When did cartoon standards get so fucking low?

When did cartoon standards get so fucking low?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_9dxjg65B4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not standards that got low. willingness to pay got low. you pay your already lazy animator peanuts and see whats gonna happen. perfectly round corners for your shortcuts

Standards always get lowered when women compete with men.

1960 when Flintstones were churning out barebones cheap ass animation on the dime.

Started a whole trend of shitty ripoff, barely animated schlock featuring animals in the same stock situations over and over and over again. Jesus, they made so much of this shit that they made an olympics team comprised of nothing but these shitty, one note, half written characters. Thank god the 80's and 90's at least tried again.

We live in a world where the Powerpuff Girls reboot exist, user.
We're very obviously past the point of having standards.

ITT: we cry about SU

Why, what's wrong with it?

Writers started hijacking the animation industry, the quality was considered less important then the jokes if they could churn out more of it.

Fucking wow.

The difference is we view old HB days as cancer which is why people wanted to put some effort into animation in the late 80's to 90's. No one was going, "Boy, we should go back to the good ol' days of Tom Cat where a background would be set on loop with the shittiest animation you can find!".

Somehow, our modern Flash puppeting for stuff like Johnny Test manages to look WORSE than old cuts-the-corners HB animation.

>Incoming anons crying about how SU is the worst thing to blight mankind.

Cartoons and anime had bigger budgets back in the 80's and 90's. Especially in music.

youtube.com/watch?v=q_9dxjg65B4

*saves Western animation*

>implying

>implying

I know it's a shitpost but it's the first cartoon I've thoroughly enjoyed in a while

should I binge this?

No, you should take your sweet time watching and savoring the show's redeeming qualities

TV Cartoons have always had low standards. Just look at 70s and 80s cartoons.