This Peter Parker is a piece of shit...

This Peter Parker is a piece of shit. At the end of Spider-Man 1 Mary Jane essentially throws herself at Peter saying how much she loves him and as a result Peter friend zones her to protect her.

At the end of Amazing Spider-Man 1 Gwen Stacy's dad begs him to stay away from Gwen as his dying last breath. And what does he do? He promises yes and then a moment later says in class to Gwen that's some promises are meant to be broken.

He does the exact opposite of Raimi's Spider-Man. Betraying a dead man's final wish and eventually getting Gwen killed.

Amazing Spider-Man Peter is a skateboarding cool kid piece of shit that only gets "cooler" and when you break him down he's not even actually Peter Parker. The characters all wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY
youtube.com/watch?v=PIlStdAb1EY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that the Nostalgia Critic thinks the Amazing films are better than the Raimi ones.

So what, Spider-man can never have a love interest OP?

we know

Uncle Ben died for chocolate milk

So to you, leaving your girlfriend right as she loses her father and completely ignoring her when she needs emotional support is a good thing?

Wrong, Uncle Ben died doing the right thing by trying to stop an armed robber from escaping.

bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks

That is not at all his argument user.

>Raimi's Peter is the better Peter Parker because he doesn't get the girl.

I agree. Raimi movies are basically unwatchable, they reek of early 2000s

Newfag detected

Nostalgiafag detected.

The people who wrote this and especially the ones who wrote the sequel are fucking idiots with a fundamental failure to understand Spider-Man.

This here is probably the most clear example. Peter never does anything wrong and everything bad that happens to him is everyone else's fault. Peter is just a stand-up guy, he's awesome, he deserves the girl of his dreams and to be a cool superhero, but everyone is always conspiring against him.

In the comics, Peter is a flawed, fallible human being. His struggles come from the fact that doing the right thing is harder than doing the self-serving thing. But in these movies, the right thing is ALWAYS advantageous to Peter, and only go wrong when other people try to sabotage his dreams.

This is something you see in the Harry Potter films too, which were written by the same guy, and the Twilight movies which have the same director.

ASM2 is even WORSE, being written by the two biggest hacks in Hollywood: Orci and Kurtzman. Someone once pointed out to me that the mentality behind the way they write is the same as conspiracy theorists (Kurtzman is a 9/11 truther), who view everything in a simplistic way where good people get fucked over by evil shadowy people working behind the scenes, and everything happens due to some plan rather than anything being a coincidence.

In the comics (later bad retcons notwithstanding) Peter is a guy who gets his powers completely by accident, and his parents died in a random accident.

In ASM 1 and 2, Peter is the result of a literal conspiracy, he was destined to get his powers and his parents were killed because of their efforts.

The ASM movies are like the epitome of how so many people completely fail to understand what makes Spider-Man so great.

>Peter never does anything wrong and everything bad that happens to him is everyone else's fault. Peter is just a stand-up guy, he's awesome, he deserves the girl of his dreams and to be a cool superhero,
See here I thought you were talkong about the raimi movies especially when you're talking about
>Peter is a flawed, fallible human being. His struggles come from the fact that doing the right thing is harder than doing the self-serving thing.
Cause Of course Toby's Pete is basically just gee golly ain't I a swell guy milquetoast motherfucker while Andrew's Peter fits the Mold of fallible human being whose most driven by his own self-interest in the movie but then I got to here
>the right thing is ALWAYS advantageous to Peter
And realized you were just fucking stupid.

We've had this thread so many fucking times. Raimi and Webb sucked.

Nostalgia Critic was also too much of a retard to notice Last Action Hero was a parody of 80's action movies

Look at all this fucking text that I'm gonna refute in a few sentences.
Now you're ebtire argument relies on this >doing the right thing is always advantageous to Peter.
Now ignoring that Spider-man in not fucking Kant and the idea That Peter has to be a shat of for the rest of his life to Be Spider-man is a fucking terrible element that only hacks believe in, we know That this is simply isn't true for ASM 1 Peter as he chooses the wrong thing because it's advantageous to him while ignoring the right thong because he isn't.

It's almost like nitpicking and ignoring looking at something beyond the surface level makes everything seem shallow!

and the Webb movies reek of 2010's
whats your point?
youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY

2010's have a more pleasing aesthetic.
Everything early 2000 feels bubblegum fake, bloated, with cheap effects and bad designs.

That both movies are of equal quality.

He just released a 2003 Hulk review. Of all things he gets mad about the editing gimmicks. What a fucking faggot.

Let's see, who do I find more convincing, the guy that talks in full paragraphs and uses verifiable facts to get his point across Or the guy who can't even talk in full sentences and basically just says "Nuh-uh!"? Yeah, I think I'll listen to the first guy.

Reminder that Amazing>>>>Homecoming

2 still holds up

Ehh. Doc Ock is ok, but the rest sucks.

>uses verifiable facts
Where did he use verifiable facts? I see a lotnof opinions stated as facts but no actual facts that can be verified.

>this post has more words therefore it's smarter.
Try to actually use your brain and see what's he actually saying instead of just assuming he must of made his point.

IMPRESSIVE

Samefag.

>2010's have a more pleasing aesthetic.
let me guess
you where born on 1999?

In fact let me help you think critical and we're gonna actually break down the argument.

IM THE RHI*cuts to black*

pleb

ASM is one of the most laughable superhero reboots in history, no soul and obviously just pandering to whatever shareholders think is popular
>Whats that? the dark knight made a shitload of money? WE MUST MAKE THIS DARK GRITTY AND REALISTIC?
>whats that? the Avengers made even more money? WE MUST MAKE THIS LIGHTHEARTED AND CHEESY BTW WE ALSO NEED A CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
meanwhile a movie made with actual passion
youtube.com/watch?v=PIlStdAb1EY

I thought they were cool aside from the ones that really like crap like the explosion one

>Peter never does anything wrong and everything bad that happens to him is everyone else's fault.
Now right here user already fucked up cause we can actually go back to the movie and see how Peter does wrong. We see him ignore Uncle ben's phone call while the lab woth Kurt Connors, we see him humiliated Flash, he let that robber go.
All of these are shown to be peter in the wrong.

the explosion was my favorite

>deserves the girl of his dreams and to be a cool superhero, but everyone is always conspiring against him.
This is just projection. The movie does not any way shows this.

for the wrong reasons

Tobey Maguire - Good Peter. Shit Spidey.

Andrew Garfield - Good Spidey. Shit Peter.

Congratulations on missing the point. He's saying that Raimi's Peter is better because he has an actual moral dilemma on assuming responsibility for his choices. Webb Peter assumed responsibility for his promise to Gwen's father but immediately throws it away. Raimi Peter assumes responsibility for being Spider-Man and endangering MJ's life via the Green Goblin finding out his identity and in order to prevent this from happening again, he resolves to keep her at arm's length.

>His struggles come from the fact that doing the right thing is harder than doing the self-serving thing. But in these movies, the right thing is ALWAYS advantageous to Peter
Didn't he trade a criminal's freedom for a bottle of milk?

>in these movies, the right thing is ALWAYS advantageous to Peter, and only go wrong when other people try to sabotage his dreams.
No going back to ingoring Uncle Bem's phone call we can see how this verifable fact quickly falls apart.
Ignoring the call was advantageous but wrong and the movie does show that.

That fucking idiot insults anyone who like the movie he hates. It's just normal for him.

PARTY ROCKETS IN THE HOUSE TOO NICE

>Uncle Ben died that night because he was the only one who did the right thing
How anyone thinks Homecoming rivals Raimi I'll never know.

>ASM2 is even WORSE, being written by the two biggest hacks in Hollywood: Orci and Kurtzman. Someone once pointed out to me that the mentality behind the way they write is the same as conspiracy theorists.
So the set-up is that the writers are crazy stupid people because they
>view everything in a simplistic way where good people get fucked over by evil shadowy people working behind the scenes, and everything happens due to some plan rather than anything being a coincidence.
Now besides the fact that Good Vs Evil is not that strange to have in your superhero film we also have this weird idea user has.
>everything happens due to some plan rather than anything being a coincidence.
That having a narrative in your story is bad.

>Peter is a guy who gets his powers completely by accident, and his parents died in a random accident.
>Narratives are bad, everything should happen by random chance

So if story structure isn't a bad thing this means
>In ASM 1 and 2, Peter is the result of a literal conspiracy, he was destined to get his powers and his parents were killed because of their efforts
This becomes a non-critique but user seems to place way too much importance on the idea of Spidey being an everyman character
>The ASM movies are like the epitome of how so many people completely fail to understand what makes Spider-Man so great.

>No music

Damn, replying on your actors like that. Treating your audience with respect. How many movies do that nowadays.

How many virgins were sacrificed to make these movies?

6 million

me too, user :)

Retard, ignored.

Retard, ignored.

Pic related. Also, a projection because I can tell by the fact that multiple replies all sound like they're written by the same tard that you must be samefagging yourself.

Then introduce a point, dipshit?

>This Peter Parker is a piece of shit. At the end of Spider-Man 1 Mary Jane essentially throws herself at Peter saying how much she loves him and as a result Peter friend zones her
tfw I did that to a girl I saw the movie with and it was a super awkward

>Kurtzman is a 9/11 truther
You say that as if it is a bad thing.
#jetfuelcantmeltwebbing

>In the comics (later bad retcons notwithstanding) Peter is a guy who gets his powers completely by accident, and his parents died in a random accident.
What? You did't like JMS and his spider god destiny and Gwen super aging kids shit?

To be fair, the editing in that film was awful.

This right here

Uncle Ben did nothing wrong

Holland played Peter exactly the way I wanted. He's a smartass with the mask on but often flustered without it.

That video, that scene has more soul than all the ASM and SPH movies together. When Peter want to hold May's hand and she slowly rejects him and goes away without uttering a word. It gets me every fucking time. And quoting an user from another thread, if this were another movie either from marvel or dc, he would have been forgiven in the spot and the conflict would have ended as soon as it started.
Btw the Raimi trilogy is one of the few movies that my father and I watch everytime,
it's just too good.

Do you...
Are you...

Bait?

>humiliating an asshole bully is wrong

Best Spider Man movies in order.
>Spider Man 2 (2004)
>Spider Man: Homecoming (2017)
>Spider Man(2002)

>Homecoming over 1
Confirmed Gen Z.

>introduce a point
Boom The writers of the movie didn't misunderstood the character, you just misunderstood the movie.

If the moral thing is to not be with Mary jane because doing so would put her in danger than he can never date Mary jane.
He can't date anyone because doing so would put them in danger.
So Peter Parker can never date because it would, according to you, be morally irresponsible.

2 > 1 > HC > ASM > ASM2

Vulture > Goblin > Ock > Lizard > Sandman > Venom > New Goblin > ASM2 Goblin > Electro

The point of Peter was that he was an average kid who got super powers. He misused them initially before realising that he had a responsibility to use those powers for the good of others. That's the origin story of Spiderman, and he learns the lesson too late, just like anyone else would. Peter was always meant to be a bit of a self-insert character because people who read comicbooks in the 60s were nerds and likely mocked at School like Peter was.

In ASM there's no feeling of chance, or that Peter is a regular person. Aunt May pulls him over every now and then to tell him about the importance of secrets and the cost they have, Oscorp has a file on Peter Parker because his Dad was a super scientist killed in industrial sabotage. Pretty much all the work was done for Peter Parker to become Spiderman, all it took was some chocolate milk to tip him over the edge.

Later on in the comics it was revealed that Peters parents were US Spies, killed abroad by the Red Skull. And while that was rather jarring, it didn't set Peter up for some greater destiny. Nick Fury didn't pop by and say "you're a Parker, and that means you're destined for great things." Even in Ultimate Spiderman, where his Dad was a big scientist, all we get is "well he was working on what turns out to be webbing, and trying to be a good guy fucked him over and possibly got him killed". No greater destiny thing again.

Amazing Spiderman shat the bed seriously hard with the character of Peter Parker.

>Pretty much all the work was done for Peter Parker to become Spiderman.
What an incredibly stupid ass statement.

Are you stupid? What do you think the parents wanted to happen with the spider-hybrid experiments? For him to fuck spiders?

The same shit Kurt Connors wanted, you remember Connors right user? The guy who explained what he and Peter's dad were aiming to do with slicing animals genes to cure Human infirmities.

Did you even watch the movie.

Richard Parker coded the spider venom to his DNA so Norman Osborn couldn't weaponize it. He never planned for Peter to become Spider-Man.

>The people who wrote this and especially the ones who wrote the sequel are fucking idiots with a fundamental failure to understand Spider-Man.
Same Sony Team, fagget.

>Peter never does anything wrong and everything bad that happens to him is everyone else's fault.
In ASM? He gets Uncle Ben and 2 members of the Stacy family killed (Gwen is an idiot and killed herself tho).

>The ASM movies are like the epitome of how so many people completely fail to understand what makes Spider-Man so great.

For all the things people criticize about this movie, it's essentially aesthetics and taste for another look. You are the first moron to argue they don't "understand" Spider-man, and yet your post just proves you're the one that didn't get anything with your projection on the character.

>lost my powers because plot

Spider-man 2 is a cringey joke.

That was the worst part of SM2, but it was still a great film.

What about Shocker?

I mock him

>that fucking subplot with his father and the subway train

DELETE THIS

Yes, he did. He died.

OH SHIT IT'S IRON-

Never mind lads we're good, it's just Shocker.

Overall yes, but then again ASM1 is also good movie.

Uncle Ben died because Sandman killed him, user.

thas the point you dumb fuck

hes a kid not a man

Raimi's movies are too cheesy for my taste, but I do think it handled the pressure of being a super-hero much better than ASM, which swept it under the rug in favor of cashing in on the swiftly dying Edward Cullen-lite trend and jamming Emma Stone down your throat. There was a level of nuance that made the movie interesting even though this introspection comes between PIZZA TIME and overacting extras.

I had a laugh at Garfield's acting in this scene.

I looked like a fucking lunatic for laughing at Uncle Ben's death, but that's what it did to me.

This is very very very close to how I would rate them.

2 > 1 > ASM > Homecoming > ASM2

Vulture > Goblin > Ock > Shocker > Lizard > New Goblin > Venom > Sandman > ASM2 Goblin > Electro > Rhino

>Kurtzman is a 9/11 truther
Wrong.
Orci is the truther.
Kurtzman is just a regular idiot.

>ASM over Homecoming
Shit taste.

Homecoming sucked. It shit on Spider-Man's legacy moreso than any other film.
>Black MJ completely eliminated the possibility of having hot redhead MJ that started as a party girl and then evolved into someone that generally cared about Peter and was more mature than she let on. Not some sarcastic spic that drops one-liners in every goddamn scene she was in.
>Ned Leeds is Ganke and is a slap in the face to his Hobgoblin arc.
>Suit was fucking BS. Spider-Man does not need an onboard AI.
>Tony Stark was completely unnecessary
>Peter's suit had way too many gadgets.
>Peter's web swinging paled in comparison to Raimi's and even Webbs.
>"The washington monument was built by slaves."
>Flash Thompson was a goddamn joke and completely eliminated the possibility of having Flash-Venom. Anyone who says physical bullying no longer exists have no idea what they're talkng about. I subbed at a high school before the school year let out and the stereotype of the big mean jock still holds true.
>He didn't throw a single goddamn punch.
>Peter had too much of a "Golly Jee Wizz" attitude and it sucked.

The only, and I mean the only redeeming part about that movie was Vulture.

You honestly think they'd fucking have time to do Ned Leeds or even the Hobgoblin arc when they're probably not even going to use the Bugle as a job for Peter since we've got Tony Stank helping bankroll him in emergencies?

Venom sucks. Hobgoblin sucks. Mary Jane sucks.
What's the point?