Literally the dumbest/most unnecessary setting for a movie I've ever seen

Literally the dumbest/most unnecessary setting for a movie I've ever seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xfJuJrqFhXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>in this alternate timeline Japan became and acquired part of the United States, achieving statehood in 1956
>the open exchange of individuals led to a massive cultural shift on the east coast of the US and west coast of Japan

It's pretty cool to me

Shut up, it's well-designed and attractive and cool

>unnecessary has become a buzzword
What the hell does a "most unnecessary setting" even mean?

What would be a necessary setting in your eyes, OP?

>waaaah y-you're just using buzzwords
Go away.

Not OP, but I want you to picture a world where you live in comfort without any short- or long-term provisions; the only people who directly impact your life are all women ranging in age from 16 to 32 (perhaps with some outliers sprinkled in for flavor) and would rate an 8/10 to 10/10 in physical beauty (and 6/10 to 9/10 in personality and charm); and for some reason they all want your dick.

That's necessary.

>Buzzword has become a buzzword.
Looks like we've finally come full circle.

Doesn't sound terribly different from our world, there's still a heck of a lot of cultural exchange between Japan and the US.

>make an awesome city
>the main hero flies so it doesn't really matter since you barely get to see street level stuff

what the fuck is even the point

I'm guessing you don't like Blade Runner either, then. Because it's also set in a Japanified version of a West Coast city.

>there will never be a Senator of Japan

Awwwww.

The rivalry between them and California would be adorable too.

Nice.

my favorite example of this is how they explain the localization of pheonix wright's LA/Japan

Dunno about that, but it's certainly an objectively shit movie.

So Phoenix Wright?

wait a second

that face

could it be?

>its on google store for $14.99
>wait a month
>still same price
>Buy it
>its $4.99 to rent it next day

I liked it though it seemed a bit too short for some reason

It looks more like just a huge china town rather than anything japanese

I'm a pleb and what's this?

Shit, it's the 4kids universe too

After spending a long enough time on this website, things circle in a winding sprial of irony and contrarianism until everything is just memes.

San fransoyko.

Big hero 6.

compare the version of san fransico+tokyo in macross frontier

oh shit I thought it was Ghost in the Shell lmao

San Fransokyo ain't got nothing on this. Or were you referring to the live-action version?

>watch this movie
>hear Honey Lemon's voice and then they're going to do something cool with the setting, a Hispanic character who grew up learning Japanese instead of English
>nope lol let's give almost no backstory to the setting or any of the characters except Mufasa 2

okay

It was the only thing about the movie that had any personality.

come comrade, let us sing the national anthem!
youtube.com/watch?v=xfJuJrqFhXM

No, what happened in Phoenix Wright localization was that Japanese immigrants working on the railroads were never forcibly deported in the nineteenth century, leading to an infusion of Japanese culture in the area.

The setting looks cool, but the name is fucking stupid. San Fransokyo is so fucking dumb.

There's barely any Tokyo in Frontier.

IIRC, some of the backgrounds in the SanFran bits were straight up layered photos from Kawamori's vacation.

The city is japenese themed from the 1906 quake and it brought in a huge japanese wave of influence

>east coast of US
> west coast of Japan

I believe you have those mixed up, user.

That's one of the stupidest responses I've seen in a while. Congratulations.tiff

A setting that is very appropriate for a story

I like how the cultural scroll depicts one of the worst cases that every game seems to have

It doesn't seem like whatever OP was describing

It doesn't make sense either...it implies there was a spanish missionary named "Fransanyoko"