Whatever happened to this?

Whatever happened to this?

People stopped storytiming it. The last issue should be out soon.

Also shit went full grand guignol last issue.

i didn't like that her madness was supernatural.

it's the same kind of shit that ruined hotline miami.

It was hinted to be unnatural right from the start when she totals two adult cops and literally beats their brains in.

The wait between issues became too long

It's almost over and absolutely no one gets a happy ending and the Heros became ineffective psychotic monster

What is this?

Loli punisher

girl's boyfriend dies
girl becomes psychotic serial killer against evil cops and other dudes
bitch is crazy and shes got magic power or maybe she's just crazy
wait, nah, it's magic and there's other weird shit

Hot damn. I need to catch up.

Is it okay for masked people to do awful things because of supernatural influences if the supernatural entity is an overt presence from the start and interacts with the people it's influencing? I feel like this stuff is only a problem because it isn't upfront with you about it.

I bought the first tpb but it's almost unreadable because of so many ads

Dang, that's Mortal Kombat-tier right there.

>I bought the first tpb but it's almost unreadable because of so many ads
Seriously?

Same, my interest went from 100 to 0 when they revealed it was magic. Before it was an edgy psychological thriller, and after it was just a lame edgy magical girl thing. Like it was written by Mark Millar if Mark Millar was a weeb.

Yeah, and I wish she hadn't gone full edgelord
suddenly deciding to kill her redhead friend.

Did you not understand why she killed her? It wasn't just a sudden lol Imma kill her now decision

Huh, should pick this up

Leave no witnesses

This can easily be picked up as a cartoon. I can imagine it be presented to Netflix.

Her grandma is the one influencing her now right?

It's slow as fucking shit

Kinda agree. I didn't mind the supernatural a ton but I don't like the direction it went in.

Would've preferred if she was just supernatural because something possessed her or something like that, instead of it being passed down through her family line or whatever it's ended up being.

I didn't know Shonen Bat had a cute little girlfriend.

>Raaiiyaa ra ra i yo ra sora ni migoto na kinoko no kumo!

Also, it ends in September so I bet someone will storytime the whole thing then

I don't understand why Addison would risk herself trying to save her in the first place if she would immediately kill her for obviously being able to recognize her voice.

She's a psycho murder loli, not Tanya von Degurechaff

i didn't like it because like said it took away from it being a psychological thriller when they went "lol magic"

as i said before with hotline miami as an example it was like how in making the voices in jacket's head supernatural entities in HM2 rather than his conscience in HM1 took away from his character and ruined the story of the first game

a character can just be crazy

what´s the deal with the evil mother? why is she smiling?

>jacket's head supernatural entities in HM2
wait what? there´s supernatural entities in Hotline Miami?!

she was a roastie anyways

She's evil. Trying to control everything or something. Read the book if you're so curious

yeah in HM2 richard (the rooster mask) was a being that showed up whenever someone (a player character) was about to die

Not really, it's more that in HM2 somehow the paranoia and spree killing result in the mask craze seemingly creating mass psychosis, obsession and hallucination in the already mentally unhinged and involved.

I don't feel something seemingly initially bizarre but grounded getting paranormal is the worst, see Twin Pines, as I'm not someone who refuses to mix my food if it goes together well but I'll concede in that I felt the setting was a little too young to go for something like that after one game of exposition.
As a result it felt to me more like HM2 was reacting to our reaction to HM1 and not naturally growing from its own internal output.

Reworking the angle of a story I can tolerate, getting prematurely meta like that always feels a little unsubstantial to me. A bit like an artist taking a picture of people reacting to his painting, and then framing that next to the painting.

Getting too referential or self-reflective or anything like that is what takes me out of it. Too much snake-eats-tail not enough substance to consume. I have the same impression with HM2 as I do No More Heroes 2, the first is admittedly not that subdued to begin with, yes, but then it just gets a bit much with the sequel because the reception to the prior made them think the successor could just fly off the handle. Some degree of mediation is required even in something built from hyperbole.

Still I never subscribe to the idea that a sequel ruins anything of the original.

tl;dr

>Still I never subscribe to the idea that a sequel ruins anything of the original.

Tell that to Moore's Swamp Thing

Yeah, but I'm asking if it can still function on that level if some kind of otherworldly being is the source of their ability or the conflict itself?

> Another comic edgy character who thinks it's better that Sub-Zero

She's smiling because she loves her friend

yes its unbearable I refuse to finish the series unless it gets collected better

Well, so fucking much for my belief that anybody besides me on this board knows the first fucking thing about any goddamn comic book's creator that isn't capeshit. Mia Goodwin fell ill this winter and was unable to work on Tomboy. That's literally it. It's still going to get finished. Also it's still the most tense, most exciting comic going on.

P.S. keep your fingers crosed. Sony's making a movie out of Princeless. If that makes money and they develop a great relationship with Action Lab, Tomboy could be next.

You see, a fill-in artist had to jump into Goodwin's place, and in order to keep up up Action Lab released issue 10 and 11 both in February, BUT issue 11 only released digitally four months later.

Well, it's Comic-Con and we're talking about it. It worked.

I know he deserved it but god damn was that brutal

Not that user but I never took that as supernatural. Both games play out like a surreal fever dream with a vague sense of deeper meaning.

By the time HM2 rolls around Jacket's antics have been blasted all over the news and and monetized by the media. His Rooster mask persona(Richard) is now ingrained in the public psyche, and he becomes a personified representation of the growing violence and paranoia in the socio-political climate, appearing to those as an omen before death. It's like people who claim to see the angel of death before dying or having a brush with death (In this instance they see Richard). Just as the 'visits' Jacket receives in his apartment between missions in HM1 were twisted figments of real people he knew.

HM1 revolved around Jacket 'going crazy', while HM2 was focused on the world going crazy and finally blowing itself up.

This is the reason i don't read comics, everything's just so fucking gratuitous. Add on top of that the same characters recycled time and again and you just end up with a steaming pile of unoriginal gore and shit.

At least somebody here is a diehard fan. That's good.

>I've never read comics but I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong with the industry

>Don't read comics
>Complain about out of context pages anyways
And that wasn't gratuitous, while the death was a bit much he did deserve what was coming to him.

I love tomboys but this is just so fucking shit
I just can't

>I just can't
Finish the sentence

It's just me i'm talking about, but you know I'm right. The only comic book hero I would give a shit about reading is Static Shock because he at least is a recent original creation. Only watched the cartoon though. Can't find a comic book shop in this desert.
How many iterations has the capeshit genre gone through?
How long have they been around?
Why don't they just create new heroes already?

>Calling him Static Shock

>Saw this board and got interested in the comic
>Binged the whole thing, just finished it now
I like it.

There are plenty of new legacy heroes if you want to read about them. Even then there's more than the big two to read, also
>Static Shock

>only reading cape shit
There's your problem.

>oooh, little girl serial killer!
>she only kills "bad guys"

And I lost interest. I thought she'd be kidnapping, torturing and snuffing other little girls or something sexy. Not this stupid garbage-o.

It's Action Lab so that will probably never happen.

It was pitched as a magical girl thing since the start. Honestly I wasn't sold on the magic thing straight away when it was introduced but at this point it has fucked everyone over so badly I'm into it.

I think Tomboy has its flaws but I like Mia Goodwin's art and ideas a lot. I'll be interested in what she turns to next. The fill-in artist is a little weaker but still a good pick IMO.

Looks shit

>or something sexy

>but you know I'm right

>proceeds to be wrong

They fucking ruined it by tying in some ancient gods bullshit.

Damn.
Near the beginning from what I remember the concern was it was all delusional from from the drugs. If that's the case I prefer owning it up to the drugs.

>Hotline Miami

Are you talking about Richard? I don't think he was causing the characters in Hotline Miami to kill people, I think he's either:

A) A manifestation of the each character's guilt, given a name/identity as a narrative device, or

B) Some kind of omniscient entity that's trying to warn the characters that their killing is going to kill them.

He's more like a fucked-up guardian angel than a super-natural force. A fucked-up guardian angel that's really bad at his job.

Speaking of Hotline Miami, who else really liked Son? He was my favorite character but I think I'm the only one.

Guys like Michael Corleone are always interesting to see for me, to the public their lifestyle and actions are simply crime and atrocities, but within their circle you understand they've been numbed or normalized to that stuff, it's just white noise, the real affronts as far as they're concerned are those against pride and family. The warped yet straight sense of morality can turn the context of a story on its head, from our eyes we were just killing nameless, faceless killers, tearing out the fangs and claws of a larger monster preying on society. And yet from the view of another killer we're the monster who has been butchering friends, family and associates without rhyme or reason.

Women writers are awful.
Women in general should stay away from any even remotely intellectual activities, it's not for them. They suck at it.

Last thing i remember about this was it was reviled that grandpa kept grandmas corpse in his closet. Also ghost Boyfriend got replaced by Ghost Best friend with hinted lesbian undertones.

Why do people have problem with magic?
Teenage girl actually succeeding in killing anyone and not leaving loads of evidence to trace back to her breaks my suspension of disbelief much harder than any mumbo jumbo.