOY I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS! MY WIFE'S SON LOVES IDW COMICS!

cbr.com/sega-idw-announce-sonic-comics/

>SEGA and IDW Publishing have announced a partnership to produce new comics based on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise as soon as 2018. The news follows the recent termination of SEGA’s contract with Archie Comics, which housed several Sonic comic book titles over the last 20 years.

>“Creative teams are currently being formed,” teases an official press release, “and a publishing plan is now underway with more details to come at a later date. Writers and artists will be bringing their considerable talents to the comic book world of Sonic.”

>“We’ve been speaking with beloved Sonic fan-favorite creators and new creators alike, and are excited to be able to spread specifics about our plans for the comic in the near future,” Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer, said upon the announcement.

>“We are ecstatic about this partnership with IDW,” Ivo Gerscovich, Chief Brand Officer for Sonic the Hedgehog, said. “We know they’ll serve as a good home for the new adventures of Sonic, his friends, and foes.”

I'LL BE PEGGED BY MY WIFE TONIGHT TO CELEBRATE!!

YAAAS IDW SLAY

What?

Just give us the classic SatAM cast and a decent roster of new characters worth a damn and I'll be happy.

Giving us at least that much will make all the shit caused by that fat cunt Ken Penders worth the headaches and heartbreaks.

you know they're making fun of it there, right?
you even have the context right in that image

Plus, I doubt that a comic about colorful cartoon animals fighting a fat man with a mustache would do this sort of shit unironically.

Playing devil's advocate here, if having two of those colorful cartoony animals having an anime-tier drama scene was possible in the past comics, then anything is I guess...

Why are making a poor attempt at making fun of an interesting and in-character storyline?

Go away Penders

They're not making fun of it, they simply aknowledge it as a "meme".
Aknowledging something is a way to give it legitimacy, but more than that I don't want to be reminded of that bullshit in fucking Transformers comics.

> in-character
Yeah, pretty sensible to have species without genital being fags.
Go away cockmuncher.

Genitals do not equate to genders.
Romantic feels do not equate to sexual ones.

feelings*

>Genitals do not equate to genders.
Go back.

Yeah it's not as bad as Marvel's bullshit but still. People don't necessarily even want to think about that shit when they're trying to read about fighting robots.

Not him, but I do have some worries.

Remember that mlp did a comic about dragon racism because the moral of Spike choosing to be a pony was racist towards black people.

It's some incomprehensible idiot from Sup Forums incapable of communicating in the English language, only in memes. We get them whenever there's a video game related comic or cartoon announcement. Just ignore it.

This, literally, millennia old information.
This issue in particular was them masquerading as humans in a sitcom world generated by a depressed Autobot that has fallen into a coma through self neglect.

Also, the war's been over in IDW for years now.

Yes
Yes
You're removing the most important factors of the equation and then saying "It doesn't matter!" when it seriously does if you look at any population. The rest are mutations.

>interesting and in-character
That was very cringeworth. Well done.

Huh. Well, I guess this will be my chance to jump into Sonic comics then

>We get them whenever there's a video game related comic or cartoon announcement.
>It's neither

You are some special kind of retard.

That seems like a dumb thing to be mildly annoyed about.

What's not interesting or in-character about it? Starscream is scheming out the ass to manipulate a lonely Blast Off in a way that's going backfire spectacularly.

>This, literally, millennia old information.
*millenial information
ftfy

m8, what the fuck are you talking about

I assume he's referring to the post he quoted you fucking idiot.

That fact that it exists now does not suddenly negate that fact that's it's been known for actual ages as well. Nice try, though.

Obviously, but that doesn't make the actual content of the response coherent.

Jesus fuck not only you're spewing bullshit but you're doing so in fucking piss-poor english.
Go back to highschool dipshit, reading you is giving me a headache.

I highly doubt Sonic comics will do SJW shit, the characters aren't even human.

It's not interesting to see homobots going on like a novella. Perhaps in a different franchise.

Considering there's only two lines in the first post, and the reply has two lines saying "Yes", you can probably conclude what's being said, given the context clues. This isn't exactly an elaborate exercise in logic, here.

>the characters aren't even human.
Neither are the autobots.

See: They do have some hacks like mister I have a black daughter dude.

If they get Ian Flynn it will be okay.

Didn't you literally get it the wrong way around? What incentive does something without genitalia have to not be a fag?

It is when it's a forced dream state brought on by a spider woman stabbing her fingers into someone's brain in an attempt to brainwash political dissidents that can become a fuckoff giant robot into being your loyal bodyguards.

>mister I have a black daughter dude.
Bendis? THAT Bendis?

That's the background, by this logic even them shitting in each other's mouth would be interesting and in-character because IT'S A DREAM BY A SPIDERWOMAN YOU SEE!
Just stop shilling.

Nah, I think it's another dude with a black daughter. I don't remember his name, but I remember his meltdown on twitter, that the story was pushed garbage and that the dragons who lived in notChinatown looked like Barneys.

... the OP is literally about the announcement of a video game tie-in comic.

You see what I mean about Sup Forums fags being unable to understand language other than memes?

you know it was only, like, a single page, right?

Will Ian write it?

>moving goalposts

And we're done here.

>MY WIFE'S SON
What did you actually mean by this?

No? I still find that single page a good read. I'm just clarifying what you seem to think is some long, drawn out depiction. If the idea of it bothers you THAT much, it's only a single page that does so.

If all the others 16 posters managed to understand the OP and you didn't, maybe I'd start asking myself some serious questions.

Why did this turn into a bad Transformers thread?

It always was.
There's more than meets the eye to a thread, user.

Because IDW has the TF license and is doing things with it that make babys whine and cry. OP is a baby and fears they will be crying about Sonic.

>ESL shill shitposting again

Would you react this way if a man robot and a lady robot were romantic?

I mean, they're ROBOTS. They don't have genders, but they do have emotional responses and personality. It is a very safe bet that there would be "gay" robots.

No, they have genders. They just don't have sexes.

Fair. Besides the point, is it gay if there's no dicks touching?

Or do Transformers have dicks? I don't actually know how they work.

>Would you react this way if a man robot and a lady robot were romantic?

Yes.
Romantic feelings and sex are correlated, can't have one without the other.

>Fair.
No, it's stupid and you're an idiot.

We already know some of the Archie artists are already signed on. ABT has been sidestepping this as clumsily as possible. Whether they'll bring Ian back or try for new writers isn't clear. If nothing else he'll be doing a few backups since he already does freelance for them.

Because there is already another thread for this with much more people.

What, that there's a difference between what a person believes their gender to be versus what their organs dictate?

I thought that was one of the reasons people get really upset about this shit on both sides?

oh god you're serious, aren't you
>is it gay if there's no dicks touching?
it can be, that's the entire thing we're discussing. homosexuality and homoromanticism are separate concepts (that, granted, usually go together)
>Or do Transformers have dicks?
sexual reproduction has been alluded to in a few Transformers stories (most notably in Beast Wars) but the closet thing we've had confirmed in that Dickbot the Blender Guy has something that is dicklike

>Best case scenario
Since Sega owns everything that was produced for Archie, this is just a legal cleansing move and they'll continue exactly where they left off while bringing in more fresh blood.

>Likely scenario
We get another fucking reboot and it's just goofy hijinks.

>Worst case scenario
Endless minis written and drawn by people who don't even like Sonic.

>oh god you're serious, aren't you
>WHY DON'T YOU RESPECT MY MENTAL ILLNESS

Do us all a favor and eat a bullet, you're going to anyway.

This has absolutely nothing to do with mental illnesses and more with the fact that's you've neglected to consider the most obvious counterpoint to your statement: children feel romantic interest in others without involving sexual interest.

But user said nothing about gender just that you can have romance without sex which is correct

>children feel romantic interest in others without involving sexual interest.

Yeah that's the endgame with you isn't it? Wanting to fuck children.
Not only you're insane, you're a criminal as well and no amount of bullshit will change this.

>But user said nothing about gender
I'm sorry for your dyslexia but you really shouldn't post with your condition.

Obvious bait, I'll respond to call it out so no one else has to.

holy kek

Uh-uh, keep playing make believe, maybe one day you'll actually have a vagina instead of a bleeding, hairy open wound.

Reread his post. He mentioned gsys but not genders. At least shitpost correctly